The House of Da Vinci 2
By: Blue Brain Games
Blue Brain Games are back with the sequel to their impressive adventure puzzle game, The House of Da Vinci. The sequel, The House of Da Vinci 2, picks up where the story left off. You wake up in a cell and find a device that allows you to see into the past and manipulate objects. The puzzles can be tricky at times, so this walkthrough guide should help you if you get stuck. Feel free to ask for extra help in the comments section.
Chapter 4, Badia Fiorentina – Florence 1508:
You can watch my video for Chapter 4 here or continue below for my step-by-step guide.
1. It looks like this is where the original game ties in with this one? The cutscene looked similar to the ending of the first game. And Borgia stole Giacomo’s glove. Hopefully everything will start to make sense soon. Read your journal to see the new addition.
2. Pick up the handle.
3. Zoom in on the chest. Twist the right emblem to the left to release a wooden disc. Pick it up and then open it in your inventory and turn it into a wooden cogwheel.
4. Zoom out and turn around. There’s a slot in the wall to fit the handle. Insert it and turn it to reveal an opening in the wall. Insert the wooden cogwheel and turn the handle to reveal a puzzle
5. For this puzzle, you need to use the sliders to rotate the gears in the rig hit directions to pull the two wooden pieces up high enough that the drawer can open. Then take the folding key from inside.
6. Zoom out and look to the left to find a figure of Leonardo. Grab it.
7. Go back to the chest and zoom in on the keyhole.
8. Now open the folding key in your bag and move the pieces around so the key can fit in the keyhole. Then use it to unlock the chest.
9. Oddly, there’s nothing in the chest. But you can rotate the mechanisms on the right side to release the handle. Pull the metal handle to take it.
10. Go back to the drawer where you found the folding key. Insert the metal handle and push it down to reveal a hidden chamber. Read the note from Leonardo Da Vinci and take the Oculus back. It seems he took it from you and was the one who gave it to you in the first place? He explains how he built a time machine and regretted it. He also mentions that he added a new function to the Oculus, but doesn’t explain what it is.
11. Use the Oculus to go back to the past, just after you jumped into the time machine. This place should look familiar if you played the first game.
12. The wall you’re facing has a few hidden switches. First, zoom in on the left piece of wood holding up the big shelf. Slide it to the left and the shelf will fall.
13. Then, zoom in on the little metal stand. Rotate it so the two arrows line up and the shelf collapses.
14. Take the metal loop from the folded shelf.
15. There’s only one shelf left standing. Look under it to find an empty slot. Insert the loop and pull it to the left. The two sliders will eject. Pull one to the left and one to the right and the shelf should collapse, revealing a hidden door. Open it.
16. Now we get to use the a oculus for its other ability. You may remember it from the first game. It allows you to see inside machinery. Use it to see the gears inside the machine here and then move the gears into position. Pull the lever to get the elevator moving.
17. After a cutscene showing the past, you’re back in the present. There’s a big table in the center of the room, but we’ll get to that in a bit. First, use your Oculus to see some numbers and markings on each of the support beams. Then look at your notebook to see them all sketched around the room. It’s a clue we’ll need later.
18. Now, there are two doors in this room that are unlocked using the folding key. Zoom in on the left one and take a look at the keyhole.
19. Arrange the folding key so it matches the keyhole. Then use it to unlock the door. You’ll see a metal shape inside that matches the one you saw in one of the beams. It will be added to your notebook.
20. Now do the same for the other door.
Click on the little numbers below to continue to the next page of the walkthrough or click here.