Sky: Children of the Light
Sky: Children of the Light is the latest game by thatgamecompany, and it’s similar to Journey. It’s a massive multiplayer online game (MMO) in which you can fly around beautiful landscapes and join with others to solve simple puzzles. I have a generic guide here, but want to break things down into more specific ones. There are lots of spirits to collect that get added to your constellations and some can be tricky to find. So this guide will show you where they all are. This is a work in progress, so please bear with me. Feel free to ask for extra help in the comments section.
Scroll down for Winged Light locations.
Here’s an overhead view of the area from Reddit user plaguedoctorjed:
1. Butterfly Charmer: This spirit is found right at the entrance of the round cave. The statue is in the center of the cave.
2. Applauding Bellmaker: This is on the left island in the bell towers section. There’s a locked door that needs two people to open it. The statue is by the chat spiral.
3. Waving Bwllmaker: This one is on the middle island. It starts at the entrance and ends by the spire.
4. Laughing Light Catcher: This one is inside the cave on the right island. It ends by the bell tower.
5. Slumbering Shipwright (Yawn): This spirit is through the door on the middle island. I don’t have a great photo of me picking up the expression. Sorry!
6. Exhausted Dock Worker: This is found in an area to the left of the round cave in the first section. You need to collect other spirits before you can get through, or go with a friend who already unlocked it. Once through there, head along to a ledge. Jump off and onto the stairs and into a cave. Head straight and up the stairs and then through a gate to the left that requires one spirit. Continue on and look for a gravestone with a spirit near it. That’s the starting point. Follow it through the doorway past the water. Go through the tunnel until you see an area that’s all green. There’s a little boat. The spirit ends in the room to the left of the plank.
7. Ceremonial Worshiper: Once you have the Butterfly expression, go to the same place where the Laugh spirit was found, on the right island. Get a friend with Butterfly to help you open the door. You then need eight players to all work together and light discs around the circle. Each player should stand by one disc and hold their flame. Don’t jump around or it won’t work. When the platform rises, light all the candles here to get this expression.
8. Bird Whisperer (Bird Call): You need at least four other spirits from the Prairie to access this. When you arrive at the first Prairie area, instead of going straight, turn to the right and go through the gate. Then look for this spirit waiting under one of the towers. The statue is at the top of the tower.
I don’t have a video yet, but here’s a good one from someone else that includes the winged lights:
The first wing is inside a cave to the left when you first land in the Prairie. You need to have found one of the spirits in this area to access it.
The next one is above the round cave where you find the Butterfly Catcher spirit. Go inside the cave and release a call to get the butterflies to carry you up there.
There’s another straight ahead at the entrance to the bell towers.
If you go left to the cave where the Gratitude seasonal spirit and the Wipe Brow spirit are found, there’s two wings in that area.
For the first one, climb up the spiral staircase and then look out across at the hole in the wall. There’s a slight glow, which is a wing!
The next one is even harder to spot. You want to head up the stairs to the exit (right across from the entrance) and head head through. There’s a gate on the left that requires one spirit to enter. Right across from that gate, there’s a little opening you can fly up to. In there is the wing.
To get the next two, you need to have at least four spirits from the Prairie area. Head through the hole in the clouds to the right and continue on to the floating islands (bird nests).
The first one is visible right as you enter the area. It’s on the floating island sticking out from the clouds to the left. It’s where the green light from the Forgotten Ark quests lands.
And the other in this area is a on an island on the way to Sanctuary Islands.
UPDATE: Eight new wings were added in the new area called Sanctuary Islands. You get there by flying through the clouds in the Birds Nests area.
The first wing there is on the floating island with the pool at the top and the waterfall running off it.
The second wing is on a smaller floating island in the distance. You can use a geyser to get up there or fly straight there if you’re already high up.
The third is near the peak of the central mountain.
The fourth is is down the hole where the waterfalls lead. It’s right by the bottom of the waterfall.
For the fifth, continue past the waterfall through a hole. Once inside the next room, look up and you’ll see the wing on what looks like a horizontal ladder.
The sixth is through a hole on the side of the mountain a little to the right of the jellyfish pond and waterfalls. There’s lots of crabs in the cave, so be careful! Just follow the path into a little alcove to find the wing. You can also get there from a hole inside the cave where you found the wing by the waterfall.
The seventh wing is on the backside of the mountain, inside a little cave with some jellyfish. It’s where you find the Jelly Whisperer spirit.
And the eighth and last one is a little to the right of that same cave. You can use the geyser nearby to get up to it. It’s on the side of a cliff near the three whale tail statues and the Home shrine.
The next few are in the area with the three bells you need to ring. One is impossible to miss, on the small island in the center.
Next, there’s one on the left island through the door that requires two people to open it.
The next one is on the middle island off to the left side.
This next one is found after the eight-person puzzle inside a tree.
The next two are on top of the temple at the end. One is easy to get to by flying up a bit.
The other is further up and you either need a friend to help or you need to use the clouds to gain altitude.
That’s all for Daylight Prairie! Click here to continue to the Hidden Forest or choose a kingdom below.