The White Door
By: Rusty Lake / Second Maze
The White Door is the latest point-and-click adventure game from Rusty Lake. It ties into the whole Cube Escape and Rusty Lake universe. It’s generally easier than their previous games, but if you get stuck, this walkthrough guide should help you. This section is for Day 3. Feel free to ask for extra help in the comments section.
You can watch my video for Day 3 here or continue below for my step-by-step guide.
1. Once again, pull the blanket down to wake up. Start eating your breakfast. There’s a mouse right behind the donut, so you don’t want to eat it. Tap the mouse, though, and see where it runs off to. We have to follow it, since breakfast isn’t considered finished while that donut sits there.
2. Self-Care: Flush the toilet again. Go to the sink and tap on the mouse to make it run off again. Brush your teeth and shave.
3. Check the computer and tap the mouse again.
4. Check the strange safe that we can’t open yet and tap the mouse again.
5. Go back to your breakfast. The mouse looks mostly dead after eating the donut. Tap on him to complete your breakfast and make time move ahead.
6. Examine the new plant that’s arrived in your room. Notice the card that says THE WHITE DOOR – MENTAL HEALTH AND FISHING.
(Achievement Alert! To get this achievement, tap on the caterpillar on the plant. Then find it in different locations around the room until it returns to the plant as a moth. It goes to the computer, then the table, then back to the plant as a moth. Tap the moth to get another star/achievement.)
7. You can open the window, but there’s nothing there this time besides the bird. Head to the box near the computer. Roll up the tape and then open the flaps to see inside. There’s a number of things here. First, look at the photos in the envelope.
8. Next, shake the bird seed packet until it’s empty. It’s a clue we’ll use soon.
9. Now examine the tape recorder. Open it and place the battery in the right slot. Then rotate each of the pieces so they all turn white. Close it up again. Press the third button to see the code 827. We’ll use it soon.
10. And last, look at the map and find two notable locations — the bird food factory and the Owl Nest (ON).
11. Checkup: Press the red button and call the nurse for your checkup. The first question is, “The bird food’s main ingredient?” We know from shaking out the seeds that the most common one was CANARY GRASS. But also, it’s the only seed with the words. So that’s the answer.
12. The next question is, “Where is your work located?” We know from the map that the answer is 30 LAKE ST.
13. The next question is, “Where is Owl Nest located?” We know from the map that the answer is 16 PARK RD.
14. And the last question is, “What is the emergency code?” We know the answer is 827 from the tape recorder. She then asks what you want for dinner. I chose fish, but I’m not sure it matters.
15. Memory Training: Go to the computer again. For these puzzles, you need to use the arrow keys to move the shape to the right spot. So the first one is the window. Place it where the window should be. The game has a wide margin of error, which is why my screenshots are off. When you’re done, dinner will be served. Eat it, along with the pill.
16. Recreation: Open the recreational box. This time you need to solve a dominos puzzle. You can copy my solution below.
17. Go to bed and pull the blanket up to start Dream 3, “Laura.”
18. You’re looking at a building from outside.
(Achievement Alert! Before going inside the building, watch the cars go by. When you see one with a sign on it, hold it in place so the passenger can get out. Then continue with the dream as usual to get the star/achievement.)
19. Tap on the window. Then pull the window up and go inside the apartment.
20. He’s watching TV, so drag the scene to the right until you see the TV. Tap on it until you wake up again in the hospital.
21. Tap on each of the doctors to move them closer to your bed. One of them should stick his hand out to grab your blanket. Pull the blanket up and you’ll go to sleep again.
22. Tap on the TV until it shuts off. Tap on yourself and ten make the tears fall from your eyes. The buzzer will buzz. Answer it and then let the woman up. Open the door for her and take the plant. Touch the leaves to shake them.
23. Take the survey she hands you. I don’t think it matters how you answer. Then take the card from her to complete the dream.
And that’s the end of Day 3! Click here to continue to Day 4 or choose another day below.