NUTS – A Surveillance Mystery
By: Noodlecake / Joon, Pol, Char, Almut & Torfi
NUTS is a game about surveilling squirrels in Melmoth Forest to find out where their acorn stashes are located. It’s not too difficult, though it requires some trial and error and can take longer if you guess wrong or take baby steps each day. If you get stuck, though, this walkthrough guide should help you. Feel free to ask for extra help in the comments section.
Chapter 2, Beginnings:
You can watch my video for Chapter 2 or continue below for the step-by-step guide.
1. This chapter takes place at Melmoth Creek. Fax the FAX THIS sheet to Nina again. Then answer the phone. You’ll get disconnected, so explore the caravan a bit and then she’ll call back. Answer the phone again.
2. Stay on the phone and pin the worksheet she faxed you to the cork board. Then pick up the GPS and look at it. Nina will continue explaining how to record the squirrels. Basically, you pick up a camera, take it to the X on the GPS, and point the camera at the X. Then go back to the caravan and press record on the TV. It will switch to night time and you can watch the recording. If you see a squirrel, pause it and print a photo to send Nina. You can also add the photo to your journal as a guide while placing the camera again. The goal is to find the squirrel’s acorn stash and record it eating from there.
3. When you’re done, hang up the phone. Leave the caravan and open the box from Simon to find a camera. Carry it to the X and place it similarly to my own shown below so that the camera points at the tree where the X is.
4. Go back to the caravan and record the video. Then play it back. You should see the squirrel heading straight away from the camera. Print a photo and fax it to Nina.
5. Answer the phone. She tells you to find the squirrel by its stash. Hang up the phone.
(Achievement Alert!: You should now get the Squirrel stalker achievement.)
6. Leave the caravan and pick up the tape recorder and cassette from the rock nearby. The cassette will automatically play.
7. Open the the two boxes from Simon. One is a second television and one is a second camera. Take the TV inside and drop it down near the other (or anywhere, it seems. It will work itself out.). Then take the camera with you to the first one and figure out where to place it.
(Achievement Alert!: Take a few photos of things that aren’t squirrels and fax them to Nina so she rebukes you. She’ll respond randomly each time, but one of the possible responses includes “National Geographic.” The goal is to get that line. You should then get the Missed Opportunity achievement.)
8. Keep moving them and recording until you can follow the squirrel to the stash. I’ve included a photo of the stash and my GPS location to help you find it. There’s also a cassette in the bushes nearby. Make sure to pick it up.
9. Go back inside and record the squirrel at its stash. Print it and fax it to Nina. Answer the phone. When she’s done, hang up and tap on your bed to sleep until the next day.
10. When the phone rings again, answer it and read the worksheet for the new assignment. There’s also a new location on your GPS. Time to find the second stash!
11. Grab the two cameras from where you left them and head to the X on the map. Point them both at the tree from different angles. When you get back to the camper, you can see that the squirrel goes straight ahead into the distance on camera 1.
12. The squirrel crosses the water and eventually goes through some rocks.
13. While looking around, notice the boat near the cliff side and take a photo for Nina. Fax it to her when you’re back in the caravan.
14. Follow him to the stash, which is in a small cave with an entrance that’s hidden by a small bush.
15. Print the photo and fax it to Nina to complete the second chapter.
Click on the little numbers below to continue the walkthrough for Chapter 3 or click here.
Note: Sometimes a promo code is provided for a game, but it does not affect the review in any way. At AppUnwrapper, we strive to provide reviews of the utmost quality.
Check out my recommended list for other games you might like.
If you like what you see on AppUnwrapper.com, please consider supporting the site through Patreon. Every little bit helps and is greatly appreciated. You can read more about it here. And as always, if you like what you see, please help others find it by sharing it.
I also offer affordable testing and consulting for iOS developers.
COPYRIGHT NOTICE © AppUnwrapper 2011-2020. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog's author is strictly prohibited. Links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to AppUnwrapper with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.