Linn: Path of Orchards
By: Crescent Moon Games
I’m not super skilled at playing Linn: Path of Orchards, but there are things I picked up along the way that helped me get a better handle on the controls and how things work in the game. So while don’t have a proper walkthrough for the full game, I do have some pointers to help anyone out who’s struggling.
Tips and Tricks:
– In Linn, the main goal in each level is to get to the exit. There are other objectives, but you don’t need to get them all.
– You don’t need to get all three objectives in one run, and usually you can’t. For instance, completing the first level in zero moves would not enable you to get the Elder Shard. So you need to play at least one more time to get it. As long as you completed an objective, it counts and will be saved. So worry about one at a time.
– Don’t worry too much about the Elder shards at first. Most of them are very hard to get and it’s easier to just focus on completing the game. You can always come back for them later.
– At the beginning of each level, you need to tap to get Aban, your character, running. That’s when all the platforms will start moving, as well. It’s unlikely you’ll know what to do on your first try, especially in later levels. Don’t worry about dying and instead pay attention to the pattern in which the platforms move so you can plan out your strategy for the next run.
– The controls are all gesture-based. Swipe left or right to turn, swipe up to jump, and swipe up again to double-jump. While in the air, you can also dash in the direction you’re facing. So it may seem like the dash isn’t working sometimes, but it’s just because you turned when you swiped and would need to swipe again for the dash.
– You can only jump twice and dash once in the air before landing on another platform. Sometimes you can sort of bounce off angled platforms, though, to get more jumps and dashes in.
– The platforms are floating and rotating, so you have to be careful not to fall down, as you’ll die and have to restart the level.
– Some levels have portals, and they might even be on the edges of the screen so you sometimes can’t see them. Stay alert and look out for them!
– In later levels, you might have shards that move from flower to flower instead of floating in the air. When this happens, you have to chase that shard and collect it each time in order to unlock the door. Otherwise you won’t be able to complete the level.
– Unfortunately, if you die or manually restart a level, all the platforms will spin around before they stop and then Aban will start running again automatically. You can tap the screen to reset the level instantly. But if you want to stop and think before trying again, the only way to do so is to go back to the level select screen and start the level again from there.
– Linn is made up of four chapters of fourteen levels each. You have to play the levels in order, and you unlock new chapters when you complete the previous one and collect enough objectives. You don’t need to complete all objectives to get through the game.
– If you complete Chapter 4 and the last lantern on the tree won’t fully light up, that means you need to complete more objectives. They don’t need to be from Chapter 4, though. So just go back and try to get some more of them. When you think you have enough, you may need to replay the last level of any of the chapters so it will show you the ending.
– That’s all for now! Feel free to share your own tips in the comments below.
These are sloppy, but I did make it through to the end and get enough objectives to see the ending.
And that’s all for now! I’ll update this if I manage to make better videos.