The White Door
By: Rusty Lake / Second Maze
The White Door is the latest point-and-click adventure game from Rusty Lake. It ties into the whole Cube Escape and Rusty Lake universe. It’s generally easier than their previous games, but if you get stuck, this walkthrough guide should help you. Feel free to ask for extra help in the comments section.
You can watch my video for Day 1 or continue below for my step-by-step guide.
1. To start Day 1, first tap on the door in the title screen.
2. Drag your blanket down to get out of bed.
3. Check your schedule on the wall to see the order you have to complete each of your tasks. It also tells you your name and the date, which are Robert Hill and 14/08/1972.
4. You can also check the calendar on your night table to see the date.
5. Breakfast: Walk over to the table and eat your breakfast. Drag down to drink both your juice and coffee. Tap to eat the donut. Then examine the sugar packet to see a receipt from Cafe Owl Nest.
6. Self-care: Go to the bathroom and flush the toilet. Go to the sink and use the toothbrush to brush your teeth by swiping left and right. Use the towel to wash your face.
7. Head over to your dresser and pull open the bottom drawer. Look at your employee ID card for Johnsson Bird Food.
8. Go to the window. Drag the blinds up and then tap on the bird to make it fly away.
9. Checkup: Press the red button to the left of the door to call the nurse. Then talk to her to start your checkup.
10. You have to now answer a series of simple questions based on the information you found around the room. The first is, “What is your given name?” Tap the correct letters to spell out ROBERT.
11. The next question is, “What year is it?” Answer 1972.
12. And the last question is, “And the date?” Answer 14. Then she’ll leave and more time will pass.
13. Memory Training: Go to the computer.
(Achievement Alert! To get the DAY 1 Achievement, choose MAYBE instead of YES or NO. )
After you get the achievement, choose YES to start the test.
14. You now have to look at a series of images and choose which object it looks like to you. These are the answers I chose, but I’m not sure you can get them wrong:
DONUT, BOX, PLANT, FRAME, SPEAKER, COIN, BIRD
15. Dinner: Now your dinner cart rolls in. Eat the spaghetti and meatballs, drink the soda, and take your pill. Time will pass.
16. Recreation: Go to the box next to your dresser. It only opens after 20:00. Today, there’s a dumbbell inside. Use it to do 10 shoulder presses.
17. Go to bed and pull the cover up to go to sleep and have your first dream.
18. Dream 1 is called “The Break-Up.” It takes place at the Owl Nest cafe. Tap on the cafe. The narrator tells you that he was sitting at his favorite table on the right. So drag to the right until you see him.
19. (Achievement Alert! Notice the curtains in the upper left corner. Tap on it and the words will get highlighted. Then continue with the game. Each time you see the curtain, tap on it. There are four instances where it shows. At the end, you’ll see the full curtains. Open them and tap and hold on the singer to make her sing. Then you’ll get a star.)
Tap on the table. He says he was stressed out and turning all the stuff in the same direction. So turn the coffee, spoon and sugar packet so they all point in the same direction.
20. Lift the coffee up to his lips so he can take a sip. Then tap on the donut to eat it.
21. Turn the hands on the watch to make time pass.
22. When the woman arrives, tap on her (note the achievement above if you’re after it). Then pull her chair in closer.
23. Move her eyes to the right. She then says she wants to break up with him. Have him drink again.
24. Pull his hand up to try and touch hers. She pulls away. Have him take another sip. The coffee cup cracks and falls apart. And that’s the end of the dream.
And that’s the end of Day 1! Click here to continue to Day 2 or choose another day below.
Note: Sometimes a promo code is provided for a game, but it does not affect the review in any way. At AppUnwrapper, we strive to provide reviews of the utmost quality.
Check out my recommended list for other games you might like.
If you like what you see on AppUnwrapper.com, please consider supporting the site through Patreon. Every little bit helps and is greatly appreciated. You can read more about it here. And as always, if you like what you see, please help others find it by sharing it.
I also offer affordable testing and consulting for iOS developers.
COPYRIGHT NOTICE © AppUnwrapper 2011-2018. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog's author is strictly prohibited. Links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to AppUnwrapper with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.