Cube Escape: Paradox
By: Rusty Lake
Cube Escape: Paradox is the latest addition to the Rusty Lake franchise of quirky room escape games. It’s the tenth Cube Escape game and thirteenth Rusty Lake game. It can be tricky, so this walkthrough guide should help you if you get stuck. Feel free to ask for extra help in the comments section.
You can watch my video for Chapter 2 or continue on for my step-by-step guide.
91. The painting tilts. Remove it and take the funeral card. Also, open the window to see some diagrams. And tap on the window to get a corrupted statue.
92. Place the funeral card in the psychological evaluation. You now have everything in there.
93. The funeral card says TV on it and the numbers 2 0 and 7 are underlined. So change the channel on the TV to 207. Laura appears and get la closer and closer until all you can see is her eye.
94. Zoom out. The eye stays on the screen. If you tap it, it looks left or right. Move in the direction it points. If it’s left, you’ll see Laura. Tap her and she’ll tilt her head either left or right. I never got to see what happens if she tilts left. But when she tilts right, go back to the TV and tap it again. If it looks to the right, head to the mirror. Again, I’ve only had the mirror eye look left, so I’m not sure if the fourth side of the room is part of this puzzle at all. At one point, Laura will probably be upside-down. It’s not a trick — just go in the direction she tilts her head. Once you’re done, she’ll disappear and you can grab the woman statue.
95. The window drawings obviously have to do with the clock. There’s a hint in the mental heath guide. It says THE PAST IS NEVER DEAD. You need to find numbers relating to the door, deer skull, globe and vial cabinet, then use them to set the clock. I don’t really like this puzzle, as I found the clues a bit too obtuse. But here’s how it goes. The clue shows the deer skull at 12:00 and the window at 6:00. You need to figure out what the door, globe, and vial cabinet are. If you walk around the room, treat the whole room as a clock. So start at the deer head (12:00) and turn right to the vial cabinet, which is at 3:00. Turn right again and you come to the window (6:00). Turn right again and you come to the door (9:00). Turn right again and you come to the deer skull again, but also the globe. The globe is sort of between the door and the deer skull. So that makes it 11:00. Yeah, I don’t like that either. But I added the other items to the drawing in the book to help you see it. And now you have the numbers for each item:
Deer Skull = 12
Vial Cabinet = 3
Window = 6
Door = 9
Globe = 11
95. So now, look at the window again. The left panel has a door with an X and a globe with a •. So the time to set it to is 11:45, with the hour hand (•) on 11 and the minute hand (X) on 9. Take the coin.
96. Now for the right panel. The X is the deer skull and the • is the vial cabinet. So set the time to 3:00, with the hour hand (•) on 3 and the minute hand (X) on 12. Take the sugar cube.
97. Change your mind to the past if you haven’t already. Then look inside the box by your dead parents and use the coin to unlock the smaller box inside it. Take the man statue.
98. Change to your present mind and give Mr. Crow the sugar cube since he whined about the coffee being too bitter. What a big baby. Then take the crow statue from his hand
99. Switch to your mind of the future. Laura is sitting in the chair. Talk to her and she says:
“Welcome to the future.
One of us will die, the other will be enlightened.
Please make the right move, Dale.”
Then place the five chess pieces (statues) on the board.
100. This is not so clear, but the red lines are kind of the clue here. You need to avoid all red lines, meaning none of the pieces can be in the same row, column or diagonal. When you get it right, five symbols will appear.
101. Now, refer to the psychological evaluation again to figure out the order of the symbols. It goes:
1 – Corrupted Soul
2 – Dr. Crow
3 – Dale Vandermeer
4 – Laura Vanderboom
5 – Mr. Owl
So head over to the combination lock and enter the symbols from the chess board in that order. Take the Harvey’s Song cassette tape.
102. Play the tape in the cassette player. It doesn’t seem to work at first, so rewind it and then play it again. Harvey will fly to the window. Tap him and he’ll fly away, but if you turn around the room, he’ll be on Laura’s shoulder when you get back. Tap on him. He says JOHNSSON! Talk to Laura and she says, “We are back where it all began: Harvey’s Egg.”
103. Look for JOHNSSON in the phonebook. The full name is Johnsson J D E and the number is 54253.
104. Call 54253 on the phone. They sell bird food! Order some parrot food and they say it will be delivered to the future. I’m already in the future, but if you’re not, change to your future mind. Then check the window for the bird food.
105. Feed Harvey the bird seed and then tap him a couple of times so he lays an egg into Laura’s hand. Grab the egg.
Click on the little numbers below to continue to the next page of the walkthrough or click here.
Note: Sometimes a promo code is provided for a game, but it does not affect the review in any way. At AppUnwrapper, we strive to provide reviews of the utmost quality.
Check out my recommended list for other games you might like.
If you like what you see on AppUnwrapper.com, please consider supporting the site through Patreon. Every little bit helps and is greatly appreciated. You can read more about it here. And as always, if you like what you see, please help others find it by sharing it.
I also offer affordable testing and consulting for iOS developers.
COPYRIGHT NOTICE © AppUnwrapper 2011-2018. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog's author is strictly prohibited. Links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to AppUnwrapper with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.