Adventure Escape Mysteries – Clue: The Murder of Mr. Black
By: Haiku Games
Haiku Games is back with a new Adventure Escape game, this time a special event only available for 30 days. It’s based on the game Clue and features all the different characters from there. Mr. Black has been murdered and we have to figure out who did it, with what weapon, and where. This walkthrough guide should help you if you get stuck on any of the puzzles in Chapter 2 of Clue: The Murder of Mr. Black. Feel free to ask for extra help in the comments section.
You can watch my video for Chapter 2 or continue below for my step-by-step guide:
1. We’re back in the main hall and Mr. Black’s body is bleeding. Take a look at it and open his jacket to find the bloody dagger. Also, take the pink fuse from his pocket and notice the new notes added to your journal.
2. Tap on the fuse box. Professor Plum will tell you that one of the fuses is missing. Tap on the fuse box again and replace the pink fuse.
3. Now solve the second Fuse Puzzle. It’s just like the last one but a little trickier. You can use my video if you’re stuck.
4. Now power has gone on in another room. Head over there.
5. The door is locked and someone’s trapped inside. Tap on one of the squares on the door to press it in. The person will say they have a similar pattern on the other side and asks for pen and paper. So grab the paper card from the flowers and the pen from the drawer. Slide them under the door.
6. She’ll pass back a pattern drawing. Pick it up and look at it in your inventory.
7. Copy the pattern on the door, but notice where the door handle is on the drawing. You need to reverse everything. It should look like this:
8. The door unlocks. Head through to meet Solicitor Peacock in the Library. After you finish talking to her, notice your notebook has been updated.
9. There’s a few things to do here. Pick up the schematics for the safe and grab the hex key inside. Move the plant aside and take the key card. Pull the lever on the sofa chair and get another hex key. Tap on the gold books on the shelf to get another hex key. There’s also a locked briefcase under the couch that we’ll have to figure out how to open. Also notice the locked safe and look outside the window to see a gun! Grab the small key from the planter.
10. Push the ladder to the left and take the family crest. Also, now you can climb up the ladder and get the gold book. Use the key to unlock the briefcase and get another gold book. And use the key card to open the panel and reveal the safe.
11. Push the ladder back right and place the family crest in the slot on the wall. Then take the rope ladder.
12. Throw the rope ladder out the window and climb down to retrieve the gun and another hex wrench.
13. Now, look at the safe and at the schematics again so we can figure out how to open it. The schematics say:
Manual Override: If you forget your combination, use the included hex keys to remove the front panel and reset the system. Always keep the hex keys secured. So use all four hex keys to remove the screws and open the safe.
14. Now we have to crack the safe by solving a maze puzzle. Use the gear buttons to rotate the maze and guide the ball into its matching colored slot. Use the red and blue switches to open and close the maze’s colored walls. You can use my video if you need help.
15. Look through all the documents inside the safe and then take the last gold book. Also, look through your notebook to see all the new clues added to it.
16. Place the three gold books with the others on the shelf. They’ll reveal a hidden safe! Take the projector slides and audio tape. Then look at the two newspaper articles that show Colonel Mustard is a fraud! Look at your updated journal, too.
17. There’s some knocking coming from the room to the left. Head over there to witness Colonel Mustard breaking down the door. Then meet him in the Lounge.
18. After talking to Colonel Mustard, you’ll pick up the tassel/rope he dropped. Look through your journal to see all the new notes. (Peacock’s info seems to have updated late.)
19. Find the star under the blanket on the couch and another star inside the drawer. Move the CITY magazine aside to find a silver key. Then look at the window and take the blinds wand. Also, move the left curtain aside to see that the tassel is missing, which must be what Colonel Mustard had. There’s also a box with a star symbols note on top. Take the note and look at it. We can’t open the box yet. Also, look at the updated journal.
20. Use the silver key to open the drawer and get the triangle pendant. Also, use the blinds wand to pull down the screen for the projector.
21. Go back to the window and place the triangle pendant on the box. Then take the lens.
22. Attach the lens to the telescope and then look through. Tap on each of the numbers and make note of the constellations. I recommend taking photos.
23. Look at the star symbols note again and find the letters that correspond to the symbols you saw in each constellation. Note down the letters and you end up with VIEW.
24. Enter VIEW into the combination lock. Then take the projector from inside the closet.
25. Place the projector on the table and insert the slides to look at them. They’re of Mayor Green and he’s up to something shady! Colonel Mustard will reappear to add some details. Talk to him again and he’ll give you the third star. Also, look through your journal for updated notes on Mayor Green.
26. Place all three stars at the base of the statue. A secret passage will be revealed! It leads to the Conservatory. Go down and then tap on that room on the map to go there.
27. Mayor Green is already waiting for us in the Conservatory. After he leaves, look at your updated notes.
28. First pick up the pipe to add more clues to your journal. Grab the valve from the plant. Look at the bloody handprints to get another clue for your journal. Also the dug up plants.
29. Move the rug aside to reveal some loose floor tiles. Place the valve on the pipe and turn it to fix the water line. Then look at the sink and grab the tile. Turn on the water in the sink to flush out the key. Pick it up from under the sink.
30. Use the key to open the cabinet with the bloody handprints. Take the trowel and the tile from inside.
31. Look at the painting on the wall. Add the two tiles you found and solve the tile swapping puzzle.
32. Use the solution from that puzzle to open the combination lock. Just start with the purple flowers and follow the path, marking down the flowers you see, ending with pink. This is how it should look. Then take the map from inside the cabinet and get the battery.
33. The map shows you where to dig with the trowel. Use the the trowel to first lift up that floor tile and then dig up the dirt. Grab the money as more clues for your journal and then grab the screwdriver.
34. Tap on the table and turn the teddy bear over to reveal a hidden compartment. Use the screwdriver to open it and get the battery. There’s also a cassette player but that’s missing two batteries. We have them now, so replace them and then play the audio tape from your bag. More clues will be added to your journal but we can’t look at them yet. And that completes the chapter!
And that’s the end of Chapter 2! Click here to continue to Chapter 3 or choose a chapter below.