Escape: Mathematician’s Chamber
By: WaveA PTE.LTD. (IDAC)
Note: For all IDAC/WaveA games, make sure you tap each clue/item numerous times to make sure it doesn’t have anything else to tell you. If you miss something, the game might not let you use that clue to solve a puzzle.
1. Take the cable from the desk.
2. Connect the cable to the switchboard.
3. Look inside the pencil holder to get an international power adapter.
4. Pick up the left book to find the fuse. Open the power adapter and place the fuse inside.
5. Move the desk chair and roll up the rug to find the power cord.
5. Connect the power cord to the power adapter and plug it into the power strip to the left of the computer.
6. Look at the computer screen. Then turn and find this room and notice the colors on the board. Go back to the computer screen and match the colors to the clue you found. Then take the key from the computer’s disc tray.
7. Go to this room and use the key to open the cabinets housing all the clocks. Find the two parts of the screwdriver behind the clocks and combine them to make a screwdriver.
8. Use the screwdriver to open the glass over the grandfather clock’s face. Take the second hand.
9. Notice the clue on the clock. It says to start and the star, then move right three, then down two. Go to the shelves of clocks and start at the star and count like the clue says. You come to this clock.
10. Turn the hour and minute hands on the grandfather clock to match the clock you just found. Then take the memo from the pendulum.
11. Turn to the room with the model ship. Look at the top of the glass case for a puzzle that looks like the memo you found. Match the numbers to it and take the batteries.
12. Then look on the left side of the glass case for a button and press it. A metal piece will appear in the case. Open up the top again and grab it.
13. While still looking inside the case, select the second hand and use it on the inside of the case to twist it into a shape similar to the one you just found.
14. Combine the two pieces into one.
15. Take out the model ship. Tap on it until you get a key. Tap again to get a little red treasure chest. Open it and take the note out.
16. Use the key to open the desk drawer and get the red cellophane.
17. Tap on the drawer again to look in the back of it and find the cutter.
18. Find this room and lift up the lamp. Unscrew the screws on the bottom and open the battery case. Place the batteries inside and turn on the lamp.
19. Place the metal piece by the lamp and look closely at its shadow.
20. Find the chess piece game on the table here. Pick it up to see the bottom is an LCD display. Place the red cellophane on it. Open the cutter and use it on the cellophane to cut away the squares with letters behind them (notice they make up the word PASSWORD).
21. Go to the board with all the math equations on it and place the red cellophane to see which parts are relevant.
22. Now to get the password. Based on the order of the letters in PASSWORD, the order of the numbers and symbols goes like this: 0 + triangle triangle 2 X Y Z.
Now look at the note in your bag. First, it says A^3 + B^3 = C^3 + D^3 = 1729. It also tells you that B is bigger than D, which is bigger than C, which is bigger than A. From all this, you get A=1, B=12, C=9, and D=10.
Now use the third line on the note to get the values of X, Y & Z. X=3, Y =4, and Z=9.
The shadow from the lamp tells you that the + = 6 and the triangle = 5. Put all this information together and the password is 06552394. Head to the main door, punch those numbers into the keypad and press E. Now you can escape!