The Mystery of Blackthorn Castle 2
By: Syntaxity Inc.
Blackthorn Castle 2 is the latest point-and-click adventure game from Syntaxity. It’s the sequel to The Mystery of Blackthorn Castle and has you traveling back in time to a 14th century castle to break the dark wizard’s spells and find a mysterious artifact. It can be tricky at times, so this walkthrough guide should help you if you get stuck on any puzzles. Feel free to ask for extra help in the comments section.
1. You start at Scene 1 in Uncle Henry’s office, which you should recognize from other games. Tap the hat on the hat rack to make it drop. Then look inside for a note. It’s a clue!
2. Move the chair from the desk and tap on the desk. Solve the rotating discs puzzle.
3. Now there’s another puzzle under there. This is a little tricky. Notice that two of the symbols from the note are on the puzzle. We’re gonna deal with each of them separately. So first, tap on each of the metal pieces so they slide out of the slots. You can now turn the disc. So then it until the first symbol on the paper is at the top of the wheel. Then, tap the four metal pieces in the directions show on the paper. It should look like this and the disc will bounce a bit to show you got it right.
4. Now let’s work on the second symbol. Pull all the metal pieces in and turn it so the second symbol is at the top. Then push out the metal pieces as shown on the paper so it looks like the image below.
5. Take the pocket watch. It’s actually a time travel device! To use it, press all three knobs. The painting on the wall will then turn into a portal. Tap it to be taken to Blackthorn Castle at Scene 2.
6. Take the path through the trees to Scene 12. Look at the Clockmaker sign to take a photo of it. It’s a clue!
7. Open the Clockmaker’s door and go through to the clockmaker’s shop at Scene 14. Open the dresser doors and take the gold watch. It’s a clue!
8. While here, look through the jacket pocket to get a flint and steel.
9. Leave the shop and continue along the path to Scene 17. The left path is blocked, so go down the middle path to Scene 22. Go down the left path to Scene 26. Solve the puzzle here by lining up all the dots on the rings. We’ll have to come back to this later.
10. Go back to Scene 22 and take the right path to Scene 23. Open the door and go through to Scene 24. Take the torch from the wall and then continue through the right door to Scene 25.
11. At Scene 25, pick up the crowbar.
12. While here, look at the pocket watch and note which numbers each hand is pointing at. Let’s go from shortest to longest: 7, 2, 5, 9. Now, look at the locked closet and enter those in reverse as 9527, since the circles on the buttons go from biggest to smallest. There’s four dials inside, so we’ll come back to it when we have a clue.
13. Go all the way back to Scene 2 and take the right path to Scene 3. Continue on to Scene 4. Place the torch on the torch holder and then go through to Scene 5.
14. At Scene 5, examine the gold box. There’s four buttons on it. Here’s where the clockmaker’s clue comes in. Press the buttons as shown on the sign:
Left, Up, Down, Up, Down, Up, Down, Up, Right
Then press the middle button to open the gold box. Take the brass tablet and brass object from inside and look at the clues on each.
15. Go back to Scene 25. Use the clue from the brass object to solve the dials puzzle in the closet. Just go left to right, setting it to each little notch. It should look like the image below. Then take the brass handle.
Click on the little numbers below to continue to the next page of the walkthrough or click here.