By: Sam Barlow / Annapurna Interactive
Telling Lies is the latest nonlinear, searchable full-motion video game (FMV) by Her Story creator, Sam Barlow. It’s a much bigger game, and therefore it takes more persistence to find all the clips. I wrote a review here, but also recorded my first playthrough with it. So I’m going to include all my gameplay videos here, as well as offer some helpful info to playing the game. Obviously, only read ahead if you don’t mind spoilers. These videos do not have the clips in order. It’s my first experience finding them. Feel free to ask for extra help or discuss the plot in the comments section.
Tips and Tricks:
– When you find a new video clip, it will open to the word you searched. You can then rewind to the beginning of the clip or try to get there from a different search term.
– If you bookmark a clip, it will bookmark that exact spot on the video. Multiple bookmarks in a single video can be stored.
– Bookmarks are arranged in chronological order, so it’s a good way to try to organize the videos you found and make sense of the timeline.
– Finding clips will push Karen’s storyline forward, marked by little things happening outside the screen. Eventually, you’ll be able to upload the clips you found and watch the ending. You’ll still be able to continue searching for clips afterwards, so feel free to watch the ending whenever you want.
– There are multiple epilogues, and the one you get depends on whose videos you found the most of. If you want to try and see all the epilogues in one game, you’ll likely have to focus on one character at a time and then upload the clips as early as possible.
– Use the notepad to take down names and other terms you come across or think of. That way you’ll always have something new to try.
– You can select text from inside a clip and search it right away, but that will make you lose your spot on the current video. If you don’t want that to happen, make sure to bookmark that spot first. Otherwise, jot down the new search term by hand and search it later.
– Don’t forget to examine everything on the computer. Read all the files, rummage through everything.
– Pro tip: If you have two devices, use them both to watch two halves of a conversation at the same time.
– If you’d like help with names or words to bring up new clips, ask in the comments section and I might start a list.
Names: David, David Jones, David Smith, David Miller, Emma, Emma Smith, Alba, Ava, Ava Martin, Michelle, Melissa, Maxine, Max, Maxine Williams, Mike, Laura, Paul, Peter, Eric, Chris, Wes, Wesley, Tom, Harry, John, Ri, Riordan,
Other: Green Storm, Black Kite, Prosperen Sovereign, Rumpelstiltskin, pipeline, Nazi, Antifa, Organizing Group, Jasmine Center, Snow White, Sleeping Beauty,
I found 169 clips so far, but I think there may be more.
Part 15, Ending 1:
Part 16, Ending 2:
Part 17, Ending 3:
And that’s all for now! I’ll add the more if I find other clips.
Note: Sometimes a promo code is provided for a game, but it does not affect the review in any way. At AppUnwrapper, we strive to provide reviews of the utmost quality.
Check out my recommended list for other games you might like.
If you like what you see on AppUnwrapper.com, please consider supporting the site through Patreon. Every little bit helps and is greatly appreciated. You can read more about it here. And as always, if you like what you see, please help others find it by sharing it.
I also offer affordable testing and consulting for iOS developers.
COPYRIGHT NOTICE © AppUnwrapper 2011-2018. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog's author is strictly prohibited. Links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to AppUnwrapper with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.