The Almost Gone
By: Happy Volcano / Playdigious
The Almost Gone is a puzzle adventure game from Happy Volcano and Playdigious with a really unique control scheme. Each scene is a diorama, and you can rotate it to see it from different angles. The idea is to look for items and clues to unlock doors and progress through the game. This walkthrough guide should help you if you get stuck. Feel free to ask for extra help in the comments section.
Act 1, The House:
1. Follow the tutorial. Tap on the music box on the bed. Swipe so you can see the left side of the bed. Open the night table drawer and take the handle. Go back to the music box and open your inventory. Drag the handle to the music box to unlock it. Take the telescope eyepiece and read the note.
2. Swipe in the direction the game is telling you to see another section of the room. Tap on the globe. We can’t solve it yet, so we’ll come back to it.
3. Swipe to move to the left of this part of the room. Zoom in on the poster on the wall to see a constellation. It’s one of the clues!
4. Swipe to move to the next part of the room. Place the eyepiece on the telescope and then look through it. Swipe to move around the screen until you can see the constellation in the sky. Make note of it.
5. Open the closet and look at the poster of the different constellations. Now you can identify the two you found — Virgo and Leo.
6. Head back to the globe and find those two constellations. Press the button for each. Then take the key from the hidden compartment.
7. Head left again to the area with the desk and the Virgo poster. Use the key to unlock the door and head through.
8. Try to open the bathroom door (with the rubber duck on it) and some black ooze will flow out. We’re leaving that door alone!
9. Your parents’ door is locked, so instead head towards the stairs. Head down the stairs.
10. Turn around to see the door ahead of you. You can open it, but don’t go through. Swipe to continue behind the stairs.
11. Rotate the room and pick up the record. Then open the door and go through to another room.
12. Place the record on the record player and then take the wedding video from the drawer.
13. Head left to the living room. Insert the video tape into the VCR and a wedding cake will explode through the TV. Zoom in on it and then pick up the knife to cut it. Take the pregnancy test from inside.
14. Head left, behind the couch, to the table. Take the bottle of pills.
15. Continue left to a room with a computer. Notice the locked safe with a clue. We’ll come back to it. Open one of the drawers and take the slip of paper from the purse. It’s from the Lost Valley Psychiatric Hospital.
16. Open the door here and go through. There’s another PC here and a printer. Press the button on the printer to print something and then take it. It’s divorce papers from a law office.
17. You can go to the right here, but there’s nothing much to do. So head back to the dining room table.
18. Take the middle path from the table to the kitchen. Notice the lock on the fridge. There’s a bunch of lines in green and red. The clues are on the two sheets of paper you found. You want to copy the symbols onto the lock to open it.
19. The fridge opens. Take the bottle from the door.
20. Find your way back to the room with the safe. Look at the clue on the safe again. It shows the bottle of alcohol, the bottle of pills, and the pregnancy test. Look at each one and notice the numbers on them.
Alcohol = 16
Pills = 50
Pregnancy Test = 11
21. Now use those three numbers to open the safe. Go right, left, right. Then take the bedroom key.
22. Find your way back up the stairs and use the key to open the door to your parents’ bedroom.
23. The sliding glass doors are missing a handle. Head to the right and pick up the handle from the box on the floor.
24. Go back to the bed and use the handle to open up the sliding glass doors. Head through.
25. Rotate the camera until you see the rope tied to the fence. Untie it and then pick up the crowbar.
26. Head back downstairs. Go all the way behind the stairs until you see a room with a cuckoo clock and a barricaded door. Use the crowbar to remove the planks and open the door. That completes the first act!
And that’s the end of Act 1! Click here to continue to Act 2 or choose a chapter below.
Note: Sometimes a promo code is provided for a game, but it does not affect the review in any way. At AppUnwrapper, we strive to provide reviews of the utmost quality.
Check out my recommended list for other games you might like.
If you like what you see on AppUnwrapper.com, please consider supporting the site through Patreon. Every little bit helps and is greatly appreciated. You can read more about it here. And as always, if you like what you see, please help others find it by sharing it.
I also offer affordable testing and consulting for iOS developers.
COPYRIGHT NOTICE © AppUnwrapper 2011-2020. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog's author is strictly prohibited. Links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to AppUnwrapper with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.