Rusty Lake Paradise
By: Rusty Lake
This is a complete step-by-step walkthrough guide with hints, tips, tricks, solutions and answers for the Ninth Plague of the iOS, Android and PC game, Rusty Lake Paradise. Feel free to ask for extra help in the comments section.
I’m keeping the extra achievements out of this guide so I don’t spoil them for those who want to find them on their own. See my achievements guide if you want help finding them.
Level 9, The Ninth Plague, Darkness:
You can watch my video for this plague here or continue on for my step-by-step guide.
1. Head through the Paradise gate. Take the left path and tap on the woodpecker. Have it peck on the branches in the order 1 segment, 2 segments, 3 segments, and 4 segments. Take the piece of bark that breaks off.
2. Continue on to a bonfire surrounded by your family. Tap on each of them to see what caricature they perform for you. Also, notice the dots on each of them, representing the numbers 1 – 5. This is what you get:
1: Uncle: Archer
2: Brother: Fish
3: Sister: Scale
4: Grandma: Lion
5: Father: Bull
We’ll use this information in a little bit.
3. Head up the stairs. Solve the series of moon phase puzzles. You need to use the three levers to copy the color, phase and direction of the moon at the top. At the end of them, you should have a full blood red moon and the moon in the window should be red, too.
4. Tap on the blood red moon in the window and then on the slit in it. It will bleed. Tap the drop of blood and t will fall. We’ll have to go find it soon.
5. Go back and take the right path. Pick up the red moon stone that drops in front of you.
6. Head to the hut. Take the pickaxe and make note of the drawings on the wall. We’re going to need those. They’re zodiac signs. Also, look the framed painting.
7. Leave and head to the temple. Pick up the shell by the owl.
8. Head inside. Use the pickaxe to get a blue rock and look inside the well/fountain to get some moss.
9. Go back to the hut. Use the grinder to grind the bark, red moon stone, shell, blue rock and moss into powders. Also, make note of the numbers on each of the colors on the grinder.
10. Go back to the room above your family. Time to solve a bunch of puzzles! Let’s work on the first one. Put the actions of each family member together with the zodiac signs from the wall. Then move each numbered hand to the appropriate symbol and take the bronze key. These are the signs for each family member:
1: Uncle: Sagittarius
2: Brother: Pisces
3: Sister: Libra
4: Grandma: Leo
5: Father: Taurus
11. Ok, now for the colored powders. Go downstairs and throw each of the powders into the fire and note down the image you see. I’ll also include the zodiac symbols for you.
1: Green: Bull: Taurus
2: Blue: Twins: Gemini
3: Red: Scorpion: Scorpio
4: Brown: Ram: Aries
5: White: Scales: Libra
12. Use that knowledge to arrange the hands on the zodiac wheel upstairs. Take the silver key.
13. Use both keys to unlock the pulley and pull down the ladder. Go up to the attic.
14. The next puzzle is a bit trickier. Look through the telescope and use the three sliders to match up the stars with the constellations.
15. Now, use the sliders to see each constellation with a number of dots near it. Note down what you get.
16. Now go down to the zodiac wheel and find those constellations on it. Move the hands to match them. Take the golden key.
17. Now, for the last puzzle. Go back to your family and watch their new moves.
1: Uncle: Elephant
2: Brother: Bird/Eagle
3: Sister: Owl
4: Grandma: Duck
5: Father: Deer
18. Now go back to the attic and look at the hanging ornaments. The candle casts their shadows on the wall. You need to move the candle around to a zodiac sign that makes a shadow match up with the outline on the wall. When you match one, note down the zodiac sign. For the brother, it’s supposed to be a bird but looks like an angel to me.
1: Uncle: Elephant: Libra
2: Brother: Bird/Eagle: Pisces
3: Sister: Owl: Cancer
4: Grandma: Duck: Sagittarius
5: Father: Deer: Capricorn
19. Go back down to the zodiac wheel and put the hands on the correct signs. Take the copper key.
20. Go back up to the attic and use the two keys to unlock the door. Go through and upstairs.
21. For this next puzzle, look through the window first. You need to guide the owl from the back to the front. Each row of waves has a break in it that he can squeeze through. Tap the left fire to move him left, the right fire to move him right, and the middle fire to move him forward through a crack. It goes:
Right, Right, Middle, Right, Right, Right, Middle, Left, Left, Middle, Left, Left, Left, Left, Middle, Right, Right, Right, Middle.
22. Go back to the temple. There’s a huge wooden owl floating in the water and the small owl is gone. Open the box and take your mother’s bones and the crow egg.
23. Go back to the hut and grind up your mother’s bones into magical powder.
24. Go back to your family and sprinkle the magical powder on the bonfire to get the black cube.
25. Place the black cube in the box on the chain and complete the level.
Note: Sometimes a promo code is provided for a game, but it does not affect the review in any way. At AppUnwrapper, we strive to provide reviews of the utmost quality.
Check out my recommended list for other games you might like.
If you like what you see on AppUnwrapper.com, please consider supporting the site through Patreon. Every little bit helps and is greatly appreciated. You can read more about it here. And as always, if you like what you see, please help others find it by sharing it.
I also offer affordable testing and consulting for iOS developers.
COPYRIGHT NOTICE © AppUnwrapper 2011-2018. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog's author is strictly prohibited. Links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to AppUnwrapper with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.