By: Pico People / Roman Jahn
Avolteha is a point-and-click adventure similar to those from Amanita Design. There are no words and everything is explained through thought bubbles. It can be tricky at times, so this walkthrough should help if you get stuck. Feel free to ask for extra help in the comments section.
You can see the first part of my video walkthrough here. Continue below for my step-by-step guide.
1. Open the mailbox and read your mail. It’s something about water.
2. Head inside your house. Try to turn on the faucet and notice nothing comes out.
3. Pick up the glass of water from the table. Also, read through the book next to it. Then leave your house.
4. Head right to the next screen. Talk to the guy eating chips. He wants a glass of water, so give it to him. In exchange, you’ll get what appears to be some anti-gravity device.
5. Continue right to the next screen. There are plants blocking the middle path so continue on to the next screen again.
6. Pick up the axe. Then use the telescope to look at the floating city in the sky.
7. Go back a screen and use the axe to chop down the plants in the middle. Then head down the ladder.
8. Grab the key on the first platform. Continue down the ladder and you’ll meet a lava creature. But he blocks your way to the right. Run left to see he also blocks you from getting to the plants. So let’s go back up the ladder.
9. Head left to find the chips guy asleep (only if you did all of step 8). Grab the chips from the bag next to him. Then feed them to the weird creature to the left. It will throw a shell down the hole.
10. Go down the ladder here and use the key you found to open the floor door. Then push the rock down there. Look down to see it sitting there.
11. Go back up the ladder and head right again. Go down hole again and this time go all the way down to the bottom of the ladder.
12. Head left and watch what happens to the lava creature. He bumps into the rock and gets stunned! Now you can pick one of the water plants.
13. If you go right, he’s blocking your way again. You can feed him the water plant, but he immediately goes back to blocking your path. So go pick another water plant.
14. Notice the bug on the ceiling above the lava creature. Throw the water plant up there and it will give him a shower. He’ll move and let you cross. Head right to the next area.
15. Continue right again until you see a few houses. Enter the first house and grab the cane, bow and arrow, and rope. Combine the rope with the bow and arrow. Talk to the guy here. He wants a piece of a mushroom. Grab some wood chips from the floor. Roll up the rug and then head down the ladder.
16. Grab the ladle to the left and the saw to the right. Open the machine door with flames on it and grab the bucket from inside. Head back up and leave the house.
17. Go back left and use the saw to cut off a piece of what I think is a mushroom.
18. Go back right and enter the first house again. Give the carver the piece of mushroom and he’ll give you some sort of disc in return. Leave the house.
19. Notice the steam coming out of a hole. You can look down and see lava. Use the bucket to collect some.
20. Enter the second house. Notice the two paintings on the wall about getting water from clouds. Talk to the guy cooking. It looks like he wants a vase for his flowers. Leave the house.
21. Here it gets a bit weird. Notice the small cloud that looks different from the others. Shoot at it with your bow and arrow and use the rope to pull it down. Now we have a cloud!
22. Enter the third house. Grab the broken pitcher from the floor. Talk to the guy here. He needs help making a fire. Throw the wood chips on the fire to make it happen. Then talk to him again. He wants help fixing his window. Leave the house.
23. Combine the ladle with the broken pitcher. Then use it with the lava hole to melt down the glass.
24. Go back to the first house and move the stool aside. Then steal half the window.
25. Go back to the third house and give the guy the window part. He gives you another piece for the disc in exchange. Combine it with the disc.
26. Go back down the ladder. Place the meted glass in the mold part of the machine. Place the bucket of lava in the fire section and then cloud in the water section. The machine will turn on. Flip the switch to make your vase. Then take it and leave.
27. Go back to the second house and place the flowers on the table into the vase. Talk to the guy again and he asks for a lamp shade.
28. Don’t be shy! Go back to the third house and use the cane to grab the mushroom cap off the coat rack. Then go back to the second house bad place it on the lamp. Talk to the guy again and he gives you the third piece for your disc. Combine them to complete it.
29. Continue right. There’s a guard blocking your path. He wants the disc you have, so give it to him. He lets you pass.
30. Walk along the bridge and then grab the grappling hook. Combine it with the rope and then use the grappling hook with the cloud to get across.
31. Once across, grab the cloud and grappling hook to add them to your bag. Then head inside the door. Grab the wire(?) from the table and then leave.
32. Continue along the ladder. Stop to press the button and you get electrocuted. Continue on and enter through the next door. Talk to the astronomer. Surprise surprise, he wants water. Head up the stairs.
33. Talk to the artist. It seems he needs an idea for what to paint. You also can’t take the paint brush. He might need to be distracted first. Take a look at the painting that shows you how to control electricity.
34. Head through the door and cross the bridge to the next building. The door is locked! Instead, use the grappling hook on the bridge and then climb down to the door below you. Head inside.
35. Take the plant from the table. Now we have a machine that can extract water from the cloud, but first we have to figure out how to keep the cloud from floating off. (If you lose it, use the step-stool to recover it.) Place the plant down on the machine. Place the cloud under the glass cover. Then move the cover onto the machine. The water will automatically fill the glass. Grab the glass and key from the table.
36. Lift up the screen and use the key to unlock the control panel behind it. There’s a lot of confusing wires. Leave for now and we’ll come back to it.
37. Climb down the ladder. Head through the door. There’s some electricity here and a machine and an elevator if we can just get it working. Look at the two diagrams on the monitor. They should help us get the elevator working.
38. Leave and take the ladder back up to the other room. Examine the control panel again. Make sure to flip the switch up so it turns green and moves the arrow so it’s pointing up. Then rotate the wheels so the wires match the diagram on the monitor. It should look like this a Dan both lights should go on.
39. Head back down the ladder and back to the other room. Examine the control panel and flip the switch horizontally to match the diagram. The light should go on.
40. Now the elevator control panel should work. Press the button on the left, second from the top and then open the door and go through. The elevator will take you to a new room.
41. There’s a washing machine here and also another control panel. This one looks more complicated. Mess with the switches until you get the arrow pointing at the image of the door. Keep messing with them until the light next it turns on. Now the door should be open. If you want the door and the washing machine on at the same time, copy my solution:
42. Head through the door to the left to get back to the artist’s studio. Notice the diagrams on the wall, including a new one.
43. Head downstairs to the astronomer and give him the cup of water. He gives you some device in exchange. Talk to him again and he wants you to open up the dome so he can use his telescope. The problem is, you get electrocuted when you try. That is, unless you copied my photo exactly. To turn off the electricity for that button, turn off the switch on the lower right of the panel. Here it is again.
44. Now open the control panel by the dome. Remove the yellow wire and replace it with the red striped one like so:
45. Now go back up to the main control panel and turn on the dome power again. It’s the lower right switch. It should look like this:
46. Go back to the telescope control box and press the up arrow until the window opens. Go back inside and talk to the astronomer. He’s happy now!
47. Go upstairs and talk tot he painter. He wants you to fill his ink pot. So grab it.
48. Head back to the washing machine room and take the elevator to the top floor.
49. Here, grab the octopus, the seed packet and the scissors. You can also look at the framed drawing on the wall for a cute reaction. Use the octopus with that same drawing to make it spray ink. Then refill the ink bottle from it.
50. Use the scissors with the seed packet to open the package and get a seed.
51. Take the elevator back to the second floor from the top and give the ink to the artist. He’ll give you a panel that’s similar to the one that’s on the elevator controls.
52. Go back to the elevator. Take it back down to the bottom floor.
53. Attach the panel to the elevator controls. Now you can access the buttons on the right! Let’s start with the bottom floor.
54. Walk to the platform in the middle of the room and you’ll fall through a hole!
55. Pick up the red bottle, the watering can and the green ball. Place the seed in the planter and use the watering can to water it. It’s not growing yet.
56. Feed the green ball to the weird red creature on the wall and you’ll get teleported to another room with a green creature on the wall.
57. Place the red bottle in the machine with the other and turn it on. Then take the red ball. You can use it with the green creature to get back to the red creature. But don’t.
58. Use the elevator to get to the third floor on the right.
59. Talk to the guy here. He gives you some nuts and bolts and asks you to use them to catch the flies.
More coming soon!