Adventure Escape: Dark Ruins
By: Haiku Games
Haiku Games is back with another Adventure Escape game, which picks up after the events in Hidden Ruins. Professor Burns and Rachel are back, and are likely going to get themselves into trouble. There are some tricky puzzles, so this walkthrough guide will help out with hints, tips, solutions and answers. Feel free to ask for extra help in the comments section.
Chapter 2, The Shrine:
You can watch my video for Chapter 2 or continue below for my step-by-step guide.
1. Oh no! The plane crashed! Pick up the machete and use it to cut away all the vines.
2. Pick up the 3 remaining vines, 8 bottles, 4 map pieces, and 2 flowers.
3. Tie the three vines to the big branch above you and climb down.
4. A woman named Xochi appears! She’s the local archaeologist and your tour guide. Pick up three more flowers here.
5. Untangle all the cargo. You need move the discs so none of the straps overlap. Turn all the red straps brown. It’s not easy!
6. Open the cargo and get the chainsaw, 8 cigars, and three machine parts. We need a tool to open the two wooden crates.
7. Try to cross the bridge in the distance and a tree will fall. Use the chainsaw to cut through it. Pick up the firewood and head through.
8. Pick up 3 more flowers and add the three machine tools to the excavator to fix it.
9. Now tap on the excavator and solve the gears puzzle. You need to connect pairs of colored gears. All gears must be used. Solve both puzzles and the bulldozer will clear out the rocks.
10. Go to the workstation and add the map pieces to the rest of the pieces on the table. Then put the map back together.
11. Look at the shrine door. There’s four symbols and each one has some notches in it. Count the notches and you get 2361. Look at the map and find the symbols for each of those numbers and then change the symbols on the door to match them. It goes mountains, skull, spiral, fish. Go through.
12. Tap on the symbols on the upper right part of the wall to learn that gods like flowers, drinking, smoking, and a warm fire. It now also says that on the map.
13. Add the firewood to the bowl of charcoal and Xochi will light it up.
14. The other bowl has an engraving of a palm tree and a flower on it. Look at the map to see that the palm tree is number 5. So add 5 flowers to the bowl.
15. Figuring out which masks to give drinks to and which ones to give cigars to is a bit trickier. Look closely and notice liquid running down from three of them. The other four have soot on their mouths! Those like to smoke, so give them the cigars. Take the snake tool/crowbar.
16. Go back to the crates and use the crowbar to open them. Take the 5 prayer discs from inside.
17. Go back to the shrine and add all the prayer discs to the rest. Rotate the discs so the adjacent colors match. Then go through the secret door to complete the chapter.
Click on the chapter you need below or click here to continue to Chapter 3.