Chapter 3, Frozen Tears:
1. Leave the train. You won’t be able to do much until tomorrow. So go all the way to the right and talk the the man in the hat. He’ll invite you in to stay the night. So go inside. Make sure to look at the clue on the wall. Then talk to him to rest. In the morning, you’ll learn that the village was attacked and there’s a deadly fog in the air. But you can now explore more of the village.
2. Go left until you see the fog. A creature will talk to you and drop a gate key. Pick it up.
3. Go right until you reach the gate. Use the gate key to unlock it. You’ll have to solve a sliding blocks puzzle and then you can go through.
You can watch this video for the sliding blocks puzzle if you need help:
4. Grab the blue flowers and go through the door here.
5. Go left and talk to the man looking through the hole in the wall. He’ll give you more blue flowers and ask you to collect the rest for him.
6. Go back out and up the mountain. Collect the the other two blue flowers and go back inside. There’s a machine that grinds the flowers down. Drop them all in. The jester will appear on the transcendence table.
7. Now you have to make another choice, whether to show mercy and free the jester, or leave him chained to the table. See this guide to find out the correct choice. After you make your decision, head left and talk to the robed guy. He’ll give you a bag of powder that will disperse the fog.
8. Go back to the fog and use the magic powder to disperse it. Head towards the cathedral in the distance.
9. Use the clue from your notebook to solve the two stone sun face puzzles. Then go inside.
10. Ignore the paintings for now, unless you want to look at them. Go through the door. Then go through the left door to meet the blind man and his strange-looking cat. Talk to the blind man. He’ll ask you to restore thirty of his paintings and in exchange he’ll give you a blueprint for the sword you need. Take the brushes.
11. The cat will show you the paintings, but he’ll also tell you that if you cut open three of the paintings that he marked with his claws, you can get the blueprints with less work involved. He leaves some knives on the floor. You can pick them up. You now have to decide whether to use the brushes to restore thirty paintings or to cut the ones with claw marks by them. See this guide to find out the correct choice. You’ll get the blueprints either way.
12. Head all the way left and towards the burning building. Talk to the creature sitting on the piano. He tells you the Grey Icarus caused all this and asks you to find him for them so they can kill him. Head all the way right. To the blacksmith’s house. Climb up the roof to find the Grey Icarus. He’s dying and blames you and begs you to show him mercy and let him die in peace. You then have to make a choice whether to tell the creature where the Icarus is hiding, or to stay silent. See this guide to find out the correct choice.
13. Now you have to play the piano as shown in the song sheet nearby.
14. Take the stone disc from the big spike and then go back a screen. There’s a puzzle on the door of the small gazebo. Place the stone disc with the others and then solve the puzzle to get the star metal.
You can also watch my video for the puzzle here:
15. Go back to the blacksmith. Give him the star metal and the blueprints for the sword. Take the star sword from him.
16. Go back the the hands statue and thrust the sword into the statue. Then go through the portal that opens. Here, head right. Now you have to make the ultimate decision. You need to choose between the Key of Light or Key of Darkness. See this guide to find out the correct choice.
16. Go all the way left. Talk to the hooded man and then go through to be judged. Take the elevator down and then place the key in the hanging bowl. Watch the ending.
Congratulations! You completed the game!
This Post Has 22 Comments
Thank you! Just got the game! Perfect timing!
🙂 Enjoy! It’s a really gorgeous one. I finished it earlier today.
Is it worth the money? Is it a long game? I played the free version and I liked it, but it’s kinda expensive. Thanks 🙂
I don’t know how long it took me to play — sorry! I played it over the course of a few days. It takes you through three different locations, though. Personally, I really enjoyed it. Mostly for the artwork and atmosphere. The puzzles are never too frustrating, pretty straightforward. There’s also a good and bad ending. I got the bad one, so playing again to get the good one. 😉
Thanks for the quick response! Yeah, it looks like a game just up my alley, so def gonna buy it 🙂
Hi. If I gaved the old woman the one every time but after three times she didn’t live the amerald. What can I do?
You gave her all three coins already?
I used brushes to clear 30 paintings but the guy just tells me to come back when I am done. I am done, what did I miss? I did quit with about 11 brushes left and then came back a few days later… would that do it?
You must clean the three stages where the claws are
I cannot get the kitchen door to open. The puzzle pieces are right
WhereΓò¼├┤Γö£├ºΓö£├╗s the rest of the walkthrough? Mine ends when you reach Frozen Tears and IΓò¼├┤Γö£├ºΓö£├╗m very stuck
ThereΓò¼├┤Γö£├ºΓö£├╗s six pages to the walkthrough. Scroll down for the page numbers.
For some reason the game wonΓò¼├┤Γö£├ºΓö£├╗t let me pick up the key that the guard dropped in the dungeon. Plz help.
I canΓò¼├┤Γö£├ºΓö£├╗t get the colours on the wheel
I canΓò¼├┤Γö£├ºΓö£├╗t do the color wheel
If this helps you can also rotate the inside circle, took me a second to realize that
I just got the egg & then lost it. How can I redo that scene?
Was NOT expecting that ending
I’ve talked to the guard who wants me to kill the grey icarus, went back to where the blacksmith is, but have no clue how to get on the roof to get to the grey icarud
CanΓò¼├┤Γö£├ºΓö£├╗t place my two tiles because the sand level is too high. IΓò¼├┤Γö£├ºΓö£├╗m stuck. Any help would be great.