Adventure Escape Mysteries – Clue: The Murder of Mr. Black
By: Haiku Games
Haiku Games is back with a new Adventure Escape game, this time a special event only available for 30 days. It’s based on the game Clue and features all the different characters from there. Mr. Black has been murdered and we have to figure out who did it, with what weapon, and where. This walkthrough guide should help you if you get stuck on any of the puzzles in Chapter 3 of Clue: The Murder of Mr. Black. Feel free to ask for extra help in the comments section.
You can watch my video for Chapter 3 or continue below for my step-by-step guide:
1. We’re back in the main hall. Everyone is gathered and a bruise has appeared on Mr. Black’s forehead. Take a look and find the bruise to add more information to your journal.
2. Talk to all six suspects. Then make sure Colonel Mustard lets you see the fuse box. A fuse is missing again! Talk to Professor Plum and he’ll show you where it is, but you can’t reach it. Talk to Miss Scarlet again and she’ll move aside. Grab a branch from the vase. Then use it to reach the fuse.
3. Replace the fuse and let’s solve another Fuse Puzzle.
4. Use the map to head to the next room.
5. Grab the light bulb from the basket and then replace the missing bulb. Notice the lines under each bulb, going from 1 to 4. Light them in that order, 1234. Then take the Ballroom key.
6. Use the key to unlock the door and head through to the Ballroom.
7. Open the piano and grab the floor tile. Open the drawer to find another floor tile. There’s yet another behind the curtain. Also, grab the matches from the floor.
8. Use the the matches to light all three candles on the candelabra and get a key.
9. Use the key to unlock the drawer under the candelabra and get the gloves. There’s some broken glass with another floor tile behind it. Use the gloves to get it. Also, check your updated notebook.
10. Place all four tiles on the floor and then take the dance book from the piano chair.
11. Open the dance book and take the piano key. Also look through the book to see the dance moves.
12. Use the piano key to unlock the piano.
13. Now we have to play a tune on the piano based on the dance book and the floor tiles. Notice the piano has the same symbols you see on the dance floor. Start with the first page of the book and the footprint in the blue sun. Find that same symbol on the dance floor. Then follow the arrow — up 3 — to the next symbol and then right 4 to the purple footprint and play that symbol on the piano. Continue doing this. I’ve mapped it out for you. You need to play four notes in the end, the purple ones. Here’s the first page. The pink numbers are the symbols you play.
14. And here’s the second page.
15. This is the order you play the four notes on the piano.
16. Grab the Kitchen keys from behind the painting. Then use the map to head to the Kitchen.
17. Grab the butter knife. Use the Kitchen key to unlock the drawer below the flowers, then take the duct tape. Also, pull down the painting to reveal a panel that’s screwed on.
18. Use the duct tape to fix the loose wires and use the butter knife to remove the screws. Then pull the lever to release the hatches on the door. And last, use the Kitchen key to unlock the door and head through.
19. We’re now in the Kitchen. Open the fridge to get a mug. Open the bottom cabinet and pull out a locked toolbox. Open the top cabinet to get some pills that will get added to your notebook as a clue. Also take the drawer handle. Notice the pie recipe guide and the painting above the fireplace.
20. Place the drawer handle on the drawer. Open the drawer and take the key card. Also, look at the drawing that shows a hidden panel near the fridge.
21. Push the fridge to the left and then use the key card in the scanner to reveal a hidden passage. Climb down the ladder.
22. Now we’re in some catacombs. Let’s solve the Secret Passage Puzzle. Use the arrows, levers, and keys to navigate through the creepy catacombs. Make sure to pick up a new candle before your current one runs out.
23. Now use the map to get to Mr. Black’s Study. It’s the final room!
24. Pick up the phone to add another clue to your notebook. Find the step ladder in a cabinet and the frozen pyramid in the ice bucket. Also, remove the painting to reveal a puzzle and notice the stairs that lead back to the kitchen. There are also some items on the bookshelves in the back but we’ll get to that later. Last, tap on the desk and then take the keys.
25. Use the keys to unlock the glass cabinets and take the model car. Then place both the car and mug with the others on the shelf. Then take the stairs back to the Kitchen.
26. Use the keys to unlock the toolbox and get a pyramid. Use the step ladder to reach the loose ceiling tile and grab the bloody wrench to add to your notebook. There’s also another pyramid in there. And last, place the frozen pyramid in the pot on the stove and turn on the stove to melt the ice. Then take it back. Now we have three pyramids!
27. Go back to the Study and place the three pyramids in the slots on the wall. Then take the chalice and look at the blueprints that show a secret passage that connects through the fireplace. Also, take the brass horse.
28. Go back to the Kitchen. Place the chalice above the fireplace to reveal a hidden puzzle.
29. Take another look at the pie recipe guide. Notice the drawings of the mug, car and clock in the book. It’s telling you to look at the mugs, cars and clocks. So go do that. Let’s focus on the mugs first. Pay attention to the directions of the handles, starting from the top and making your way down. You end up with Left, Right, Left, Right. So then, go to the measuring cups chart and start at 1 at the top. Then go left, right, left, right, noting down the numbers you encounter. You end up with 18261. Look at the recipe book again and find that number. It’s Strawberry! So the first button to press in the fireplace is the Strawberry.
30. Now let’s work on the next button. Look at the cars and see which way they’re pointing. We get Right, Right, Left, Left. Do the same thing as before with the measuring chart and we get 14822, which is the Banana. So the second button is Banana.
31. And last, let’s work on the clocks. They go Left, Left, Left, Right. So map it out again on the measuring chart and you get 18653, which is Chicken. So the third button is the Chicken.
32. Go to the fireplace and press the three buttons in order: Strawberry, Banana, Chicken.
33. Tap on the fireplace and grab the torn paper. Then head through the hidden passage in the fireplace to the Dining Room. Check your updated notebook.
34. Place the brass horse above the fireplace to reveal a hidden safe. Grab the address book from inside.
35. Take the address book back to the Study and place it next to the phone. Look at the scrap of paper again and compare it to the names in the book. The closest one is HALARIE. So pick up the phone and call 959-4139. Then ask for HALARIE. You’ll learn that Chef White stole money from Mr. Black.
36. Now we’re back in the main hall. Look through your notebook to see what’s been added and then question each of the suspects.
37. Now we have to choose WHO killed Mr. Black, WHAT was used to kill Mr. Black, and WHERE was Mr. Black killed? The answers are:
Accuse her and then watch the ending to see the explanation and what happened to to all the characters.
Congratulations! You caught Mr. Black’s killer!