Adventure Escape Mysteries – The Echo Bay Murders
By: Haiku Games
Haiku Games is back with a new Adventure Escape game, called The Echo Bay Murders. You play as Detective Kate Gray, as she travels to the coastal town of Echo Bay to investigate a missing persons case. This walkthrough guide should help you if you get stuck on any of the puzzles in Chapter 3. Feel free to ask for extra help in the comments section.
Chapter 3, The Forest:
You can watch my video for Chapter 3 or continue below for my step-by-step guide.
1. Kate escaped the stranger’s cabin and is now in the forest. Find the two weights and the antenna. Also, grab the shoe as evidence.
2. Use the antenna to open the truck door. Look inside and grab the knife and electrical tape. Pull the flap to open the hood. Also, notice the broken fishing rod. Press the button on the radio a few times and note down the numbers where it stops each time — 8, 13, 7, 9. We’ll likely need that later.
3. Leave the car. Grab the hook from the hood. Use the knife to cut the tree branch and the steel cable.
4. Go back to the car. Add the branch to the fishing rod, then tape it up, then add the steel cable and the hook to get a complete fishing rod.
5. Leave the car again. Use the fishing rod to fish the weight and and the locked box out the water.
6. Look at the locked box. We need to figure out the weights of the different animals. Tap on the trunk of the car to access a scale. Place the three weights down with the rest. Then add and remove weights to the scale to check the weight of each animal. Press the button to check each time. In the end, it should look like the photo below. So it goes:
Fish = 4 + 1 = 5
Rabbit = 8 + 2 = 10
Fox = 8 + 4 + 2 + 1 = 15
Beaver = 32 + 16 + 4 + 1 = 53
Wolf = 64 + 32 + 16 + 2 + 1 = 115
Deer = 64 + 32 + 16 + 8 + 4 = 124
7. Now let’s use that information to unlock the box.
Fish + Wolf = 5 + 115 = 120
Wolf + Fox = 115 + 15 = 130
Deer + Rabbit = 124 + 10 = 134
Rabbit + Beaver = 10 + 53 = 63
Then take the climbing gear from the box.
8. Use the climbing gear to climb up the wall.
9. Grab the axe. Then go back to the truck.
10. Use the axe to chop down the tree and then chop it into three logs. Pick them up.
11. Go back to the river. Place the three logs down with the rest. Now we have to solve the Logs Puzzle. We need to make a continuous path to the X for Kate. To roll a log, select it and then press the arrow button. You can use my video if you need help.
12. Pick up the shovel and the matches.
13. Use the shovel to dig in the dirt. Look inside the hole to find Ava! She’s definitely dead. You’ll get more evidence for your notebook. Also, grab the two pieces of cloth binding her mouth and hands.
14. Go back to the truck. Use the shovel to dig up a locked suitcase. Remember the numbers from the radio? They were 8 13 7 9. Enter that into the suitcase to open it. Take the butane canister from inside.
15. While here, open the gas cap on the truck and soak the two pieces of cloth in gasoline.
16. Go back to the river. Place the butane canister by the giant boulder. Add the gas-soaked cloth and then use the matches to light it. Then stand back and watch. Enter the cave behind the waterfall.
17. It’s a literal mancave! Grab the empty lantern, hammer, fuel siphon and map piece.
18. Go back to the truck and use the fuel siphon and the lantern with the gas tank to fill up the lantern.
19. Go back to the mancave and place the lantern back on the table to light up the dark area. Smash the weak wall with the hammer and take the map piece. There’s another under the pillow and a third under the rug. Also notice the locked chest and the map.
20. Add the four map pieces to the map. Now you can see four color-coded trails. They look similar to the tree outside?
21. We need to use the map and the big tree to figure out the code to unlock the chest. Basically, find each of the trails on the big tree and then note down their order. You end up with:
Evergreen Trail (green)
Big Bass Trail (pink)
Long River Trail (turquoise)
Sunset Trail (yellow)
Fall Ridge Trail (orange)
So change the colors on the chest to green, pink, turquoise, yellow, orange. Then take the dog tags as evidence. That’s when a car pulls up!
And that’s the end of Chapter 3! Click here to continue to Chapter 4 or choose a chapter below.