Adventure Escape Mysteries – Trapmaker 2 Tracing the Past
By: Haiku Games Co
Haiku Games is back with another Adventure Escape game! This is the sequel to Trapmaker and is called Trapmaker 2 – Tracing the Past. In the first game, we discovered that Frank Dietch is the Trapmaker! Will Detective Kate Gray finally catch him after he got away? Let’s find out! This walkthrough guide will help you with answers and solutions for all the puzzles in Chapter 5. Feel free to ask for extra help in the comments section.
You can watch my video for Chapter 5 or continue below for my step-by-step guide.
1. Grab the fan and metal detector. Open the car door and pick up the volume knob.
2. Attach the volume knob to the car’s stereo system and use the metal detector to find a key in the grass. Pick it up.
3. Use the key to unlock the glove compartment in the car and take the cassette tape from inside. Then insert it into the cassette player to hear Trapmaker’s voice. He says, “Remember Sam Davis? His first mistake was his last!” It will unlock the trailer’s door! Head inside.
4. The chemical has spilled all over the place! Let’s clean it up. Pick up the coffee pot and hazmat gloves. Also, move the empty gas can.
5. Use the hazmat gloves to pick up the spill kit. Then use the spill kit to clean up the mess.
6. Oh no! Murphy messed up again! There’s gas everywhere! Find the gas masks. Then move each filter to a can to cover all the openings. You only have a minute before it resets.
7. We need to remove the toxins from the gas. Pick up the gas canister and look at the instructions and Periodic Table of Elements on the table. The instructions say you need boiling water, bleach and sweat to detoxify the gas.
8. Fill the coffee pot with water from the sink. Then use the coffee maker to boil the water. Pick it up again.
9. Attach the gas canister to the analyzer to see the components of the gas. If you look at the Periodic Table of Elements, you can find those numbers on there and the elements they represent.
53 = I
8 = O
9 = F
15 = P
9. Go back outside and tap on the bike. There’s a combination lock! Enter IOFP to unlock it. Then Murphy will ride around on it in order to sweat. Take the sweaty undershirt from him.
10. Add the water and the sweat to the bottle of bleach to make a detoxifier. Then spray it around the room to detoxify the gas.
11. Open the window and place the fan in it to pull all the gas outside. Then tap on the lasers in the floor or access another puzzle.
12. It’s a laser reflecting puzzle! Rotate the mirrors so that a laser hits each of the gems.
13. Head down to discover a hidden area with a stockpile of Psyrobin. Open the drawer to get a hard drive.
14. Attach the hard drive to the computer. We need a password to get in, but there’s a sticky note with the letters SD on it. Remember the recording from the cassette tape? It said Sam Davis on it. That’s the answer!
15. Now you’re playing as Penny. Pick up the metal polish and cloth. Open the drawers to find some keys. And look at Penny’s ID badge.
16. Use the metal polish and cloth to clean off the plaques on the wall. Then take a look at them. It lists all the head detectives and the years they worked.
17. Use the keys to unlock the filing cabinets. We have to figure out which drawer to open to find the Sam Davis file and which year the case was active. So first, notice that if you tap on the calendar, it’s 2018 and Penny says she was 16 when the case was active. Look at Penny’s ID to see that in 2018 she was 24. 2018 – 24 = 1994. So she was born in 1994. 1994 + 16 = 2010. So the year the Same Davis case was active was 2010. According to the plaques, Flynna Sanders was the head detective that year. So enter 2010 into the FS drawer to unlock it and look at the file inside.
18. Now we have to put the events in order. It goes like this:
2003: Sam’s friend is arrested for OxyContin possession and sentenced to 6 years.
2004: Sam purchased brand new sports car.
2005: Sam registers online blackmarket shop with 2 year domain.
2006: Sam sells 8 lbs cocaine from online blackmarket shop.
2007: Sam’s online blackmarket shop sells 6lb of the drug LSD the day before the domain expires and is never renewed.
2008: Four year old sports car registered to Sam found abandoned.
2009: Sam Davis’ friend is released from prison and reportedly attacks Sam with knife.
2010: Sam is witnessed with large scar selling 2 lb of the drug PCP by local homeless man.
19. Now we’re playing as Kate again and have a bunch of clues to work with. One sticky note says “His first mistake was also his last.” Then we have four numbers for different amounts of drugs, but only four of them. So the first one gets repeated. That gives you:
2003: 3 lbs
2006: 8 lbs
2007: 6 lbs
2010: 2 lbs
2003: 3 lbs
Put them together and you get 38623. That’s the passcode!
20. Looks like the name Charlie Sugarman comes up, and Petunia’s neighbor was a Sugarman! The plot thickens!
That’s the end of Chapter 5! Click here for Chapter 6 or choose another chapter below.