A Short Tale
By: Glitch Games
This is a complete step-by-step walkthrough for the iOS and Android game A Short Tale by Glitch Games. It’s a room escape game by the folks who brought you Forever Lost. It all takes place in the same room, but every inch is packed with puzzles and clues. Some of them are downright devious, so it’s understandable if you might need help. This walkthrough will spoil the puzzles for you, so beware. If you would rather have a small hint, feel free to ask in the comments section.
1. Read through the book. You’ll shrink down to size! Climb up the fire engine and play with the Simon toy. You need to copy the color sequences. If you mess up, you’ll have to start over from the beginning. The sequences go like this:
Red, green, blue, orange, red.
Yellow, green, blue, yellow, red.
Blue, green, blue, orange, red, yellow, yellow.
Once you get all three correct, a clue will appear in the center. Take a photo of it using the in-game camera.
You can also watch my complete walkthrough video here:
2. Pick up the ruler near the magic 8 ball. Then talk to the 8 ball. He’ll first growl, but then he says “I can’t help you… I’d rather watch paint dry.”
3. Climb up to the desk drawer and use the clue you got from the Simon game to unlock the desk. Pick up the rhombus piece and the dental floss.
4. Climb on top of the desk. Go right and take a photo of the Allen vs. Senator (AVS) poster.
5. Continue on and use the ruler as a bridge to cross over to the pot of soil. Pick up some dirt, the circle shape and the USB fan. Also, look through the telescope at the poster of the moon phases.
6. Tap on each moon phase to zoom in and see a symbol on it. There’s a cricket bat, apple, kite, or tennis ball on each one. Take photos of each and make note of which ones are which. I doctored the photo below so you can see them all on one screen. There’s also a fly on the window here, but we can’t catch it yet.
7. Go back down and turn right. Ask the alien to help you and he’ll tell you he will once his three children return to him. Solve the jigsaw puzzle piece puzzle to open the chest. Take the square piece and a photo of the Roman numerals clue.
8. Go right to find the books with Roman numerals on them. Organize them according the the note you found. Then take a photo of the order.
9. Look in the waste basket to find two packets of vinegar.
10. Climb up above the books and solve the swapping tiles puzzle to see a clue for the piano/keyboard. Take a photo of it.
11. Go back down and to the fire truck. Right behind is is a puzzle with wooden pieces. Use the clue from the books to put the right number of wooden pieces in each stack. It goes 1, 4, 2, 3, 6, 5. Take the viewer discs.
12. Turn right until you face the TV. Pick up the house piece next to the game console. Also, press the Power button to turn it on.
13. Go to the keyboard and turn it on to the first mode. Use the clue from the swapping tiles puzzle to play it in the right sequence.
14. Look behind the keyboard at a schedule for the Forever Lost marathon. Take a photo.
15. Climb up into the closet. Take the pump.
Click on the little numbers below to continue to the next page or click here.
Note: Sometimes a promo code is provided for a game, but it does not affect the review in any way. At AppUnwrapper, we strive to provide reviews of the utmost quality.
Check out my recommended list for other games you might like.
If you like what you see on AppUnwrapper.com, please consider supporting the site through Patreon. Every little bit helps and is greatly appreciated. You can read more about it here. And as always, if you like what you see, please help others find it by sharing it.
I also offer affordable testing and consulting for iOS developers.
COPYRIGHT NOTICE © AppUnwrapper 2011-2020. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog's author is strictly prohibited. Links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to AppUnwrapper with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.