The Butterfly’s Dream
By: Yang Liu / Plumpbun Studio
The Butterfly’s Dream is a new point-and-click puzzle adventure for iOS and Android devices. It’s completely free and has gorgeous artwork, so make sure to check it out. This walkthrough guide should help you with hints, tips, tricks and solutions if you get stuck. Feel free to ask for extra help in the comments section.
You can watch my video for Chapter 1 or continue below for my step-by-step guide.
1. Move left a bit and talk to Mei. She says you’ve been in a coma for three months and then disappears.
2. Head out to the front yard and then the courtyard.
3. Enter the study. Move the painting to see a pattern of black dots behind it. They kind of look like an arrow.
4. Scroll to the right and move the vase to the shelf to reveal another dotted pattern in one of the cabinets.
4. Scroll all the way left and examine the board. Now, move the black and white pieces around the board to match the two patterns you saw.
5. Head down into the secret chamber. There’s a few things to do down here. Let’s deal with the abacus first. Look at the drawing on the wall. The numbers start from 1 on the right to 15 on the left. It shows you how to arrange the beads for each number.
6. Now look at the colored weights. The yellow ones have three lines on them, so they weigh 3 pounds. The yellow beads are also locked into place, as you don’t need to do anything with them.
7. You need to use the yellow weights to figure out the weight of the other colors. So place the two yellow weights on the left scale and the green one on the right. (They May already be like that.) They level out, so that means green is 6 lbs.
8. If you put the yellow weights and the green weight on the left side, with the red on the right side, they level out. So you know that red is 12 pounds.
9. If you put the yellow weight on one side and the black and white weights on the other, you can see that they level off. That means that the black and white together weight 3 lbs. So one has to be 1 lb. and the other has to be 2.
10. So how to figure out which is which? Simple! Put the white on one side and the black on the other and put a yellow on each side. The lighter side is 1 and the heavier side is 2! So white weighs 1 lb. and black weighs 2 lbs.
11. Now, just look at the poster again and figure out how to arrange all the beads. Or you can copy my solution below.
12. Now a staircase back up unlocks, but there’s more to do down here. If you head all the way to the left, there’s a mysterious seal. Examine it and move the lights to fit the butterfly to the outline.
13. Next, place a thumb inside each of the circles and hold until a giant butterfly forms. Pay attention to the pattern it flaps its wings. It goes:
Left, Left, Left, Right, Left, Left, Right
We’ll use that later.
14. Now, tap the small butterfly a few times and it will head to the staircase and disappear. Follow it. Head up the stairs to the mountain foot.
15. Tap the butterfly and keep tapping it. Follow it all the way left to the mountain side. Head to the mountain side.
16. Keep following the butterfly to a man sitting by a box. Make sure the butterfly lands on the box! It’s Gao, the fortune teller! Talk to him and he asks you to unlock his box for him.
17. Here’s where the butterfly clue comes in. Tap the wings in this order: Left, Left, Left, Right, Left, Left, Right.
Scroll through the scroll until you see it all and then exit the box.
18. Talk to Gao again. He says your friends are waiting for you on the mountain top. He tells you to say the password to the huge stone to the left and then whispers a password, or rather yells it: AAAAAHH! The game also asks for microphone access.
19. Head left until you see a huge stone. Yell at it using your mic until it slides all the way to the left and stays there. Then head up to the mountain top.
20. Head left and talk to Googoo the Jumbo. Then head right again and into the sea of clouds.
21. Trace the black ink with your finger. Then, move your phone around to find the next drawing to trace. There are three in total. After that, you’ll pass out and wake up in bed again in the wing room.
Select the chapter you need below or click here to continue to Chapter 2 of the walkthrough.
This Post Has One Comment
Drive the butterfly toward the chest, it will land on it and then you can enter the pattern from the secret chamber