The Room: Old Sins
By: Fireproof Games
This is a complete step-by-step walkthrough guide with hints, tips, tricks, answers and solutions for the iOS puzzle adventure game, The Room: Old Sins, by Fireproof Games. Feel free to ask for extra help in the comments section.
Note: I’ll be adding more screenshots later. If you’re having trouble understanding what to do from my descriptions, please watch the videos until I have a chance to get more screenshots added.
Tutorial + Room 1, The Foyer:
You can watch my video for this section or continue on for my step-by-step guide.
1. You’re in the Waldegrave Manor attic. Follow the tutorial. Examine the floodlight and flip the switch to try and turn it on. It’s broken, so go to your suitcase. Open the latches and the lid and take the screwdriver. Look through the EOS journal.
2. Use the screwdriver to open the back of the floodlight. Now for your first puzzle! You need to use both hands here. First, pull the top piece to the left. Then, use your other hand to pull the bottom piece up. Then, pull the top piece right to hold the bottom piece in place. The light will turn on!
3. Zoom in on the gate of the dollhouse. Turn the center coin counter-clockwise to unlock it. The open both gate doors to open the doors of the dollhouse.
4. Go back to your suitcase. Examine the side of it. Pull the handle down to reveal a hidden compartment. Take the eyepiece. Look at the eyepiece in your inventory and find the little gold piece. Pull it to open the eyepiece and make it functional.
5. Test out the eyepiece on the suitcase to see the words BREAK THE SEAL, FIND THE NULL. Then go back to the dollhouse and use the eyepiece to see inside. Move the chair, framed painting and chandelier to straighten everything out and go through.
6. Put on the eyepiece again and double-tap on the deal to enter the Foyer.
7. Open book on the table and read Abigail’s writing. Then spin the piece on the bottom of the puzzle box to get a brass mechanical coin. Open it up in your inventory and spread the pieces apart to make a new shape.
8. Place the coin in the slot on the box and then use the eyepiece on the circular part that opens up. Use the two wheels to make a pattern that matches the outline shown. Take the shield (family crest).
9. Pinch to zoom out and exit the room. There’s a slot at the top of the dollhouse that matches the shape of the family crest. Place it on there. Some symbols will appear. Press and hold on the middle one until they all glow.
10. Two pedestals rise up from the ground of the dollhouse. The left is empty, but the right one has a deer sculpture on it. Rotate the deer so the two arrows match up. Take another mechanical coin.
11. Go back inside to the Foyer. Open the mechanical coin like you did the first. Place it in the other slot on the puzzle box and solve another puzzle. Take the ornate metal panel.
12. Now, the top of the box will open up and you have a series of puzzles to solve. You need to use two fingers to press down the same-colored buttons at the same time. You can rotate the whole circle to move the glass covering the buttons. And use the switches to lock certain glass pieces in place. Take the artifact to complete the Foyer.
Click here to continue to the next page of the walkthrough, the Study.