Shay and Vella (final puzzles):
1. Switch back to Shay. Use the clue from the family photo that Vella saw in the central control room to figure out how to rewire the broken Hexipal robot. The symbols for the Hexipal wires are different each game, so I can only guide you through this part. You’ll have to get the final solution on your own. I’ve written a separate guide for this, but I’ll go through it again.
You can also watch my video for the last puzzles of the game and the ending:
2. Make sure you combined the wire with the broken Hexipal. Then tap on the Hexipal to see its back. To rewire it, you tap one of the pegs (connections) in the corners of the hexagon and drag your finger to another peg. The direction does matter. Just so you can see what symbol each peg represents, connect the wires like so.
3. Now, go to the diamond charging station to the left and place the Hexipal in it. Now you can see what each connection gives you. The top row is the blue wire, the second row is the yellow wire, and the bottom row is the red wire. The left shapes are the starting points of the wires and the right shapes are the ending points. Mine looks like this, but yours is likely different. I suggest taking a screenshot or writing it down, or both.
4. So according to my symbols, my wiring should go like so:
5. Place the Hexipal back into the wiring station and he’ll charge up! If you get three blue bars and a smiling Hexipal, it means it worked. Now hand him over to Alex and let him do his magic. He’s the electronics genius you needed!
6. Vella’s family will run in now. There’s a big cutscene where both ships get moving and end up colliding. Tap on the two ships and you’ll be back with Vella. Talk to Mom (Hope) and find out why she can’t move the ship. Both ships are on autopilot and the NavScarf bot refuses to change course even the slightest bit. So it’s up to Vella and Shay to save the day!
7. First, leave the control room and head right a bit. The safety Hexigal bot is broken on the floor. Pick her up.
8. Marek is gone, so go to his work station. Grab the loose wire from his computer. You can now talk to the Thrushmaster if you tap on the big screen. Exhaust all options to learn about his plans. This gives you a big chunk of the story, so I recommend reading through everything.
9. Combine the wire Vella just found with her Hexipal (Hexi-gal). You can try and rewire her through trial and error right now, or make a mistake in the final puzzle so you are given the safety bot program automatically. If you want to do it right now, the burn marks help you out. They show you where the wires go and which direction the go in (the dark burn marks show the starting points of the wires). So all you need to figure out is which color goes where. It’s a lot simpler than Shay’s Hexipal was! You can see what mine looks like below. When you get it right, the Hexigal will start swinging her arms again. Make a note of the configuration you ended up with, because you will need it for Shay’s Hexipal soon.
10. Now take Vella over to the “belly of the beast,” as she dubbed it. You can see Alex’s spaceship through the window. Have Vella press the death ray remote button. Alex will go downstairs to shut the power, leaving the door open so Shay can now go through.
Click on the little numbers below to continue to the next page of the walkthrough.
This Post Has 71 Comments
Stuck on repairing Hexipal wiring
What about it are you stuck on? Did you try my Hexipal guide?
BROKEN AGE ACT 1 the game
It cant seem to work out how to get the pattern right the guide is so difficult, how do you now you need the shapes?!?!
I cant see where the Nummbers are! Why!
IΓò¼├┤Γö£├ºΓö£├╗ve kept trying and trying but it hasnΓò¼├┤Γö£├ºΓö£├╗t worked???
I don’t remember my version of the wiring for Vela’s hexigal and I don’t know what to do now
When I got the hexigal all the way through to the door, she got sucked up through the big hole seperating the kitchen with the control room, did i do something wrong? Do I need to restart or…?
Go into the kitchen, get the thing in the top center to say ‘taco pill Tuesday’ while in the sun thing, and then use the grabby arm.
Just go to the kitchen
i am also stuck on the hexipal wiring the part with the drums.
i tried your walktrough but i think mine is different.
can you please help me
Yeah, each game is different. But the drum sequence is gotten from Vella’s story. It’s actually pretty easy to get because of the burn marks — you just need to figure out the order of the colors.
Were you able to get the other hexipal wiring a to work?
Help! I’m stuck on wiring Shay’s hexipal for drumming! I didn’t write down the hexigal’s wiring for drumming, but I can’t look at the pattern anymore because I’m past the point of distracting Mom so the game won’t let Vella go back to inspect the hexigal’s wiring pattern. Is there any way I can get the drumming wiring pattern at this juncture?
If you mess up the last section of the game, it will make you do it over again. So then you can look at it and write it down (or take a screenshot). The easiest way to reset it is to have Vella press the button for the laser before everything else is set up (assuming you’re able to do that at this point).
Thank you so much for your help, loved this game even more then others I’ve paid a lot for. Much better than destiny! It did pee me off something fierce so you helped me complete it.
There are bits in this game I would never have figured out or found
Glad to help! 🙂 And yeah, I really enjoyed it too. Surprised about all the negativity surrounding part 2. A few puzzles could have been designed better, but it’s still one of my favorite P&C’s.
Thank you for this walkthrough! I think I’ve made a mistake, and I’m not sure how to go back. I’m trying to rewire the hexipal to beat the drum, but I didn’t write down Vella’s burnt hexigal pattern. Is there any way to go back to see it?
Yeah. If you mess up, Mother will reprogram the hexigal back to her safety program, so you can get another look at it.
Yes i have but my friend helped me with it. Can you give me some hints?
I’m stuck on wiring the first hexipal can somebody help me?
What are you having trouble with? Every game will have a different wiring, but my Hexipal guide should help you figure it out.
Oops meant the 2nd time with Vella’s I’m having trouble with the order of connecting them. Like the coloring, blue, yellow, and red. I think I’ve tried almost all the ways possible with the colors but it isn’t working!
Which wiring are you trying to get? One is easy to figure out from the burn marks (you just need to figure out the colors on that one) and the other is found in Shay’s game.
The burn marks. I can’t figure out the coloring.
If I remember correctly, the darker burn marks are the starting points, so just try each color option until it works. There are only a few options to try. But each game is different, so you have to figure that part out yourself.
Ok first:thanks for the wireing guide i got stuck fvor a long time at that part.Never tought that infos from vellas story are used for Shays or the other way around.
Second:How did Shey knew how to connect the wires if the family photo was on Vellas side of story and how did Vella knew about the wire pattern in the book on Alexs ship?
I guess the only “plausible” explenation is that they comunicate through telepathy,but only twins are supposed to posess such abilityes…….but……that means……OMG PLOT TWIST VELLA AND SHAY ARE TWINS XD.
Yeah, plot-wise, it doesn’t really makes sense, unfortunately. With Shay, at least it’s *his* family photo, so he could just remember it. But Vella knowing things that only Shay could know (like Mr. Huggy) is kind of odd. It probably could have all been fixed by just giving them some way to communicate.
I know i was just trying to make a joke,but this problem really puts me on thinking.I REALLY hope that they dont mess up the story and end it with some kind of romance cliche about connections and stuff like that(i am not sure about that but playing through the game made me feel that could be the only possible ending and i hate that)
I’m placing the hexipal by the harp but he won’t play it he just stands there for a few seconds then Shay pick him back up. Please help what did I do wrong
Is he programmed so he waves his arms above his head? And did you meet the diamond pals yet?
I’ve met the diamond pals already and no I don’t think so since every time I put him down he just stands there and his eyes flash to x’s
Actually I wired him exactly how it shows in the picture diagram but mines didn’t stretch with his arms up 🙁
Yeah, you can’t just follow my photos. Each game has it wired differently. You need to figure yours out based on the information you got from the first one and then use the book from the ship that tells you the programming sequence. If you get it right, the Hexipal will waves his arms over his head.
Oh thanks I got it now! 🙂
I’m at the end now but Alex disabled the death ray so I can’t use it. How can I enable it?
The final chapter of my walkthrough explains the last puzzle in detail. 🙂
Can you please help me ASAP?
In (pretty much) the end, I’m supposed to use the drumstick and turn on the power, right? But I didn’t know that until I read this, so now it’s stuck to my hexipal! Is it possible to take it away/reset that thing? It would be really depressing if I have to reset the whole game and start over…
The Hexipal uses the drumstick/mallet, so you’re good. 🙂
What did u do ? I have the exact problem !
iΓò¼├┤Γö£├ºΓö£├╗m pretty sure it needs to keep the mallet in order to complete the game
Did you solve it? Im also stuck at it I know its been 5 years but please help ╬ô├½├¡Γò₧├åΓö£ΓöÉΓö¼├¡
I need help it won’t let me do the very last thing Vella just keeps saying “didn’t work that time. Alex did u disable my death ray?”
You made sure to follow the steps in my walkthrough? That last chapter requires each character to do certain things or it won’t work.
I figured it out! I just forgot to turn the power on?
ok I’m sure I’ll prob get stuck wiring the hexipal but right now my problem is that I can’t even attempt to wire according to the triangle patterns! Shay just keeps saying this is all the wire I have this is all that carol gave me. I need to unhook so,e connections first. But when I tap on the connectors it won’t unhook and I have nothing in my inventory to unhook the wires. What do I do?
I’m at the ending, but the ray will only go on for a few seconds.
I need help with the part where u use the hook to play with the wires my thing is boarded up
Do I have to start over
Look through my walkthrough and see if you missed something. I think that’s normal. You just need to figure out which step is next.
Did you figure this out? I have the same problem! I did something in the wrong order and IΓò¼├┤Γö£├ºΓö£├╗m boarded up.
I just wanted to say thank you so much! This walk through saved me so many times and multiple nervous break downs!
This is game made me want to throw up.
i’ve done everything with Shay but now i,m playing as vella and i can’t find the Hexipal (or whatever it’s called) with the burnmarks. please help me
It is in the hallway. In between the control room and the kitchen
Thank you so much for this all. It helped me a lot. I have one final question though. I am stuck on Vella pushing the button. I did everything exactly how you said. I distracted Hope and Alex (Hope was in the room with the weaver and Alex was downstairs). Shay used Gary and after that I switched back to Vella and tried to push the button. She says: ”Huh, didn’t work that time, but it should have. Alex did you disable my death ray?”.
I switched to manual etc. I actually did everything what this and other walkthroughs told me to do. I am a little lost. I hope you can help me!
So, be careful about the manual thing. I think there might be a small bug with that. It’s been a while since I played, but I think the game confuses the two settings at some point. I believe I mentioned it in my walkthrough, but I could be mistaken. That might be the problem, though. If not, I’ll try to think what else it could be (besides a bug).
Hey. Thank you for your reply! I tried different things. But nothing works. Also tried to switch the Manual on and off a few times. Still didn’t work. Tried to change the order of the way of acting, also didn’t work.
Now after I let the Hexigal tickle the harp, I tried the other way (instead of going to the left and bumping into Hope, I tried to go to the control room through the small entrance on the right) and it said there was Debris blocking the way. Is this the problem? If so, how to solve it?
I’m stuck when hope blocks the nav scarf system because marikai is watching it. I walk into the command room and while marikai is watching the system. I can not leave the room and I can’t do anything in the room, I have waited it for a while and nothing has happened. I have watched many videos but none have turned out the way mine has. I relize you may not see this but if there is any way you could help me that would be great.
Welll… i changed the hexipals wire to the safety one and i gave him the hammer, still when i place him by the drum it just starts to dance instead. I really dunno what to do o.o
nvm i did it wrong c:
Thank you 🙂 !
Thank you very much, this was super useful and very well explained 😀 !
Glad to help! 🙂
WonΓò¼├┤Γö£├ºΓö£├╗t let me shoot laser
Cat shoot laser
So I think I used the death ray before I had to so now I can’t use it anymore. Is there any way to fix it?
I am stuck in the completely last step. I have tried it a couple times by my own but something was always wrong, now everything was in place but Alex had been disabled my death ray, so it doesn’t work. What now?
It wonΓò¼├┤Γö£├ºΓö£├╗t let me press the button to fire the death ray for the ending, Alex is downstairs wrestling the hexipal, and Hope is helping with the space weaver. It still says Γò¼├┤Γö£├ºΓö¼├║Did you disable my death ray Alex?Γò¼├┤Γö£├ºΓö¼├æ Or something like that
I need help with the hexapal wyer
i am STUCK on wiring shays hexipal i really need help i already looked at your guide but i still don’t get it. is there anyways i can send you my symbols?