Alleys is a new 3D adventure game by THEMEr. It takes place in an empty theme park and you need to find four special keys to escape. Much of the game is about looking carefully in and under things for keys, which makes it a bit difficult to make a step-by-step guide, especially since it’s in 3D. But I’m posting videos of my playthrough and I’m also going to include some helpful tips and tricks for those who find themselves hopelessly stuck.
Tips & Tricks:
– Zoom in on things and pan the camera around to find keys and tool cards. They can be easy to miss if you’re not paying close attention. Look up, look down, search every nook and cranny!
– This game has an inventory, but instead of carrying around object in your bag like a ladder, you have Tool Cards. These act the same way as inventory items, but they just look like cards. Unlike most adventure games, you can’t just walk around and try to use them on things. Instead, when you tap on a door or object, the game will either tell you you don’t have the right tool for the job, or it will open your inventory and ask you to find the right card.
– I realized this about 45 minutes into my game and I wish I noticed it sooner, but you can climb up ladders. I was very surprised when I climbed up my first one, as I thought they were just decoration. So be observant and don’t ignore things.
– Make sure to check in at every new place you encounter! Check-in points are needed to unlock certain areas, so you need to accumulate them.
– Don’t worry about spending your keys and running out. The game always has enough lying around as long as you’re observant. You can’t get truly stuck because you spent your keys on a chest instead of a door. If you don’t have enough keys, keep exploring.
– The game keeps a list of goals for you. They’re useful, but you should also make a list for yourself — either physically or mentally — of locked doors and other inaccessible areas you’ve passed by and what’s needed to open them.
– You’ll eventually get a map, but I’m bad at reading maps so it’s not helping me much, but maybe it will help you.
– Puzzle Hint: There’s a door that only opens at a specific time. There’s also a clock somewhere! Work it out. 😉
– Again, explore! So far, there haven’t been any difficult puzzles. It’s more about keeping your eyes open and being willing to retrace your steps to see if you’ve missed anything.
Part 1, First Town Key:
Part 2, Second Town Key:
Part 5, Third Town Key:
Part 6, The Treasure + Phone Booth:
More coming soon!
Note: Sometimes a promo code is provided for a game, but it does not affect the review in any way. At AppUnwrapper, we strive to provide reviews of the utmost quality.
Check out my recommended list for other games you might like.
If you like what you see on AppUnwrapper.com, please consider supporting the site through Patreon. Every little bit helps and is greatly appreciated. You can read more about it here. And as always, if you like what you see, please help others find it by sharing it.
I also offer affordable testing and consulting for iOS developers.
COPYRIGHT NOTICE © AppUnwrapper 2011-2018. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog's author is strictly prohibited. Links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to AppUnwrapper with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.