Where Shadows Slumber
By: Game Revenant
Game Revenant’s Where Shadows Slumber is like Monument Valley with shadows. You play as Obe and carry around this mysterious lantern that creates shadows that change your environment. It can be tricky at times, so I made this guide to both offer tips and tricks and also a straight walkthrough if you need more specific help. Feel free to ask for extra help in the comments section.
Tips & Tricks:
– Walk around pillars to see what happens when the shadow passes over the rest of the room. You often need to experiment before you can map out a plan.
– Some items can be manipulated directly. Look for objects, such as platforms and pillars, that change color. That means they’re active and you can move them. Try pulling them up and down, left and right, or even rotate them. Each one will behave differently.
– Pay attention to individual lights. They can preserve an object or small area if you keep them on while a shadow passes over everything.
– There are lots of buttons in this game. Again, experiment to see what they do. Sometimes they activate a platform or pillar so you’re able to move it. Other times, they might move a chandelier to the other side of the room. Just take note of what happens so you can plan out how to use them to complete the level.
– There are sometimes people walking very zombie-like along a path. You usually need to guide them to different buttons and switches so they can step on them for you. It’s similar to the crow people in Monument Valley.
– The game does have a few glitches. If something doesn’t seem right and you’re dreadfully stuck, try restarting a level in case a glitch was preventing you from doing what you were supposed to.
– Just experiment and have fun!
Prelude, Forest + Chapter 1, Jail:
Forest: Levels 1 Fallen, 2 Bridge, 3 Monolith, Wardens
Jail: Escape, 1 Light, 2 Detour, 3 Lock, 4 Ascent, 5 Pressure, Lion
Chapter 2, River:
Levels 1 Docks, 2 Cage, 3 Guide, 4 Ebb, 5 Ferry, Wolf
Chapter 3, Aqueduct:
Beach, 1 Noria, 2 Tradeoff, 3 Anchor, 4 Torus, 5 Island, Leopard
Chapter 4, City:
Levels 1 Slum, 2 Alley, 3 Tower, 4 Fountain, 5 Labyrinth, King
Chapter 5, Hills:
Levels 1 Cemetery, 2 Family, 3 Ray, 4 Henge, 5 Rest, Home
Chapter 6, Summit:
Level 3, Chains:
Level 5, Guide:
Chapter 7, Paradise:
Level 2, Pond:
Level 5, Gates:
More coming soon!
Note: Sometimes a promo code is provided for a game, but it does not affect the review in any way. At AppUnwrapper, we strive to provide reviews of the utmost quality.
Check out my recommended list for other games you might like.
If you like what you see on AppUnwrapper.com, please consider supporting the site through Patreon. Every little bit helps and is greatly appreciated. You can read more about it here. And as always, if you like what you see, please help others find it by sharing it.
I also offer affordable testing and consulting for iOS developers.
COPYRIGHT NOTICE © AppUnwrapper 2011-2020. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog's author is strictly prohibited. Links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to AppUnwrapper with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.