Tormentum – Dark Sorrow
By: OhNoo Studio
This is a complete step-by-step walkthrough with hints, help, answers and solutions for the iOS, Android and PC game Tormentum – Dark Sorrow by OhNoo Studio. Feel free to ask for extra help in the comments section.
There is a good ending and a bad ending to the game. The ending you get will be based on the decisions you make at certain points in the game. I did my best to leave those decisions out of this walkthrough so you can get puzzle help while still making your own choices. If you’d still like to know which choices to make to get the good ending, you can check this guide I made.
Chapter 1, The Castle:
1. Remember to swipe left and right so as not to miss anything off to the side of the screen. First, pick up the skeleton arm. Then, take the rusty plate from the crow’s mouth by the window. Next, look at the clue on the wall to add it to your journal and tap the left skeleton’s head to knock it to the floor. The crystal eye will roll under the grate.
2. Use the skeleton arm to reach the crystal eye. Then, use the rusty plate to access the mechanism on the gate. Place the gears in the right places to unlock the door.
3. Swipe right and pick up the piece of mirror that’s hanging there. Then, tap the arrow to head to the next screen.
4. Pick up the piece of mirror and head right.
5. Pick up the last two pieces of mirror and rip off the wooden planks to get the stone heart.
6. Use the clue from your notebook to see which cages you need to lower. You need to use some trial-and-error here because if you get the order wrong, you’ll mess it up. You can follow the order shown in the photo below. Then, take the crystal eye that floated up to the top of the well.
7. Go back left to the angel statue. Place both crystal eyes in the skulls at the top. Place the stone heart in its chest. Then, light the piece of wood by the candles using the one lit candle and then use it to light all the other candles. Place all four mirror pieces in the left mirror. Last, move the wings and mirrors so the laser forms a star or pentagram.
8. The statue moves, revealing a locked door. Place the rusty plate with the rest and then swap them around so the bottom teeth match the top. Then go through.
9. First, remove the skull from the left skeleton and place it on the right one. Then, look at the four symbols on the wall. One of them can only be seen if you swipe the screen to the side. Once you have all four, enter them on the device on the floor. We’re still missing the lever.
10. Head right two screens over and pick up the rusty lever.
11. Go back and place the level on the device to activate it. The skeleton will come to life for a short while and give you a stone key. Take it.
12. Go right and use the stone key to in the lock on the floating table. Solve the puzzle that’s revealed, then take the broken medallion. The two beings will separate, revealing a door. Go through.
13. Talk to the jester. He’ll give you a bladed key and ask you to kill the witch in the cage.
14. Go left twice. Talk to the guard here. He’ll give you a shovel and a drawing for your journal with an X where you need to dig.
15. Go back to the area shown in the drawing and dig in that spot. Take the lump of gold.
Click on the little numbers below to continue to the next page or click here.
This Post Has 22 Comments
Thank you! Just got the game! Perfect timing!
🙂 Enjoy! It’s a really gorgeous one. I finished it earlier today.
Is it worth the money? Is it a long game? I played the free version and I liked it, but it’s kinda expensive. Thanks 🙂
I don’t know how long it took me to play — sorry! I played it over the course of a few days. It takes you through three different locations, though. Personally, I really enjoyed it. Mostly for the artwork and atmosphere. The puzzles are never too frustrating, pretty straightforward. There’s also a good and bad ending. I got the bad one, so playing again to get the good one. 😉
Thanks for the quick response! Yeah, it looks like a game just up my alley, so def gonna buy it 🙂
Hi. If I gaved the old woman the one every time but after three times she didn’t live the amerald. What can I do?
You gave her all three coins already?
I used brushes to clear 30 paintings but the guy just tells me to come back when I am done. I am done, what did I miss? I did quit with about 11 brushes left and then came back a few days later… would that do it?
You must clean the three stages where the claws are
I cannot get the kitchen door to open. The puzzle pieces are right
WhereΓò¼├┤Γö£├ºΓö£├╗s the rest of the walkthrough? Mine ends when you reach Frozen Tears and IΓò¼├┤Γö£├ºΓö£├╗m very stuck
ThereΓò¼├┤Γö£├ºΓö£├╗s six pages to the walkthrough. Scroll down for the page numbers.
For some reason the game wonΓò¼├┤Γö£├ºΓö£├╗t let me pick up the key that the guard dropped in the dungeon. Plz help.
I canΓò¼├┤Γö£├ºΓö£├╗t get the colours on the wheel
I canΓò¼├┤Γö£├ºΓö£├╗t do the color wheel
If this helps you can also rotate the inside circle, took me a second to realize that
I just got the egg & then lost it. How can I redo that scene?
Was NOT expecting that ending
I’ve talked to the guard who wants me to kill the grey icarus, went back to where the blacksmith is, but have no clue how to get on the roof to get to the grey icarud
CanΓò¼├┤Γö£├ºΓö£├╗t place my two tiles because the sand level is too high. IΓò¼├┤Γö£├ºΓö£├╗m stuck. Any help would be great.