Adventure Escape Mysteries – On Thin Ice
By: Haiku Games
Haiku Games is back with a new Adventure Escape game, another Kate Gray mystery. Kate is back from her ordeal in Echo Bay, and just as she and Murphy head out on their first sushi date, disaster strikes; a trusted co-worker betrays the police station; a ransomware gang turns to murder; and a blizzard locks down the city. This walkthrough guide should help you if you get stuck on any of the puzzles in On Thin Ice. Feel free to ask for extra help in the comments section.
You can watch my video for Chapter 1 or continue below for my step-by-step guide:
1. There was a ransomeware attack and Kate’s desk is sealed off by crime scene tape. First, grab the chip reader from the box.
2. Place the chip reader on the desk. The monitor changes, so look at it. We need five numbers. Look at the chip reader and notice the five numbers in bold — 63849. Then enter it on the PC.
3. Kate and Murphy head off. Murphy is meeting an informant named Hacksaw, but there was a shootout and he’s not answering his phone. Grab the wheel, nozzle and fuel. Then use them with the snowblower to get it working. Then use the snowblower to get rid of all the snow.
4. Pick up the metal numbers and then place them on the board to the right. Arrange them on the top to get 40827.
5. Now, tap on the door of the cabin to access a keypad. Enter 40827 to unlock the door and then head inside.
6. Move the mattress aside and the rug. Also, open the window to let light in. Grab the cloth curtains. Then open the cabinets to find a puzzle and grab the hacksaw. Then look at four points on the body. Open the phone case to see it’s empty. Look at all the tattoos and notice there’s a hidden compartment on one of his legs. Also, grab the symbol strip near his hand and look at it.
7. Use the hacksaw to cut open the loose floorboards and then pull out the safe.
8. Go outside and wet the cloth in the puddle. Go back inside and wipe the blood off the safe with the wet cloth. Now, look at the symbol strip again and count the number of times you see each of those symbols on his body.
Arrow = 9
Skull = 4
Heart = 1
Wave = 6
9. Enter 9416 into the locked safe and take the letter, triangles and lockpin gun from inside.
10. Use the lockpin gun to open the door to the right and see a flaming car outside.
11. We need to find Hacksaw’s evidence. Pull the tarp off the grill and grab the fire extinguisher and cleaning oil. Also, brush some snow aside to reveal a locked box. Use the cleaning oil to remove the rust. We’ll come back to it when we have a key. Then tap on the ice blocks to access a puzzle.
12. Let’s solve the Ice Stairway puzzle. You need to slide the ice blocks so the numbers end up in the right slots. You have a couple of extra blocks to work with, but it’s still tricky.
13. Use the fire extinguisher to put out the fire. Then tap each of the dead bodies to get a crowbar and a wrench.
14. Use the crowbar to open the car door and take the phone cord.
15. Go back inside. Plug in the phone cord. Also, use the wrench to fix the wheelchair and then take the small key.
16. Go back outside to the burnt car and use the small key to unlock the locked box. Take the screwdriver and the triangles from inside.
17. Go back inside and use the screwdriver to open the compartment on the leg. Grab the dead phone.
18. Place the phone on the wireless charger. Kate and Murphy will talk while it charges and then pick it back up automatically.
19. The phone is locked with facial ID. Use it on Hacksaw’s face to unlock it.
20. Look a the phone. Read through all the text messages on it. Someone threatened Hacksaw. He also got a delivery and it’s in the mailbox out front.
21. Go back out to the front of the cabin and use the phone to unlock the mailbox. Take the triangles and the chart from it.
22. Now we have all the triangles. Go back inside and place them in the puzzle inside the cabinets. Let’s solve the Triangulate puzzle. Tap the highlighted triangles to guide the electrical dot to the yellow triangle at the far right. Every time the electrical dot moves, the triangle it lands on rotates clockwise. Then take the photo.
23. Place the letter, chart and photo on the wall to open a secret safe and get the hard drive with Hacksaw’s evidence. Then watch the end of the chapter.
And that’s the end of Chapter 1! Click here to continue to Chapter 2 or choose a chapter below.