Adventure Escape Mysteries – Trapmaker
By: Haiku Games
Haiku Games is back with another Adventure Escape game. This time, it’s two games in one. So I’ll be making two separate walkthroughs. This walkthrough guide will help you with hints, tips, tricks, answers and solutions for Chapter 8 of Adventure Escape Mysteries – Trapmaker. It’s the latest Kaye Gray murder mystery! Feel free to ask for extra help in the comments section.
You can watch my video for Chapter 8 here or continue below to my step-by-step guide.
1. Tap on Penny, Keiko and Murphy to get them to all go off and do their thing.
2. Now you’re playing as Penny in the interrogation room. Take the wire cutters, car window breaker and squeeze air balloon from the bag. Then get the power cable from the projector.
3. Use the wire cutters to get rid of all the barbed wire. Get rid of the two table halves.
4. Use the window breaker to, well, break the window. Go through.
5. Open the yellow suitcase and take the scuba mask. Tap the camera hanging from the ceiling to make it drop.
6. Open the door below the control panel to access the circuitry. Use the balloon to get rid of the dust and debris. Use the wire cutters to remove the bad cables. Attach the good cable.
7. Use the balloon to get rid of the dust on the camera. There’s a 4-digit lock on it! Remember the red paint spots from the other room? Go back to that room and put on the scuba mask. Now you can see numbers! Count the dots in each number. You get:
8. Go back to the other room and enter 5859 to unlock the camera. The footage is corrupted!
9. Connect the camera to the computer. Now you have to put the frames in order.
10. Now you’re playing as Keiko. Pick up the robot arm. Open the bag and grab the luminol spray, UV light and empty sample tubes.
11. Spray the luminol on the wall and then place the UV light down on the floor. There’s some blood on the door and more near the bag. Collect them both in sample tubes. Notice while the light is shining that this weird clue appears. Not sure how that works, but ok.
12. Pick up the UV light and go through the door to the other room. Use the robot arm to move the three machines out of the way. There’s a puzzle on the wall we’ll get to in a minute.
13. Spray luminol on the floor and use the UV light to see two blood smears on the floor and one in the doorway. Collect them as samples. You should now have five, so we need one more. You can also see another clue on the floor.
14. Put the two clues together to solve the puzzle on the wall. The wall will then open up, revealing 8 empty canisters. You’ll also get a photo of them.
15. Make sure the UV light is on the floor. Collect another blood sample from one of the canisters. Pick up the UV light again.
16. Go back to the padded room and add all the samples to the DNA machine. Lets solve the DNA puzzle! You need to match DNA pairs. Red fits into gold and blue fits into green. Drag pieces from the lower area to the top. Tap them to flip them upside-down. The DNA matches Frank’s tie!
17. Now you’re playing as Kate again. You need to interrogate the suspects. Pick up the tie, photo, signal booster, tablet, and DNA kit.
18. Talk to each suspect and find out as much as you can from them. Exhaust all options.
19. Confront Edna with evidence using the photo of the gas canisters. Choose:
“Look! You made the knockout gas!”
It turns out she was blackmailed by Trapmaker.
20. Confront Wendy with evidence using the illegal signal booster. Choose:
“This proves you smuggle illegal tech.”
She’ll give you more evidence. Pick up the Interpol bulletin.
21. Look at the Interpol bulletin. It’s about Sanjana! Her diplomatic immunity has been revoked and she’s considered armed and dangerous!
22. Confront Sanjana with evidence using the Interpol bulletin. Choose:
“You’re not a secret agent.”
23. Let’s talk to Conno. Confront him with evidence using the DNA machine. Choose:
“You fit the profile for Trapmaker!”
He says Frank is the Trapmaker!
24. Sgt. Jacob shows up and tells you to wrap it up. Tap on him and solve the murder. Frank Dietch was murdered with… nothing. Frank’s killer is… no one. Trapmaker is… Frank!
25. After Kate explains everything, you’re back at the vault. Cut the police tape and open the door. Tap the body and it will fall through a trap door?! Pick up the note. It’s from Trapmaker. He’s gone!
That’s the end of the game! Click here for my Trapmaker 2 walkthrough!