Adventure Escape Mysteries – Psychic Squad: The Italian Affair
By: Haiku Games
Haiku Games is back with a new Adventure Escape game, called Psychic Squad: The Italian Affair. You play as Jacqueline Falco, who talks to ghosts, and Khaled Nasab, who sees the future. Together, they solve crime for Interpol’s Psychic Squad. This walkthrough guide should help you if you get stuck on any of the puzzles in Chapter 3. Feel free to ask for extra help in the comments section.
Chapter 3, Pompeii:
You can watch my video for Chapter 3 or continue below for my step-by-step guide.
1. The elevator is broken! You’re trapped! Friar Teodor shares a clue — “When one door closes, another opens.” So close the trap door where the elevator came up to reveal a lantern. Grab it.
2. The second clue is “Light a new way.” Notice the hook on the side of the bookshelves and place the lantern there. Then grab a bit of candle from the seance spot and light it. The shelves will move, revealing a new door!
3. Pick up the puzzle pieces and then tap on the new door. Place the puzzle pieces down and solve the X and O Puzzle by rotating the pieces and placing them on the board so they all fit neatly. Then go through the door.
4. You’re back at Interpol. Show the scroll to Khaled.
5. They head off to 4 Via Della Fortuna, Pompeii. Bernardo lived there. Show the scroll photocopy to the guy here so he’ll be distracted.
6. Pick up the cheat sheet and look at it. It tells you how to translate Roman numerals. Pull down the tarp and grab the metal leaf. Notice the sign that says IV VIA DELLA FORTUNA, as well as the padlock on the door. Look through the bushes for some water controls and pick up the mosaic chunk.
7. Look at the sign again. This time, bring out the Roman numeral cheat sheet. Find all the letters in the address that can be turned into Roman numerals. You get:
IV = 4
VI = 6
D = 500
L = 50
L = 50
Add them up and you get 4 + 6 + 500 + 50 + 50 = 610
So enter 610 into the lock to open it.
8. The man will show you inside and introduce himself as Lorenzo Guaraldi. He tells you this place is called The House of the Lonely Princess. And Jacqueline needs to talk to the Princess. First, pull down all the tarps. Grab the cleaning equipment. Then look at the statue of Bernardo. Take the metal leaf from him.
9. Go back outside and grab the other mosaic chunk from the table.
10. Go back inside and place the two mosaic chunks with the mosaic on the floor. Then use the cleaning supplies to help Lorenzo clean it. Notice her name is Aeliana and the year is DCCCXXXII. Let’s translate that. Pull out the cheat sheet. Using the cheat sheet you get 500 + 100 + 100 + 100 + 10 + 10 + 10 + 2 = 832. Also, the palm tree is a clue we’ll come back to.
11. Grab the seance kit from Jacqueline’s bag to start the seance.
12. Now to summon her. You should have all the information you need.
I summon you by your name, Princess… Aeliana.
You died here at Via Della Fortuna, house number… 4.
In your year… 832.
13. Aeliana appears! She tells you Bernardo didn’t kill her and that the scrolls will help you. She’ll pull a safe out from the wall that wasn’t visible before. Lorenzo will give you his key. Before going out, grab the metal leaf from the top of the safe.
14. Head back outside. Use the key to unlock the orange lockbox. Take The plaster bottle, wrench, and lubricating oil.
15. Tap on the address sign again and use the wrench to remove the screws and get another metal leaf. We should have all of them now.
16. Tap on the water controls again. Place all four metal leaves down and use the plaster to fix the leak. Use the wrench to fix the stuck leaf. Then arrange the leaves so they match the palm tree from the mosaic.
17. The water turned on inside. Let’s go check it out! The sink is on and the gold ball popped out. Pick it up. Also, pour some plaster in the hand imprint to make a left hand.
18. Tap on the statue and place the hand on the arm to get the second gold ball.
19. Go back to the puzzle with the balls and place the two gold balls down. Use the lubricating oil to loosen up the disc.
20. Now to solve the Circular Safe Puzzle. You need to move the gold balls to the gold end points and the red balls to the red end points. Use the central disc to change their paths.
21. You’re back outside and Lorenzo is gone. Pick up the solar panels.
22. Move the x-ray machine near the scrolls so we can use it to scan them. A cat appears, so tap it to make him move. Then place the solar panel in the sun ray. There’s a lock on it that requires 5 colors. The clue is on the wall! It’s off-white, off-white, blue, off-white, off-white. Enter that into the machine. And that completes the chapter!
And that’s the end of Chapter 3! Click here to continue to Chapter 4 or choose a chapter below.
Note: Sometimes a promo code is provided for a game, but it does not affect the review in any way. At AppUnwrapper, we strive to provide reviews of the utmost quality.
Check out my recommended list for other games you might like.
If you like what you see on AppUnwrapper.com, please consider supporting the site through Patreon. Every little bit helps and is greatly appreciated. You can read more about it here. And as always, if you like what you see, please help others find it by sharing it.
I also offer affordable testing and consulting for iOS developers.
COPYRIGHT NOTICE © AppUnwrapper 2011-2020. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog's author is strictly prohibited. Links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to AppUnwrapper with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.