Broken Sword 2 – The Smoking Mirror: Remastered
By Revolution Software Limited
This is the Jungle through Zombie Island section of my Broken Sword 2 – The Smoking Mirror walkthrough. Screen shots will be added soon.
1. George wakes up alone near a treehouse.
2. Take the vine from the washing machine looks like a wheel).
3. Walk left and pick up the cross from under the treehouse. There’s a press made of two stones to the left. You can use the cross to turn only one stone right now. Tie the vine to the stones so they turn together. You can try it out of you’d like, by picking up the cross and using it with the press.
4. There are some wet leaves to the right of the treehouse. Use the bank statement on them.
5. Use the small statue (fetish) with the waterwheel. It was cause sparks to fall on the wet leaves and bank statement, creating a fire.
6. The smoke from the fire draws the priest out from the treehouse. George puts it out and the priest lowers the ladder and comes down. It sounds like the priest found Nico!
7. Talk to the priest. He’ll tell you that Nico was bitten by a snake. You need to go to the village and ask about a specific kind of root, but the priest won’t go with a creased collar. So you have to press it for him.
8. Place the collar on the press. Use the cross on the press, then pick the pressed collar up off the ground.
9. Hand the collar to Father Hubert and talk to him. Convince him to take you to the village.
1. Talk to the guards at the village. They’ll tell you the shaman requires a tribute, or gift, in order to see him.
2. Give them the dog biscuits and, believe it or not, the shaman liked them! But he wants more!
3. Put the Mayan stone in the empty biscuit box and hand it to the guard. He’ll take it to the shaman and the shaman will want to see you.
4. Walk into the village. Talk to the shaman. Ask him for the root and he’ll make you listen to a story about the evil god Tezcatlipoca and how you need the three stones to defeat him. Get as much information as you can out of him and then ask for the root. You’ll stay they night and sneak back to the treehouse in the morning.
1. You can go up to the treehouse and try to give the root to Nico, but she won’t be able to chew it. So place the root on the press. Put the cone under the press, then use the cross to press the root. You’ll now have the antidote.
2. Take the cone up to the treehouse and feed the antidote to Nico. She’s already feeling better. You’ll split up and look for the other two stones.
1. As George, you’re looking for the Eagle stone. Talk to the guy standing around. His name’s Bronson. Try to steal a look at his plans, but he’ll stop you.
2. Look through his theodolite to see something glimmering on the building above.
3. Walk right onto the dock and talk to Rio. Find out everything he knows. He tells you about the museum.
4. Walk up the stairs to the museum.
1. Extend the ladder and try to climb up it. The ladies will stop you. If you talk to the cat it will scratch you. Talk to the ladies. Find out everything they know. They watch over a girl named Emily.
2. Try to open the door to the museum. The ladies will stop you. Ask them about the cat and trick them into thinking Emily is hanging out with Rio. They’ll go down to check, but you still can’t get into the museum.
3. Go back downstairs.
1. Talk to Rio again. Find out what he knows. Ask him for a fish. He wants something in return, so offer him the tequila worm. He’ll accept it, but it’ll take some time to catch the fish. Keep asking him about the fish. Eventually he’ll catch something, but it’s a rust bicycle. Take the inner tube from the bike and ask Rio to still catch you a fish.
2. Walk back up the stairs to the museum.
3. Walk up the ladder and tie the inner tube to the right flagpole. Then go back down to the beach.
4. Talk to Rio again and he’ll give you the fish he caught.
5. Go back up to the museum and tie the fish to the inner tube. The cat will get up and start staring at it.
6. Pick up the ball the cat left behind. Go back up the ladder and take the inner tube. You’ll leave the fish for the cat.
7. Go back down the ladder. There’s a fallen piece of tree to the left of the house that makes a “U” shape. Tie the inner tube to the branches to make a slingshot.
8. Put the ball in the slingshot and it will knock the theolodite target off the flagpole. Bronson will come up to see what happened and climb up the ladder to fix it. Now’s your chance to see his plans!
9. Pull the ladder out from under Bronson to leave him hanging on the flagpole.
10. Pick up the theolodite market from the ground.
11. Go back down to the beach and take the theolodite and the plans from the table. Then to back up to the museum.
12. The ladies will tell you to help Bronson down. Talk to Bronson, but he won’t see the light. Show the plans to the ladies and they’ll let you into the museum as a favor for showing them what Bronson was really up to.
1. Now you’re Nico, looking for the Jaguar stone in London. You start off in a museum.
2. To the right of the two girls, under the mask, is the Jaguar stone. But it’s locked up.
3. Talk to the attendant. Find out as much as you can from him. He’ll eventually introduce you to Oubier, who just walked in. The phone rings and the attendant goes to answer it. Ask Oubier about the Jaguar stone. The attendant will come back and Oubier will leave.
4. Ask the attendant about the Jaguar stone again. He’ll take you to see it and discover it’s gone! Now you have to find a way out of the museum.
5. Take the key from the case where the Jaguar stone used to be.
6. Open your inventory. Open Nico’s handbag to get a hair clip.
7. Walk over to the case near the telephone. Use the key to unlock it and take out the dagger.
8. Take the key back.
9. Talk to the attendant. Exhaust all options. When you show him the key, he’ll agree it was probably Oubier who stole the Jaguar stone. He’ll go to call the police.
10. While he’s distracted, pull back the curtain on the right side of the room. There’s a door behind it. Use the dagger to lever it open and escape.
1. You’re George again. He got into the museum.
2. Read the log books.
3. Take the quill from off the desk.
4. Take the chart from off the stand. Place it on the desk.
5. Open the treasure chest/trunk and Emily will pop out! Talk to her and find out what she knows.
6. Take the lantern from the wall and place it in the ink well on the desk. It fits perfectly!
7. Look at the portrait of Captain Ketch.
8. Talk to Emily. Ask her about the cross around her neck. She’ll only give it to you for something in return.
9. Leave the museum.
10. Give the quill to the cat. The cat will tear it up onto pieces. Pick up the feather pieces.
11. Go downstairs and talk to Rio. Ask about Emily and he’ll tell you to give her a conch. Give him the feather pieces in exchange for the conch.
12. Go back to the museum. Open the door and give the conch to Emily in exchange for the cross.
13. Place the cross in the pen holder and the shadow from the cross will show you that you need to go to Zombie Island.
14. Go back downstairs. Talk to Rio and convince him to take you to Zombie Island in his boat.
1. Examine the rocky outcropping. You cant climb it. Examine the boat. There are nets in it. Talk to Rio and ask him for his net. He’ll give it to you.
2. Use the net on the rocky outcropping to climb up.
1. You’re now Nico again. She’s in an abandoned underground subway station.
2. Walk left to the blue vending machine. Try to stick your fingers in the coin slot. It doesn’t work. Use the hairclip on the coin slot and the coin will fall through the machine.
3. Take the penny from the coin reject slot.
4. Place the penny back in the coin slot. A bar of chocolate will fall into the vending slot. Take it and take the penny back from the coin reject slot.
5. Walk right and put the coin in the weighing machine. It will weight you and give you a card.
6. Walk right and use the dagger on the cupboard to open it a crack.
7. Use the card on the crack to open the cupboard.
8. Press the red button inside the cupboard. A train will come and stop since the light is now red. Nico will board the train
1. You’re George again, on top of Zombie Island.
2. There’s an exit at the upper right corner of the screen. Take it and you end up in a swamp.
3. Take a reed.
4. There’s another exit in the upper right corner of the screen. Take it.
5. There’s a lair with some animal inside it. Stick the reed inside the lair and the animal chews part of it off.
6. Take the lower left exit to go back a screen. Then go back again to get to the first screen where you started.
7. Take the lower right exit.
8. Walk right and you’ll encounter a boar in your path. Mix the dart with the reed. **Save here in case you mess this up.*** Use the reed/dart on the boar to shoot him with the dart. The boar will start running after you. Quickly grab the branch above you. You’ll hang from it while the boar heads up the north path.
9. Head right and take the path ahead that is now revealed. You end up at the needle.
1. Pick up the creepers around the needle.
2. Combine the net and marker in your bag.
3. Use the net/marker on the creepers on the ground
4. Grab the creepers and throw the whole thing on the top of the needle.
5. Go back through the left exit (where you came from) and take the path up north that the boar ran through. You’ll end up on a hill.
1. Examine the carvings. Captain Ketch was here! Examine the holes.
2. Place the theolodite in the holes.
3. Look through the theolodite. You can move it by tapping the hand pointing to the right. Move right until you see your sparkling marker near the bottom.
4. Examine the marker. Then examine the pillar. It’s the spot you’re looking for!
5. Leave this view by tapping the hand near the bottom of the screen.
6. Take the right exit to walk down the hill and back to the shaman village.
1. You’re Nico again, back in London. You’re hiding behind a crate by the docks.
2. Tap on the crate to the left of Nico and she’ll move to hide behind it.
3. When the guard is out of sight, climb the ladder of the boat. You’ll now hide on top of it, out of sight. ***Save here in case you mess up the timing.***
4. When the guard is talking to the guy in the red shirt, quickly climb down and open the cupboard. Then quickly climb back up the ladder.
5. When the guard goes to investigate the open cupboard, quickly run down and close the cupboard. Grab the mop and use it to lock the cupboard door.
6. Look through the porthole and watch the scene between Oubier and Karzac. Karzac kills Oubier and Nico will walk into the cabin.
7. Try to take the Jaguar stone. You need to first see if Oubier is alive. “Talk” to him and you’ll see he truly is dead. Then you can take the stone.
8. As you’re taking the stone, Karzac will sneak behind you and slip a rope around your neck. Quickly grab the dagger from your bag and stab him!
9. Nico will run out and dive into the water.
1. You’re George again, and you stumbled onto a movie filming.
2. Talk to the “boy” facing the woman. His name is Haiku. You’ll get interrupted by the director and they’ll start filming again. Watch the cutscene. At the end of it, the stunt man will take Haiku’s place.
3. Go over to the table. Take a bun, pancakes and syrup.
4. Examine the bush. There are hornets inside!
5. Talk to Bert. Offer him the pancake and he’ll take it.
6. Take another pancake from the table. Mix this one with the syrup. Give it to Bert. It will get syrup all over his chin.
7. Throw the bun into the bush and the hornets will go after Bert, getting him to do his stunt. Watch the cutscene and the set will move down to the beach.
1. Hawks tells you to stay put. Talk to Bert and find out he can’t do any stunts because he hurt his back.
2. Talk to Hawks. Ask about the cave. He tells you you can be the stuntman, but the camera is bogged down.
3. Try to take the camera. Talk to the cameraman and he tells you you can use the portable camera.
4. Talk to Hawks again and convince him to use the portable. He’ll go along with it and send you in to wardrobe to get changed. Watch the cutscene of George climbing to the cave and finding the Eagle stone.
1. You’re Nico again, back in the village. It’s on fire and you find Titipoco, the little man from the warehouse.
2. Talk to Titipoco and find out what he knows about George.
3. Walk right till you find underpants and take them.
4. Walk left again. There’s a barrel to the left of Titipoco. Next to it is a Mayan stone. Try to take it but it’s too hot.
5. Try to move the barrel next to the Maya stone. It won’t budge. Talk to Titipoco and get him to help you push it. The barrel tips over, spilling water onto the Mayan stone.
6. Pick up the stone. You now have the Coyote and Jaguar, while Titipoco has the Eagle.
7. Titipoco is pointing left. So go left and exit the screen. You’ll end up by the base of the pyramid.