Fran Bow Chapter 1
By: Killmonday Games
This is a complete step-by-step walkthrough for Chapter 1 of the PC, Mac, iOS and Android game Fran Bow by Killmonday Games. This is meant to get you through the puzzles. Any extra actions and exploration are up to you if you want to see everything. I do recommend taking your time to look at everything, even if it’s not necessary to get through the game. Feel free to ask for extra help in the comments section.
Chapter 1 – My Sober Day:
1. You can answer whatever you want with all the dialogue options here. They don’t seem to affect the outcome of the game. Once the doctor is done talking to you, pick up the purse from the table. Examine the note inside from your Aunt Grace, which basically tells you how to use your inventory.
You can also watch my video walkthrough for Chapter 1 here:
2. Take your medicine from the nurse.
3. You’ll now be back in your room. Tap on Fran Bow to wake up. Then, go over to the curtain and pull it down. Pick up the golden hook.
4. Tap the eyeball to the right of the screen to head right. Pick up the box under the bed and USE it to find a key inside.
5. Talk to Phil to learn that there’s a code for the door inside the office. So you need to figure out how to get inside. You’ll also meet some scary dude.
6. Go back to your bed and use the tiny key to open the desk drawer. Take the photo of your family and the hair clip from inside.
7. Go left. Talk to the nurse and tell her you broke the curtain. Then follow her to it. Don’t tell her about the golden hook you found.
8. Go back to her desk and read everything on it. Also, take the bandages. Then, open the drawer and take box from inside. Also, notice she has a gun!
9. Use the handwritten note on the desk to open the box. The box says HIDE on it. If you notice, the bottom of the note gives you the key to unlocking it. A = 1, B = 2, C = 3, D = 4, E = 5, and so on to H = 8 and I = 9. So translate HIDE to 8945. Change the numbers on the box to 8945 to unlock it and take your bottle of pills (Duotine).
10. You can now switch between the “normal” world and the hallucinations… Or maybe that’s the real world? Either way, the pills let you switch between them, which is a cool puzzle mechanic. And creepy. Use the pills to see a roll of yarn. Take the knitting needle from it.
11. Combine the knitting needle with the hair clip to make a key.
12. Go right and down the bloody steps to see the psychiatrist talking to Aunt Grace.
13. You’ll then wake up on the floor of the bedroom with a dead fox in the bed. Look out the window and examine things. Then go right to Phil again. Examine the deer and his head will fall off. Use the key to unlock the office door. Go through to happiness!
14. If you take your pills here, there’s a mechanical cat, but the stairwell is locked. First, look at the bathroom window (WC or wash closet) with the pills in effect to see the words “The King Likes Drawings.” We’ll need that clue in a bit.
15. Next, go through the door to the right. Talk to the little girl drawing with crayons. Then, try to take her crayons. She tells you about “red milk” — she’s bleeding and wants you to stop it. So use your bandages on her and she’ll let you take a crayon. Leave the room.
Click on the little numbers below to continue to the next page or click here.
Note: Sometimes a promo code is provided for a game, but it does not affect the review in any way. At AppUnwrapper, we strive to provide reviews of the utmost quality.
Check out my recommended list for other games you might like.
If you like what you see on AppUnwrapper.com, please consider supporting the site through Patreon. Every little bit helps and is greatly appreciated. You can read more about it here. And as always, if you like what you see, please help others find it by sharing it.
COPYRIGHT NOTICE © AppUnwrapper 2011-2017. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author is strictly prohibited. Links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to AppUnwrapper with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.