A Simple Mistake: Escape Room
By: M9 Packaging
A Simple Mistake is the latest Room escape game from M9 Packaging. It can be confusing at times because there isn’t always feedback and it’s a dark game. But this walkthrough guide should help you if you get stuck on any puzzles. Feel free to ask for extra help in the comments section.
You can watch my video for the full game or continue below for my step-by-step guide.
1. Head through the open gate. Tap on the grass below the stairs and grab the wire cutters. Then go back.
2. Tap on the right side of the screen — pretty much anywhere — and grab the crowbar. Then go back.
3. Tap near the fence on the left side of the screen and use the wire cutters to cut the chain on the box. Then take the key. Go back.
4. Use the key to unlock the gate. Then head through.
5. Knock on the door. No one answers. Head along the left side of the porch and tap on the window. Use the crowbar to open the window.
6. Now there’s a locked door. Tap to the left of the door to see the rest of the room. Read the note on the floor.
7. Pull the lever to turn on the power.
8. Look at the stack of books and notice that the top book says IIVIV on it.
9. Go back and tap on five the switches on the wall. Use the clue from the book to figure out that they go Up, Up, Down, Up, Down. You should hear a click. The door’s now open, so go through.
10. It’s hard to make out, but there’s a lever at the base of the white support beam. Pull it, then go back.
11. Tap on the table to see it from another angle. The painting on the wall moved when you pulled the lever, revealing a keypad.
12. Tap on each of the four chairs and the two lamps to see numbers on them. Organize them from left to right, like so:
3, 22, 16, 2, 11, 1
13. Now, for each of those numbers, find the corresponding letter from the alphabet. You end up with CVPBKA. Enter that into the keypad on the wall. Then take the key.
14. Go back and use the key to unlock the door and go through.
15. Look at the clock. The time is 10:09.
16. Tap on the wall safe on the left. Enter 1009 into the keypad and take the knife.
17. Go back and tap on the bag. Use the knife to cut it open. Take the crowbar that’s way too big to fit in the bag and also that you would have already had if you hadn’t thrown your other one away.
18. Go back. Use the crowbar to move the china cabinet and then go through the door.
19. Tap on the base of the statue to see the Roman numerals V, V, II, IV, V.
20. Tap on the door and press the buttons in that same order: 5, 5, 2, 4, 5. Take the key.
21. Go back and use the key to unlock the door and go through.
22. Go up the stairs. Tap on the right bookshelf and pick up the key. Go back.
23. Tap on the left bookshelf to see the desk. Tap on the desk. Drag the book aside and read the note underneath. It says:
“Need to fix the fuse panel. The panel seems to only work when pressing the following buttons.
On Off On On Off On”
24. Go back downstairs and use the key on the door to reveal the fuse box. Follow the note and press the switches so they look like this, then take the key.
25. Go back upstairs and to the desk again. Use the key to unlock the door and go through.
26. Tap on the letters on the floor. Move the book aside and pick up the coin. Go back.
27. Tap on the plant on the right and pick up the coin. Go back.
28. Tap on the display case and pick up the coin. Go back.
29. Tap on the left bookcase and pick up the coin.
30. Tap on the right bookcase and notice the five books with Roman numerals and symbols on them. Go back.
31. Tap on the door and then place the coins in the right ordered based on the numbers on the books. Take the key and use it on the door and go through.
32. Tap on the desk on the right and read the book. Notice the left page is about the fireplace and the right page is about the shelf area. Go back.
33. Tap on the left side of the room to zoom in on the shelf area. Rotate the two hands so they match the drawings on the right page.
34. Go back and tap on the fireplace. Rotate the hands so they match the left page. Then go through the secret passage that opens.
35. Tap on the light switch. Now you have to press each button in order by using trial and error. Press them in this order:
5, 2, 6, 1, 4, 3
36. Now we can see. Tap on the desk to the right. There’s a book with five sentences in it. Somehow we have to get a phone number from that for the telephone.
37. Thanks to reader named John, I got the solution, which is a pretty annoying one. The “to” in two of the sentences counts as 2 and the “one” in “everyone” counts as 1. The “for” also counts as 4. So you end up with 725412. Call that number on the phone to complete the game.
This Post Has 2 Comments
I love both adventure and room escape games but found this one to be quite amateurish, and awfully short for $2.99. Wish Mani Morishita would release something new, it’s been two years since The Treasure.
Thank you AppUnwrapper! I do not think I could have made it through this too short game without your help!
U R the BEST!