The Room: Old Sins
By: Fireproof Games
This is a complete step-by-step walkthrough guide with hints, tips, tricks, answers and solutions for the iOS puzzle adventure game, The Room: Old Sins, by Fireproof Games. Feel free to ask for extra help in the comments section.
Note: I’ll be adding more screenshots later. If you’re having trouble understanding what to do from my descriptions, please watch the videos until I have a chance to get more screenshots added.
Room 6, The Garden:
You can watch my video for this section or continue on for my step-by-step guide.
1. Open the artifact and take the parchment fan.
2. Go back to the Japanese Gallery. Go to the pagoda and place the parchment fan down near some symbols. Move the blades to match the symbols, then pick it up again.
3. Go back to the shelves and pull out the handle. The fan can be placed down here, too. So put it in the slot and then go to the other side and move the beads into the holes on the fan. A new panel will open.
4. Now you can access another wooden gear. Turn it and take the blunt knife.
5. Go to the top sliding door on the shelves. Move it to the left to see a clam. Use the knife to open the clam and place the pearl in its mouth. Take the circular metal casting.
6. Go to the pagoda. Place the unfinished wooden sculpture on the top. Move the little disc to the symbol on the left and place the circular metal casting on the front of the sculpture. Move the disc back to the top to release the sculpture and pick it up.
7. Place it down on the shelves in the slot that matches its bottom. Now, move the boxes around so that the little gold triangles on their edges meet up to make a path to one of the cubes. Then use the eyepiece to go inside. Find the gong and wind up the hammer to bang it. Do the same thing for all three cubes and gongs. Take the carved stone eye from the drawer.
8. Take the wooden sculpture back. Place the other eye on the octopus. Zoom in on the new part of the pagoda that’s accessible now. Move the two sliders apart and take the model spire.
9. Leave the Gallery and find the rooftop where the spire can fit. Place it on there to gain access to the Art Studio.
10. Enter the Art Studio. Read the book. Open the drawer below the wardrobe and take the green intricately decorated egg sculpture.
11.Take a look at the sketch of the shelves in the Japanese Gallery. It shows you where to place the egg.
12. Go back to the Japanese Gallery and place the egg on the lower shelf. Take the blue egg sculpture.
13. Notice the scroll that shows you where to place the blue egg in the garden.
14. Go back to the Garden. Find the right bench and place the blue egg all the way on the right. Take the red egg sculpture.
15. While you’re here, notice the engraving on the bench that tells you where to place the red egg.
16. Go back to the Art Studio. Place the red egg on the stand to the right of the sketch and it will open up. Take the small stone carving.
17. Go back to the Garden. Find a sculpture of a woman’s face near the running water. Place the stone carving on her forehead. Take the artist’s mannequin and turn the valve handle to the right.
18. Water will start pumping into the fountain. Solve the first fountain puzzle. Move the handle and the gear along the tracks to the other gears. Then look at the symbol. Use the eyepiece and then move the gem and turn the handle so that the pattern you make matches the symbol you saw.
19. Continue on and do the same for the next one.
20. And the last one. This has two gems and two symbols!
21. The water will run into a small pool. Use the eyepiece on it and then make the blue and purples halves of the symbol match the symbol on the wall. Take the artifact and complete the Garden!
Click here to continue to the next page of the walkthrough, the Japanese Gallery.