NUTS – A Surveillance Mystery
By: Noodlecake / Joon, Pol, Muuutsch, Char & Torfi
NUTS is a new Apple Arcade game that’s full of charm, but also very confusing because nothing is really explained, including its user interface. I’m still playing the game myself, but I thought I’d make a short guide to help people get started if they’re stuck near the beginning. Feel free to ask for extra help in the comments section.
Here’s a video of the first chapter if you need help:
– On a touchscreen, the left side is for movement and the right side is for the camera.
– To get going, head down the path the arrow is pointing. A narrator should start talking to let you know you’re on the right track.
– On the right are three buttons. One is for jumping, one is for crouching, and one is for interacting with objects and only appears when the cursor is over something that can be interacted with.
– You can also tap anywhere on the screen to interact with an object as long as the cursor is lined up.
– Pay attention to your journal, as it tells you what your next goal is. You access it by pressing the plus sign in the upper right corner and then selecting the journal. Keep in mind that you need to tap the journal icon again to close it. You might just want to keep the little menu open at the top for easier access.
– To get the generator working, grab the gas can and hold it over it, then “drop” it to pour.
– To get Nina on the phone, fax over the page on the wall and then answer the phone.
– To use the camera, open the small menu at the top with the plus sign, where you access your journal.
– When Nina asks for a photo of the caravan, you need to fax it to her. This is how. With your journal open, tap on the lock at the top of the screen. This will allow you to take the photo from the journal and then fax it to her.
– Once you’re able to place cameras, you can lock the screen to rotate them.
– The goal each time is to find the squirrels’ acorn stash.
Hope that helps! I also have a proper walkthrough guide here.