Adventure Escape Mysteries – On Thin Ice
By: Haiku Games
Haiku Games is back with a new Adventure Escape game, another Kate Gray mystery. Kate is back from her ordeal in Echo Bay, and just as she and Murphy head out on their first sushi date, disaster strikes; a trusted co-worker betrays the police station; a ransomware gang turns to murder; and a blizzard locks down the city. This walkthrough guide should help you if you get stuck on any of the puzzles in Chapter 3 of On Thin Ice. Feel free to ask for extra help in the comments section.
You can watch my video for Chapter 3 or continue below for my step-by-step guide:
1. We’re back at the police station. The storm picked up and now everyone has to shelter in place. First, look at the hard drive. We need a 6-digit code and it shows you that the first two are blue, the middle two are red, and the last two are green. There’s also a pattern below them. Look at Murphy’s chart to see that it matches it. But the chart shorts out. Take the police sticker off it and tape up the wire to fix it again. Tap on each photo to learn about them, but focus on the three highlighted on the hard drive. You have Dimebag, Nooner and Blackjack. Turn those into numbers and you get 10, 12, 21. Now just color-code them according to the clues on the hard drive and you get 21 10 12. Enter that into the hard drive to unlock it.
2. We don’t want to risk installing a virus on Kate’s computer, so we take the hard drive down to Dan’s office. But Dan is asleep, so we have to find a way to wake him up. First, get rid of all the junk in the room and also pull his blanket from under him. Then pick up the grabber, two fan bays, remote control, and handle.
3. Replace the handle on the cabinet so you can open it and get plastic tubes. Also, open the other drawer to get coolant. And then use the grabber to reach the Zap Cola energy drink on top of the closet.
4. Give Dan the energy drink so he wakes up. Then take the graphics card and microfiber cloth from under him.
5. Connect the two fan bays, plastic tubes, coolant and hard drive to the PC. Dan forgot his PIN, though, tap on the digital picture frame on the desk and use the microfiber cloth to clean it.
6. It’s stuck between two photos, so use the remote control to fix it. Then look through all the photos.
7. Tap on the computer screens to see a clue for Dan’s password. Then use them together with the photos to figure out the PIN. The icons on the screen show a red stopwatch, a blue snowflake, an orange fish, and a green gear. So if you look through the photos, the escape room gives you 5, the snowboarding gives you 3, the sushi gives you 9, and the robots give you 7. So enter 5397 as the PIN.
8. Kate plugs in the hard drive, but Dan falls asleep again. Tap on the monitors again. Let’s solve the Hard Drive Mysteries puzzle. You need to organize all the data by color — yellow on the top row, white in the middle, and green on the bottom.
9. Looks like Dan is the inside man. We need to get rid of Jacob, Murphy and Keiko so Kate can question him. First, grab some hand sanitizer. Then knock down the framed list of rules. Take the wire and look at the rules.
10. Use the wire to get the keyring from Jacob.
11. Use the key to unlock the door. Then open one of the lockers to get police tape.
12. The other locker requires a 5-digit code. First, use the sanitizer to clean it off. Then use the rules to figure out the code. First, the rules say only one visitor per prisoner. So that means there would be two people — the prisoner and the visitors. So apply all the rules using that situation, not the current one. Pay attention to the highlighted words — HANDS, NO ITEMS, SHIRTS, SHOES, MOUTHS. So two people would have 4 hands, 0 items, 2 shirts, 4 shoes, and 2 mouths. Enter 40242 to unlock the locker. Take Dan’s belongings from inside.
13. Give Dan’s belongings to Keiko to get her to leave and get back to work. Then grab the arrest papers. Also, give the police tape to Murphy to get him to leave.
14. Give the arrest papers to Jacob to get him to leave.
15. Use the wire to grab the tin mug and Dan’s glasses.
16. Fill the mug up with the water that’s dripping and use it to wake Dan. Then give him the glasses so you can talk to him.
17. It turns out the girl from the photo is Dan’s daughter and they threatened to kill her if he didn’t do everything they asked. So he put the ransomware on Kate’s computer, hoping he’d be caught. He then gives Kate his belt. Examine the belt to find a hidden compartment with a mysterious key inside. Take it.
18. Use the mysterious key to unlock the closet. There’s a laptop inside but it needs an antenna and a battery pack. Grab them from the closet.
19. Add the battery pack and the antenna to the computer. Now, let’s solve the Phone Tracker puzzle. Press two cell towers to connect them. Press them both again to remove the connection. The number on each cell tower shows how many connections it needs. Connections can’t overlap. Each cell tower needs to be connected to the overall group. Then watch the end of the chapter.
And that’s the end of Chapter 3! Click here to continue to Chapter 4 or choose a chapter below.