Cube Escape: The Cave
By: LoyaltyGame B.V. (Rusty Lake)
This is a complete step-by-step walkthrough guide with hints, tips, solutions and answers for the ninth Cube Escape game and eleventh Rusty Lake game, Cube Escape: The Cave. Feel free to ask for extra help in the comments section.
Level 1, The Cave:
You can also watch my video for this part of the walkthrough here:
1. Keep tapping through the cave until you’re in a room. Zoom in on the chest of drawers. Take the petri dish and then open the top two drawers to get a knife and some matches.
2. Turn right. Use the matches to light the torch and reveal a bat.
3. If you tap the guy’s helmet, he asks for help. Zoom in on the area above his head and look at the clue on the wall. You need to drag the box side to side, allowing the dripping stalactites to form a tower on top of it that matches the colors of the clue. If you mess up, the right stalactite acts as an eraser. It will turn into a crow, but we still need a pickaxe to break it.
4. Head right and pick up the pile of firewood.
5. Go right. If you look at the picture frame, an old man will say “I NEED MY DRINK.” You can add the Petri dish to the microscope if you want, or do it later. Take the pot off the shelf to the right and slide the three arrows to the right to open the chest.
6. You now have to solve some spider web puzzles. You need to free the insects so the spider can’t get to them. The first one is pretty simple. Tap the web that’s between the spider and the fly. Keep doing that until there’s no way for the spider to get to the fly. The second puzzle has two flies and is a bit more complicated. You can follow the numbers I show in the photos below for the rest of the puzzles. In the second one, depending on where the spider walks, you may have to reverse steps 2 & 3. When you’re done, remove the spider webs and take the book.
7. If you want, you can place the wood in the room with the bat, light it with the matches, and place the pot over it. We’ll come back to that later.
8. All the insects you released are now around the room. Find them each and tap on them. Pay attention to their color and the pattern they crawl in. There’s a blue one by the bat, which makes an hourglass shape if you tap on it. There’s yellow one by the dog that walks in a square. Theres a white one by the shelf that walks in a triangle. And last, here’s a red one by the picture frame that walks in a circle. Use them to open the chest with the different colored dots on it. Get the pickaxe (ice axe).
9. Use the pickaxe on the crow to get a bottle with water.
10. Go back to the dog. A shadow or ghost passes by at some point and some drawings appear on the wall. They’re a bit faint, though. For now, focus on the book. Place it on the stand and open it. Arrange all the cards to match the family tree from Rusty Lake: Roots. Tap on Laura’s card and take the William Vanderboom card. Place it on his portrait on the left page. A red line will start drawing. This is a clue!
11. Go to the screen where you got the firewood. Tap on the center piece and draw what you saw in the book. The lower right light will turn on!
12. Go back to the dog. One of the drawings on the wall is highlighted. Tap on it. It’s a puzzle. You need to drag the shapes from the shelves to complete the one on the pedestal. The first is a sphere. You can follow the numbers in my image below if you’re stuck. You’ll then be left with a small bottle. Drag it to William (on the right) and keep tapping on him to have him drink it (it’s the elixir of death) and change. Then give the second bottle (elixir of life) to his brother Aldous, who will turn into Mr. Crow. Take the moth.
13. Go back to the bat and feed the moth to it. The bat will fly off and you can grab another card.
14. Go back to the book. Tap the arrows on the corners of the book stand to turn the page to Chapter 2. Place the card over the picture of Dale Vandermeer to get another red line drawing.
15. Go back to the big graph and draw the new shape to light up the upper left light.
Click on the little numbers below to continue to the next page of the walkthrough or click here.
Note: Sometimes a promo code is provided for a game, but it does not affect the review in any way. At AppUnwrapper, we strive to provide reviews of the utmost quality.
Check out my recommended list for other games you might like.
If you like what you see on AppUnwrapper.com, please consider supporting the site through Patreon. Every little bit helps and is greatly appreciated. You can read more about it here. And as always, if you like what you see, please help others find it by sharing it.
I also offer affordable testing and consulting for iOS developers.
COPYRIGHT NOTICE © AppUnwrapper 2011-2018. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog's author is strictly prohibited. Links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to AppUnwrapper with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.