By: Plug In Digital / Patrones y Escondites
Unmemory is “A game you can read. A book you can play.” from Plug In Digital. It’s similar to Device 6, in that you need to scroll up and down for clues and to solve puzzles. It can be quite tricky at times, so this walkthrough guide should help you if you get stuck on any of the puzzles. Feel free to ask for extra help in the comments section.
Chapter 1 | Chapter 2 | Chapter 3 | Chapter 4 | Chapter 5 | Chapter 6 | Chapter 7 | Chapter 8 | Review
Chapter 1, The Red Notebook:
1. Tap on the elipses to expand the text. Ignore the phone for now and keep scrolling down. Ignore the locked briefcase for now.
2. At the painting of the birds, again keep tapping the ellipses until it turns into a painting of a black swan.
3. When you get to the slit in the blinds and it says, “I open the blinds… …with my fingers,” use two fingers to open the blinds, like you’re trying to zoom out on a hame.
4. There’s a knock at the door! Scroll down and look through the peephole to see a man standing at the door.
5. Continue reading and notice he says that he has a package for a yellow house with an odd-numbers apartment. He already tried apartments 15 and 19, so you’re all that’s left — which means your apartment is number 17. Remember this for later.
6. Flip through the channels on the TV. We’ll come back to it later. Turn the TV OFF and then continue reading.
7. When you get to the bathtub, notice that if you tilt your phone a bit, her arm will flip over and you can see the tattooed 1973 and a symbol. We’ll come back to that. Keep reading.
8. Scroll down and notice a book – Alice Through the Looking Glass. Keep reading to find some matches, a pen, and a broken label maker. You also find a wallet with a video club card inside it and a gun! There’s also a locked safe.
9. You should hear the phone ring. Go back up to it and answer it. Listen to the message. It says:
“Listen. Listen carefully. I don’t have much time. There’s a black briefcase. You must open it. Start with the number tattooed on her arm. Subtract the number of the blank TV channel, minus the apartment where you are. Please, you must find the red notebook. That’s what’s important. Find it. Please. Do it for me.”
9. Now, we know the number from the tattoo is 1973. If you flip through the TV channels, notice that channel 50 is blank. And we’re in apartment 17. So:
1973 – 50 – 17 = 1906
10. Enter 1906 into the briefcase padlock to unlock it.
11. Inside the briefcase you find a photo with a message on the back. Swipe through the items in your possession and tap on the photo to see what it says:
“If you’re looking for the red notebook… look behind the swan.”
12. Find the swan painting again and tap on it to see a reflected message:
“A reflection never lies. Use P. 97”
13. Go back to the Alice Through the Looking Glass book and flip to page 97. Notice that the red circled letters spell out FINESTBANDIT. Also, the yellow highlighted parts in the book say LILY OPENS THE BOX.
14. Notice that the label maker says LILY on it. Use it to write out FINESTBANDIT and then note down what the label says: 37R21L15R07L. Break it up and you get: 37R 21L 15R 07L.
15. Go down to the locked safe box (DEBASER C10) and enter 37R 21L 15R 07L to unlock it.
16. The red notebook is inside, but it’s only visible as a cutscene. You’ll see this message before the next chapter starts:
Click here to continue to Chapter 2 or scroll down to see some extras.
Here are some things I found in this chapter that are useful or may be useful:
When you answer the phone, note down the phone number of the caller — 84352643. This can be entered in the phone on Chapter 2!
After you open the briefcase, channel 57 becomes available on the TV.
If you look through the peephole again, you can see two of the developers.
Immediately after you unlock the safe, notice the words LICK MY LEGS on the box. It might be important but I’m not sure how.
These are the pages that you can see in the Red Notebook very briefly during the cutscene at the end of the chapter:
This Post Has One Comment
How to open the blinds if you use a PC?