Adventure Escape: Haunted Hunt
By: Haiku Games
Haiku Games is back with yet another free Adventure Escape game, this time called Haunted Hunt. You play as a shapeshifter named Moira who can turn into all different animals. Here I’ll be helping you get through Chapter 5 of the game with a step-by-step walkthrough guide including all puzzle answers and solutions. Feel free to ask for extra help in the comments section.
See my other Adventure Escape guides.
Chapter 1 | Chapter 2 | Chapter 3 | Chapter 4 | Chapter 5 | Chapter 6 | Chapter 7 | Chapter 8
You can watch my video walkthrough here and continue below for my step-by-step guide.
1. Look at the note on the table. It’s a clue we’ll use in a bit.
2. Change into a cat and pick up the two gears. Also, use the clue from the note to figure out which shapes to select to open the strange lock. You can copy my photo below if you have trouble with it.
3. Change back into a human. Grab the matches and the key. Then go through the door to the right.
4. You’re in what appears to be a kitchen. Look at Baxter’s to-do list on the table. Open Baxter’s drawer to get the kerosene fuel. If you change into a cat, you can see some blood stains around the room.
5. Turn back into a human and go back to the first room. Use the kerosene fuel with the lamp and then use the matches to light it. You should see one green glowing dot inside it.
6. Go back to the kitchen and pour fuel into the lamp. Light it to see two glowing green dots.
7. Leave the kitchen and enter the room towards the back. It looks like a sitting room. Pick up the watering can. Again, pour kerosene in the lamp and light it to see three glowing green dots. Take the key that appears. Change into a cat and open the dresser door to get another gear.
8. Change back into a human. Go back to the kitchen and fill the watering can with water from the sink. Go back to the sitting room and use it to water the plants. Take the contract and key and then look at the contract. It says Baxter will never reveal Otto’s secrets.
9. Go back to the kitchen and change into a cat. Look at the locked chest. Change all the fingerprints to match the one on the contract. Then take the gear from inside.
10. Change back to a human. Go back to the first room. Open up the clock and place all the gears down. You need to arrange them so the colors all match up. You need to change into a cat to see the colors of the glowing gears. If you get stuck, you can copy the photo below. Then take the key.
11. Go back to the sitting room. Time to open the locked box. Place all four keys down on it. Now to figure out the order. The to-do list tells you it goes cigar closet, then lamp, flowers, and clock.
12. Now you have to organize the panels to tell the story that describes Baxter’s experience. Take the key from inside.
13. Go back to the kitchen and use the key to open the back door and complete the chapter.
Congratulations! You completed Chapter 5! Click here for the Chapter 6 walkthrough.
This Post Has 24 Comments
The gears in the clock……none glow and there arent enough.
I matched all the gears correctly but wont give me the key to move forward! I even copied your screen shots still nothing!! I have tried to close out of the game completely and still will not work!!!
How do I restart the level? Im so stuck im getting stressed out over this silly game ! I thought about trying to reinstall ??!# HELP PLEASE
For the clock gears, you have to remember that there are colors on the gears both when you╬ô├ç├ûre in human form and in cat form, so you need to make sure that ALL the gears╬ô├ç├û colors match up. You have to switch back-and-forth, not so much to place the gears, but to at least check that all your colors are matching up. That was what the holdup was in my case.
I keep getting the same thing
For the gears problem, first set the gears as human vision. Next set the gears as a Cat.
(sorry for my bad English).
The two small green ones need to switch a places
I can’t find all the keys
I’m also stuck on the gears – anybody got a solution?
I am touching the symbol but it is not changing
for the gears its easy i did it myself… maybe it changes evertime… switch again and again to get the correct position
Flip from cat to people mode. The two glowing green ones look different in person mode
BaxterΓò¼├┤Γö£├ºΓö£├╗s box I only have three keys
CanΓò¼├┤Γö£├ºΓö£├╗t find the 4th one
Driving me nuts
Heya, you need the lamps in the right order, the key appears in the sitting room!
Light the lamps in order
What the? When I light the lamp above the secret door in the wall it wonΓò¼├┤Γö£├ºΓö£├╗t open! I tried restarting the level but It wonΓò¼├┤Γö£├ºΓö£├╗t open! Please someone respond and help me! :Γò¼├┤Γö£├ºΓö£├╗(
Light them in order
yeah its right about the clock.. be human , do a gear, be a cat, do a gear.. just do it one by one switching between.. was stuck for ages and that worked
For the clock years you have to remember that there are colors on the gears both when you’re in human form and in cat form so you need to make sure that all the gears colors match up. You have to switch back-and-forth, not so much to place the gears, but to at least check that your colors are matching up.
For the clock gears, you have to remember that there are colors on the gears both when you’re in human form and in cat form, so you need to make sure that ALL the gears’ colors match up. You have to switch back-and-forth, not so much to place the gears, but to at least check that all your colors are matching up. That was what the holdup was in my case.
level 5. Somehow between collecting the key to leave and end the level and going to the next room to leave, the key disappeared! Now what?!k