Adventure Escape Mysteries – Lost Ruins: Revenge on Atlantis
By: Haiku Games
Haiku Games is back with a new Adventure Escape game, called Lost Ruins: Revenge on Atlantis . When Professor Burns gets possessed by an ancient desert artifact, he sets out to destroy the underwater city of Atlantis. You need to stop him before Atlantis is lost forever. This walkthrough guide should help you if you get stuck on any of the puzzles in Chapter 5. Feel free to ask for extra help in the comments section.
See all my other Adventure Escape guides here.
Chapter 1 | Chapter 2 | Chapter 3 | Chapter 4 | Chapter 5 | Chapter 6 | Chapter 7 | Chapter 8
You can watch my video for Chapter 5 or continue to my step-by-step guide below.
1. We made it to the city of Atlantis! Zale and Aletha greet you and tell you that you need to complete some trials before they can greet you as guests. Once they leave, grab the key from the fruit bowl. Grab the pitcher of water and the glasses from the table. There’s also a glass cylinder behind one of the throw pillows. There’s a second glass cylinder in a panel on the left. Also, take the spinach from the bowl.
2. Place the glasses on the pedestals and then fill them with water from the pitcher. Some stars will appear on the floor.
3. Use the key to unlock the airlock and then place the spinach inside the airlock. Some fish will come to eat it and you can now view a stone tablet with some symbols carved into it.
4. Look at the bubble to the left. There are four holes around it. You need to fill them with water in the right order, based on the location of the stars on the floor. Basically, just flip it upside-down so the red star matches with the red hole. Once you finish, the bubble will rise up, revealing more symbols.
5. There’s a keypad near the door with the same symbols on it as in the bubble. Count each of the types of symbols on the bubble. There are 9 of the first, 1 of the second, 7 of the third, and 13 of the fourth. We need to use the clues on the stone slab to figure out how to write those numbers out using the triangle and dash buttons. It’s actually binary. So the way it works is that you have four slots. From left to right, they go 8 4 2 1. So to make 8, you would have a triangle in the first slot and then nothing in the others. So let’s make 9 1 7 13 for the keypad to unlock the door. It should look like the image below.
6. Now investigate the opening behind the keypad. It’s some hydraulics mechanism and there are two cylinders missing. Replace them with the the two you found. Now we have to solve the Displacement puzzle. Move the water between the connected cylinders to get exactly 2 units of water in each cylinder. You can use my video below if you need help. Then go through the open door.
7. Now we have to complete the second trial. Pick up the two broken busts and the left-facing bust. Also, grab the bracelet from the Amphitrite statue and the lantern from the wall. Notice the two placards. The left says, “Through exertion, we learn the value of rest.” And the right says, “Sometimes you have to look at things from a different angle.” Then go through the doorway to the right.
8. There’s a sword here but we can’t get it yet. Move aside the right corner of the curtain to get a right-facing bust. Also, there’s three more placards here. The placard in the middle says, “Nothing gleams without a light.” Place the lantern on the pedestal above it and then take the gold key. The left one says, “Though we may be the same, we will never see eye to eye.” Place the two busts here but have them face away from each other. Then take the upward facing bust from the panel. And the last placard says, “Just because you’re broken, doesn’t mean you can’t be whole again.” We’ll come back to that.
9. Climb up the stairs and give Aletha her bracelet and she’ll drop the curtain, revealing two more statues. Notice the four words at the top and the rings around each pillar below them.
10. Go back to the first room and use the gold key to open the compartment under the pink table. Take the sleeping bust from inside. Also, place the upward facing bust above the right placard to get a snake.
11. Place the sleeping bust above the placard to the left of Amphirite and then take the bioluminescent orb. Also, use the clue from the other room to solve the puzzle on the pink table. The words each had rings under them, as so:
Wisdom = 3 = III
Integrity = 8 = VIII
Peace = 4 = IV
Health = 7 = VII
Move the rings so each word lines up with the correct Roman numeral. The size of each pillar tells you how big each ring should be. It should match the image below.
12. Water fills the grooves in the wall. Notice the directions it’s flowing. Also, place the broken statue in the pool to fix it. Notice the compass above it, too.
13. Go back to the second room and place the orb inside the lantern. Then take the sword. Place the restored bust above the placard to the right and take the shield. Give the shield to Athena. Also, place the snake with the Asclepius statue and then focus on the green puzzle on the wall.
14. Now, let’s solve the green puzzle on the wall. You need to move the gem in the middle in the same directions that the water was flowing in the other room. But the compass above the water has North to the right. So you need to orient yourself accordingly. So it should go North, West, South, East, North, East. Then take the gemstone topper.
15. Go back to the first room and place the sword in Themis’ hand and the gemstone topper on Amphirite’s staff. Then head through the newly opened door for the final trial.
16. Now we have to solve the final trial. Rotate the green arrows so that they’ll lead Xochi around to step on every tile. Then tap on her when you’re ready for her to walk the path.
And that’s the end of Chapter 5! Click here to continue to Chapter 6 or choose a chapter below.
Chapter 1 | Chapter 2 | Chapter 3 | Chapter 4 | Chapter 5 | Chapter 6 | Chapter 7 | Chapter 8
This Post Has 16 Comments
First of all, I wanted to say thank you so much for doing these! I love being able to read these for hints on how to do it myself rather than just seeing the answer in a video. I always want to figure out the logic behind it!
Which is where I’m very stuck on step 5 here in chapter 5. Where does the 8421 come from? (I’m with you on the 9,1,7,13) And how do we get triangle dash dash triangle for 9? (and so on) It seems like to write 9 it would be the line for 3, repeated 3 times, but obviously there’s not enough space for that. I’m very lost on this one- any additional explanation would be awesome. Thank you again!╬ô├╢┬╝Γö£├¡
The stone slab you can see through the glass on the right hand side explains the numbering system. ItΓò¼├┤Γö£├ºΓö£├╗s a bit confusing, but the dashΓò¼├┤Γö£├ºΓö£├╗s are equal to 0, the triangles have a different value depending on their position in 1st, 2nd, 3rd or 4th place. If a triangle is in the first position it equals 8, in the second it equals 4 and so on. So to get a total of 9, you can add 8 and 1 = 9+1 = triangle dash dash triangle. I hope that helps!
Got it, I see it now! Them being different depending on what position definitely threw me- I never would have gotten that one on my own!
Triangle puzzle is similar to the binary system (not sure if i wrote it correct)
When you return a number from binary to decimal (again not sure about words) number system you need to multiply your number (triangle = 0, Γò¼├┤Γö£├ºΓö£Γöñ = 0) from the end to the beginning by the base of the number system ( 2 ) to the exponent of the order of the number
Γò¼├┤Γö£┬¼Γö£├æΓò¼├┤Γö£├ºΓö£ΓöñΓò¼├┤Γö£├ºΓö£ΓöñΓò¼├┤Γö£├ºΓö£Γöñ = Γò¼├┤Γö£├ºΓö£Γöñ*2^0 + Γò¼├┤Γö£├ºΓö£Γöñ*2^1 + Γò¼├┤Γö£├ºΓö£Γöñ*2^2 + Γò¼├┤Γö£┬¼Γö£├æ*2^3 = 0 + 0 + 0 + 8 = 8
The order of the number is counted from the end and starts from zero (3, 2, 1, 0)
Γò¼├┤Γö£┬¼Γö£├æΓò¼├┤Γö£┬¼Γö£├æΓò¼├┤Γö£├ºΓö£ΓöñΓò¼├┤Γö£┬¼Γö£├æ = 1*2^0 + 0*2^1 + 1*2^2 + 1*2^3 = 1 + 0 + 4 + 8 = 13
Cassandra, the triangles and dashes are binary. A triangle is a 1 and a dash is a 0. 001, 010, 011, 100, 101, 110, 111, 1000, etc. The slab in the sea makes sense when you count in binary.
My arsenal door looks very different from the walkthrough. “The arsenal door is missing a panel”, how do I get the panel.
Thank you guys for the help, I don’t even know what binary math is so this one was over my head. Grateful for this here! Love Haiku games though, they are the best!
Step 14 isn’t working for me. Is there a glitch?
Yes, it is! I wasted all my stars on that puzzle, still didn’t work. When you restart the chapter it will work, you’ll also see the color of the gem is slightly different. Good luck!
Refresh the mini game with the button on the lower left corner. Then try again.
I figured it out. You drag the characterΓò¼├┤Γö£├ºΓö£├╗s face token onto the first triangle and she will follow the path you created. Took me a minute of tapping wildly. xD
Arrow* not triangle. Sorry. That binural code got in my head. Haha
The image for the last mini game isnΓò¼├┤Γö£├ºΓö£├╗t working for me. Has anyone else had this issue? The game with the arrows and tiles
Step 14 is also not working for me. I have restarted numerous times and moved the gem in the correct directions but nothing. IΓò¼├┤Γö£├ºΓö£├╗m guessing itΓò¼├┤Γö£├ºΓö£├╗s one of HaikuΓò¼├┤Γö£├ºΓö£├╗s famous fidgety puzzles itΓò¼├┤Γö£├ºΓö£├╗s known for in some of its games. This is where I lose interest..,
Uhm hi it won╬ô├ç├ût let me move the curtain to get the bust╬ô├ç┬¬.
My game had a glitch with the cylinders puzzle when I had reset it would recognize all of them as empty so I couldn’t make any moves. Thankfully it was fixed when I closed and reopened the app.