Broken Age ™
By: Double Fine Productions, Inc.
This step-by-step walkthrough guide will take you through the final puzzles alternating between Shay and Vella. It’s assumed that you’ve completed everything else in each of their stories. If you haven’t, try my complete walkthrough guide to get you there.
Shay and Vella (final puzzles):
1. Switch to Shay. Use the clue from the family photo that Vella saw in the central control room to figure out how to rewire the broken Hexipal robot. The symbols for the Hexipal wires are different each game, so I can only guide you through this part. You’ll have to get the final solution on your own. I’ve written a separate guide for this, but I’ll go through it again.
You can also watch my video for the last puzzles of the game and the ending:
2. Make sure you combined the wire with the broken Hexipal. Then tap on the Hexipal to see its back. To rewire it, you tap one of the pegs (connections) in the corners of the hexagon and drag your finger to another peg. The direction does matter. Just so you can see what symbol each peg represents, connect the wires like so.
3. Now, go to the diamond charging station to the left and place the Hexipal in it. Now you can see what each connection gives you. The top row is the blue wire, the second row is the yellow wire, and the bottom row is the red wire. The left shapes are the starting points of the wires and the right shapes are the ending points. Mine looks like this, but yours is likely different. I suggest taking a screenshot or writing it down, or both.
4. So according to my symbols, my wiring should go like so:
5. Place the Hexipal back into the wiring station and he’ll charge up! If you get three blue bars and a smiling Hexipal, it means it worked. Now hand him over to Alex and let him do his magic. He’s the electronics genius you needed!
6. Vella’s family will run in now. There’s a big cutscene where both ships get moving and end up colliding. Tap on the two ships and you’ll be back with Vella. Talk to Mom (Hope) and find out why she can’t move the ship. Both ships are on autopilot and the NavScarf bot refuses to change course even the slightest bit. So it’s up to Vella and Shay to save the day!
7. First, leave the control room and head right a bit. The safety Hexigal bot is broken on the floor. Pick her up.
8. Marek is gone, so go to his work station. Grab the loose wire from his computer. You can now talk to the Thrushmaster if you tap on the big screen. Exhaust all options to learn about his plans. This gives you a big chunk of the story, so I recommend reading through everything.
9. Combine the wire Vella just found with her Hexipal (Hexi-gal). You can try and rewire her through trial and error right now, or make a mistake in the final puzzle so you are given the safety bot program automatically. If you want to do it right now, the burn marks help you out. They show you where the wires go and which direction the go in (the dark burn marks show the starting points of the wires). So all you need to figure out is which color goes where. It’s a lot simpler than Shay’s Hexipal was! You can see what mine looks like below. When you get it right, the Hexigal will start swinging her arms again. Make a note of the configuration you ended up with, because you will need it for Shay’s Hexipal soon.
10. Now take Vella over to the “belly of the beast,” as she dubbed it. You can see Alex’s spaceship through the window. Have Vella press the death ray remote button. Alex will go downstairs to shut the power, leaving the door open so Shay can now go through.
Click on the little numbers below to continue to the next page of the walkthrough.
Note: Sometimes a promo code is provided for a game, but it does not affect the review in any way. At AppUnwrapper, we strive to provide reviews of the utmost quality.
Check out my recommended list for other games you might like.
If you like what you see on AppUnwrapper.com, please consider supporting the site through Patreon. Every little bit helps and is greatly appreciated. You can read more about it here. And as always, if you like what you see, please help others find it by sharing it.
I also offer affordable testing and consulting for iOS developers.
COPYRIGHT NOTICE © AppUnwrapper 2011-2020. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog's author is strictly prohibited. Links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to AppUnwrapper with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.