Forever Lost: Episode 3
By: Glitch Games
This is a walkthrough guide that will help you get through the map/cave puzzle in the iOS and Android game Forever Lost: Episode 3 by Glitch Games. Feel free to ask for extra help in the comments section.
If you’re trying to get the cave door open, follow these steps. You’ll need certain items to make a map first. If you don’t have the items necessary to make the map yet, you might want to come back here when you do, so as to avoid spoilers.
Items needed: Developer paper, developer fluid (you must make it using the recipe which is behind the empty bottle of developer fluid, coffee, washing soda, vitamin C, and distilled water), arrow flag.
1. Let’s make the map. Once you have all the necessary items, go to the dark room in cabin/trailer 18 (the photographer’s home). First, we need to make some developer fluid. Look at the recipe for developer fluid and then add the washing soda, the coffee, vitamin C and water to the tray.
2. Look at the instructions for developing film and then follow them. So first, place the film in the enlarger. Then, place the photo paper on the tray. Press the red button for five seconds to expose the film.
3. Pick up the photo paper. Then go to the developer fluid and place the photo paper in it. Watch the picture form on the paper and take it out to get the map.
4. Time to use the map! Take it out and look at it. The green triangle represents the obelisk. Go back to Elysium Forest and head to the obelisk. You’re supposed to take the middle path, because the green side of the obelisk points that way.
5. Place the red arrow flag on the flagpole and then go right, since it points that direction.
6. Go into the shed. Make sure you solved the lever puzzle already and the back door is open. Go through. Continue along the bridge until you come to two doors. Take the red door, then the yellow door, then the blue door.
7. Next, the map tells you that both signs are lying. So take the left path that says “NOT THIS WAY.”
8. Go up the stairs to the left, then down into the well, and out through the door.
9. Continue straight. You’re at the mausoleum again. Notice the cross or plus sign on the map. The left footprint had plus signs on it, so take the left path.
10. Tap on the tree stump. For this part, you need to refer to the eye on the map. You need to make the shape of an eye using the central dial and the two sliders. To do so, use a different finger for each one. The second you let go, they’ll move back to their original positions. There’s no “solving” this part of the puzzle. It just points you at the correct cave entrance, which is the right one. NOTE: If you messed up at any point on this path, you’ll have to start back at the obelisk and do it all over again.
11. Take the right path and go into the cave. It’s dark, so use the lantern fuel with the lantern, then use the lighter to light it.
If you need more help with the game, see my complete step-by-step Forever Lost Episode 3 walkthrough.