31. Turn to the right side of the box and slide the gold piece to the right. Put on your eyepiece and solve a puzzle similar to the very first one of the game. You want to end up with a circle. Then, insert the winding key and turn it on.
32. This next part is a bit tricky. You need to get the ballerina to the middle of the box. To do so, use the square button to open new tracks for her. You need to time it right or she’ll just go in circles. Once you get her in the middle, a little slot will open up for the other ballerina. Place her down and do the same thing. When both ballerinas meet in the center, you can take the red gem. You can also watch the video I made below:
33. Find the other puzzle in the room. Place the red gem with the blue gems. They’re each double-sided. Take a look at the smaller patterns below. You need to copy each of those patterns, separately. Once you do, you’ll have to solve a shadow puppet puzzle, kind of like you would see in Shadowmatic.
34. Each button controls one piece. Just rotate them until the shadow looks like a bird. Then take the key with a bird emblem on it.
35. Go back upstairs and use the key on the locked box by the birdcage. Pull the switch/lever down and the cage will drop. The bird will fly off.
36. Go upstairs and find the bird. He’ll fly onto one of the bells and make it ring, shattering another red Crystal.
37. Go back downstairs and zoom in on the painting near the music box. Use the eyepiece to see the glowing pink spot and white lines. Rotate it and move the glowing pink spot towards you, then take the hands of a clock. You can use my video clip below if you need help with it.
38. Go back down to the main floor. Place the clock hands on the clock face and a new side will open up. Insert the winding key and turn it to make the clock hands strike 12, causing a bigger bell to ring and the cage holding the engraved pyramid to unlock. Take the pyramid and complete Chapter 2.
This Post Has 26 Comments
I do not have the ballerina in my inventory to put into the music box. I’m stuck…where do I find it
On the side of the clock when you do the chess game.
I’m playing room 3 and beginning chapter 2. But i can’t turn around. What do i do? Is there something wrong?
You might just need to pinch to zoom out first?
I’m also stuck. Right after I got the pyramid from chapter one, it put me in a small room. W a desk. And nothing to do. Your first scene in chapter two is a place to put a pyramid. Mine isn’t like that. I’m stuck in a room w a desk.
You usually end in the room you started in and have to walk back to the fountain in and place the pyramid on it.
the same thing is happening to me. I get to the small room at the very beginning of chapter two and then I won’t let me go down the hall to get to the pyramid room! Idon’t know why its doing this! Is there anything you need before you leave that room besides the purple crystal and the pyramid?
Like Tan and Sarah I’m stuck in exactly the same spot, just as Sarah describes. Ugh.
I’m stuck where you put a pattern in and a lightbulb comes the hint says there is something more I must do. What?
Simply enter the second pattern that you have not already entered.
Me too. I have entered both patterns but can’t find the shadow things to rotate
Me too…even restarted the whole chapter and everything…stuck and pissed…
Im having the same problem. I can’t find any buttons anywhere or any bird. Just a light and the gem walls. I’ve even put the patterns in again….nothing.
The most stupid game there is. Constantly need to use hints to figure out what to do next. Pece of junk to buy. Frustration ruins any fun you could get.
One of the most stupid comments I’ve read about this game.
If you can’t figure out how to go on is your fault, not the game.
Here’s a little interesting thing about the game.
If you decide to complete the optional puzzles of Grey Holm before activating the portals for the various structures of the island, you may notice some interesting things.
In the library, When you pick up the mechanical key from the fortune teller machine (and everytime you insert a token in the machine, except the last one.) and then you use the eyepiece, you can see some lines used in a ritual, plus a trail of stains that guide you to the room where you have to solve the optional puzzles.
After having made them all and inserted all tokens available in that stage, you will receive a creepy message from Maggy, indicating that by the time you’ve finished all the optional puzzle.
You perhaps already know about this?
Someone told me about this, but after playing through the game 2+ times for my walkthroughs, I don’t see playing it again any time soon!
I see, thanks for the reply !
It won’t let me turn around in the very beginning
I’m stuck with the two skaters. One is at the center, and the other just moves in the direction that I don’t want. Any clue on that?
Hi, I cant seem to get the switches on the tripod to open in chapter 2
Ps I love these games Thank You
I cannot find the key for the music box in the cellar where is it?
I can’t find anywhere to put the bird key in the metal cabinet!
I just can’t get the magnets to get the diamonds in place to match the star chart. Is there some trick here that’s not obvious?
I’m stuck on the part where you have to move the magnets to line up the diamonds in some star patters that I can’t find
I’m stuck! After making the two patterns, the lightbulb turned on. The hint says there is something left to do but i do not have the four buttons to turn to make the bird puzzle appear. there is just blank wood where the buttons should be.