Adventure Escape Mysteries – On Thin Ice
By: Haiku Games
Haiku Games is back with a new Adventure Escape game, another Kate Gray mystery. Kate is back from her ordeal in Echo Bay, and just as she and Murphy head out on their first sushi date, disaster strikes; a trusted co-worker betrays the police station; a ransomware gang turns to murder; and a blizzard locks down the city. This walkthrough guide should help you if you get stuck on any of the puzzles in Chapter 2 of On Thin Ice. Feel free to ask for extra help in the comments section.
You can watch my video for Chapter 2 or continue below for my step-by-step guide:
1. We’re back at the police department and Penny reacts oddly to the photo of the woman named Sticks. Show it to her again. She tells you the woman is named Sara Stikowski and that she’s a negotiator.
2. Penny and Kate head to Sticks’ office building to try to find out more. A robot interferes, though. First, move the plant aside to reveal a switch. Hit it and the hanging sculpture will fall, breaking. You’ll then get a sculpture shard.
3. Talk to Lobby Bot and ask all four questions. Three of them will give you important info. Pay attention to the bolded words: FIRST, CENTRAL, LAST. They’re telling you which symbols go first, second and third.
4. Now let’s open the locked box using those three symbols. Then take the copper wire.
5. Lobby Bot shorted out! Wrap the wire around him. Then, move the plant aside to reveal a hidden door. Use the sculpture shard to open it. Then take the toolbox out and get the screwdriver from it. Also grab the ladder.
6. Use the screwdriver to remove the light switch. Also, place the ladder under the light fixture and take the flash capacitor.
7. Tap on the wire and place the flash capacitor and light switch down. Then switch it on. Instead, it breaks Lobby Bot. Pick up the computer chips.
8. Place the computer chips in Lobby Bot. Let’s solve the Reprogram puzzle. Place all the chips on the grid so that they connect with matching patterns in every direction.
9. Lobby Bot is now willing to help you because Sticks is a criminal. Enter the elevator. There’s no button for the 10th floor, but Penny remembers Sticks entering four numbers. First, use the screwdriver to remove the panel above the buttons. It reveals four patterns. Look at the computer chips again and you can make out four numbers. Put them in order of the patterns on the elevator — 4365. Then press the 4365 buttons on the elevator.
10. Sticks is still in her office when you arrive. Talk to her. First, Kate has to convince Sticks that she has a grievance. Tap on Sticks to talk to her. Then choose these dialogue options:
“We never get a reward.”
“I have Hacksaw’s evidence.”
11. Place the hard drive on the table. Then, choose this dialogue option:
(think about dinner)
Penny will try to arrest her, but she escapes via smoke bomb!
12. Grab the fan and move the chair. Then plug in the fan to blow away all the smoke.
13. Pick up the doll, fan, bookcase ornaments, curtain rope, duct tape, and hard drive. But Penny will hold the hard drive for now.
14. Use the tape to fix the lamp and get it. Use the curtain rope to reach the key hanging from the chandelier.
15. Use the key to unlock the safe and grab the Polaroids
16. Now we have almost everything we need for the bookshelves. We’re just missing one item. Examine the photos and take the clamp. Spread the photos out and notice the scared girl.
17. Use the clamp to get the plaque stuck under the bookshelves.
18. Now we have everything we need. Place them all on the shelves. Then look at the photos to figure out how to arrange them.
19. The elevator is broken. They’ll have to climb down! Let’s solve the Elevator Shaft puzzle. Swap the tiles to create a path for Kate and Penny. Their paths will overlap. You can follow the path I made below. Press the GO! button when you’re ready.
20. We’re back in the lobby. Lobby Bot cries for help, so pick him up and watch the end of the chapter.
And that’s the end of Chapter 2! Click here to continue to Chapter 3 or choose a chapter below.