Broken Age Γò¼├┤Γö£├▒Γö£Γöé
By: Double Fine Productions, Inc.
This step-by-step walkthrough guide will take you through the final puzzles alternating between Shay and Vella. It’s assumed that you’ve completed everything else in each of their stories. If you haven’t, try my complete walkthrough guide to get you there.
See my other Broken Age guides here.
Shay and Vella (final puzzles):
1. Switch to Shay. Use the clue from the family photo that Vella saw in the central control room to figure out how to rewire the broken Hexipal robot. The symbols for the Hexipal wires are different each game, so I can only guide you through this part. You’ll have to get the final solution on your own. I’ve written a separate guide for this, but I’ll go through it again.
You can also watch my video for the last puzzles of the game and the ending:
2. Make sure you combined the wire with the broken Hexipal. Then tap on the Hexipal to see its back. To rewire it, you tap one of the pegs (connections) in the corners of the hexagon and drag your finger to another peg. The direction does matter. Just so you can see what symbol each peg represents, connect the wires like so.
3. Now, go to the diamond charging station to the left and place the Hexipal in it. Now you can see what each connection gives you. The top row is the blue wire, the second row is the yellow wire, and the bottom row is the red wire. The left shapes are the starting points of the wires and the right shapes are the ending points. Mine looks like this, but yours is likely different. I suggest taking a screenshot or writing it down, or both.
4. So according to my symbols, my wiring should go like so:
5. Place the Hexipal back into the wiring station and he’ll charge up! If you get three blue bars and a smiling Hexipal, it means it worked. Now hand him over to Alex and let him do his magic. He’s the electronics genius you needed!
6. Vella’s family will run in now. There’s a big cutscene where both ships get moving and end up colliding. Tap on the two ships and you’ll be back with Vella. Talk to Mom (Hope) and find out why she can’t move the ship. Both ships are on autopilot and the NavScarf bot refuses to change course even the slightest bit. So it’s up to Vella and Shay to save the day!
7. First, leave the control room and head right a bit. The safety Hexigal bot is broken on the floor. Pick her up.
8. Marek is gone, so go to his work station. Grab the loose wire from his computer. You can now talk to the Thrushmaster if you tap on the big screen. Exhaust all options to learn about his plans. This gives you a big chunk of the story, so I recommend reading through everything.
9. Combine the wire Vella just found with her Hexipal (Hexi-gal). You can try and rewire her through trial and error right now, or make a mistake in the final puzzle so you are given the safety bot program automatically. If you want to do it right now, the burn marks help you out. They show you where the wires go and which direction the go in (the dark burn marks show the starting points of the wires). So all you need to figure out is which color goes where. It’s a lot simpler than Shay’s Hexipal was! You can see what mine looks like below. When you get it right, the Hexigal will start swinging her arms again. Make a note of the configuration you ended up with, because you will need it for Shay’s Hexipal soon.
10. Now take Vella over to the “belly of the beast,” as she dubbed it. You can see Alex’s spaceship through the window. Have Vella press the death ray remote button. Alex will go downstairs to shut the power, leaving the door open so Shay can now go through.
Click on the little numbers below to continue to the next page of the walkthrough.
This Post Has 8 Comments
Grabbing Gary button days it’s not in range and needs to find a clear shot because of the outer hull p same thing with the death Ray trigger
I had just started this game not too long ago. You walk through and videos were much needed! Very helpful for the more tricky parts in the game. Thank you!
Glad to help! 🙂
hi i cant rewire the hexigal to harp pattern i forgot what the wiring code was
I have no idea how to rewire hexigal to harp pattern I’m so fed up I’ve been trying for days. Any idea or formula or something!??
Late Reply: The code changes with the game (clever action to force people to think rather than use guides, if you ask me).
Here’s how I figure out the codes: I use only one cable and pick up two conectors, connect them (without connecting other wires) and put the hexabot in the machine to charge him. This gave me only two blue random symbols. I took the robot back, cut the wire, and pick one of the connectors I picked previously and a new one. That way I was able to say wich of the symbols correspond to which connector by repetition of the symbol and elimination of the connector that wasn’t connected anymore. I repeated the same process through all the connectors until I take notice of which symbol corresponds to which connectors. You’ll probably want to use paper and a pen to have some type of… register of where every symbol goes.
I hope I explained myself, It’s difficult to explain this methodology, especially when English is not your first language.
For some reason the death ray won’t fire. Vella says “it didn’t work, but it should have.” How do I fix this??? I have everything done and grabbin gary is grabbin and the adults are both distracted. Vella is in the “belly of the beast” but she says she same thing everytime I try to fire it. I’ve fired it twice already, does that have something to do with it?
Did not help me one bit! I tried putting the dead thing inside the little slot, but it didnΓò¼├┤Γö£├ºΓö£├╗t work!