The Trace: Murder Mystery Game
By: Relentless Software
[DKB url=”https://www.appunwrapper.com/TheTrace” text=”Download” title=”” type=”” style=”” color=”green” width=”” opennewwindow=”” nofollow=””]
This is a complete step-by-step walkthrough guide with hints, tips, solutions and answers for the iOS game The Trace by Relentless Software. It is bare bones, meant to help you if you get stuck. I recommend using itonly if you really need help, as the fun of the game is discovering everything on your own. Feel free to ask for help in the comments section if you prefer a hint over an answer.
Chapter 1, The Garage (Oakley Classic Cars):
1. Follow the tutorial. Answer the phone and talk to Alex, then open the door by pulling down the handle. Go inside and examine the body. First, look at the lift controls. Press the button to see if it’s working. It’s not. Turn it around and use the UV light to find a fingerprint. Tap and hold the fingerprint to scan it and see whose it is. Then drag the clue to the slot to see your first cutscene and answer your first question.
You can also watch my video walkthrough for chapter 1 here:
2. Pick up the keys. Then examine his shoes to see that the heels are scuffed up. Check in his pocket for a wallet (pull it out). Look inside for his ID. You’ll automatically make a call and learn his identity and the name of his daughter, who’s in the photo. Then examine his hand and scan the fingerprints.
3. Go to the Service Reception room and use the second key to unlock the door. Go inside and pull the light switch to turn on the lights.
4. Look down at the floor right below you and examine the scuff marks. Drag the clue about the heels to the question about the scuff marks to solve it. Then pick up the broken glass nearby.
5. Go over to the desk. Look inside the trash bin and take the ripped up sticky note. Then look at the floor on the other side of the desk for a matching scrap of paper. Combine them and solve the puzzle to get a six-digit code.
6. Go to e computer and enter 246844 as the passcode. Read what appears to be a suicide note. Drag the suicide note clue to the question about the computer being left on standby to solve it.
7. Open the second drawer of the desk to get a small black key. Then go over to the wall and inspect the trophy. Notice that it’s clean, while the rest of the shelf is covered in dust. Scan it for evidence to find some blue fibers.
8. To the left of the trophy is a painting that’s only half covering a locked safe. Move the painting aside and scan the safe for a fingerprint. Then turn the knob of the safe slowly, right, left, right, left, until you hit the correct numbers. The idea is that you’re supposed to listen to it while turning, but you don’t need to. As long as you don’t turn too fast, it will happen automatically when you hit 70, 30, 90, 10. Open the safe and scan the gun holster for a fingerprint. Also, examine the business records to discover that money is missing from the safe. Use those two clues and the one about the deceased’s fingerprints to solve the question about who opened the safe and watch the cutscene to see what happened.
9. Leave the office and find the drawer below a pizza box. Open it and take the screwdriver. Next, use the little gold key you have left to try and unlock the gate. The key will break off, so you need to find another way through.
10. Use the little black key to unlock the yellow cart. Open the two drawers and take the wrench and hacksaw. Then use the saw to cut the chain holding the left side of the cart and move the cart to the right and out of the way.
11. Now you can access a vent. Use the wrench to remove the bolts and then crawl through. Turn on the light and open e drawer to find another wrench. Turn it over and scan it for fingerprints to get more evidence.
12. Grab the can of spray lubricant from the table. Then go to the fuse box and use the screwdriver to remove the screws and open the lid. Pull the lever down so the electricity is off, then remove the blown fuse.
13. Leave that room and turn to the other fuse box. Use the screwdriver to open it up. The lever is rusted, so use the lubricant on it. Once it’s all shiny and new, shut the power. Then take the working fuse and place it in the other fuse box. Pull the lever back up to turn the power back on.
14. Go back to the body and press the up arrow on the controls to raise the hydraulic platform. Now you can access the guy’s head. Examine the imprint on his forehead an solve the question about it with the clue of the design of the trophy. Then examine his glasses and place the glass shards with them. Drag the pieces to compete the puzzle. Then use the two clues from the glasses to answer the question about the glass shards.
15. Find the bathroom door and open it. Head inside and turn on the light. There’s a combination lock on the left locker, but someone wrote the combination for it on the side of the same locker! Use the numbers 347 to open it. Examine the flask to learn about Joey’s drinking habits. Scan the blue cloth to determine that it’s the same fiber from the trophy. Solve the question about the the trophy not being dusty with the clue about it being cleaned. And that’s all the questions we have to answer! Watch the cutscene and let’s move on to the next chapter.
Note: Sometimes a promo code is provided for a game, but it does not affect the review in any way. At AppUnwrapper, we strive to provide reviews of the utmost quality.
Check out my recommended list for other games you might like.
If you like what you see on AppUnwrapper.com, please consider supporting the site through Patreon. Every little bit helps and is greatly appreciated. You can read more about it here. And as always, if you like what you see, please help others find it by sharing it.
I also offer affordable testing and consulting for iOS developers.
COPYRIGHT NOTICE © AppUnwrapper 2011-2020. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog's author is strictly prohibited. Links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to AppUnwrapper with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.