Cube Escape: Case 23
By: LoyaltyGame B.V. (Rusty Lake)
This is a complete step-by-step walkthrough guide with hints, tips, solutions and answers for the fifth Rusty Lake game, Cube Escape: Case 23. Feel free to ask for extra help in the comments section.
Chapter 1/4, The Murder Scene:
1. Zoom in on the dead body. Tap on her hair a few times to move it out of her face. Then, open her mouth to reveal a creepy crawly, and tap it until it scuttles across the floor.
2. Zip open the back of her dress and take the piece of paper with a Roman numeral I and a cube on it.
3. If you tap on the doorway behind her, it disappears. Turn right and open the curtains to see out the window. You can’t leave yet, because you have to collect all the evidence.
4. Turn right again. Zoom in on the parrot painting and take the piece of it that says “psittacus.”
5. Look at the table. Take the cigar and examine the crossword puzzle in the Daily Herald newspaper. We have one as we so far, for the parrot. Use the PAITTACUS label with the crossword puzzle to fill in the answer.
1. Painter of Lady of the Lake:
2. Parrot: PSITTACUS
4. Vincent Van Gogh: Bedroom in…:
6. Lift up all the sofa cushions to get a piece of paper with the Roman numeral II on it.
7. Find the bug on the wall behind the sofa. Tap it and then follow it around the room (don’t forget about the ceiling!), tapping it until it comes to a stop behind a cactus. Tap the bug, but also tap the cactus and take the “cactus” label.
8. Follow the bug to the desk below the Bedroom in Arles painting. Lift up the iron and tap the bug to get it to go under it. Then use the iron to squash the bug and take the key.
9. Take the label that says “Bedroom in Arles” from the painting. You now know the answer to the fourth crossword puzzle question. It’s ARLES. Use the ARLES label with the crossword puzzle to fill in the answer.
10. Use the key to open the left cabinet and take the paper with a drawing on it and the Roman numeral IV.
11. Tap on the Russian matryoshka doll. Open it up and move the one inside to the right. Keep doing this until you have all five open. Take the rose from the last one and place it in the first. Close the first doll and then open it again to find fish bones. Move the fish bones to the fish (#4) and turn it into blood. Move the blood to #3 and turn it into an egg. Move the egg to the parrot (#2) and turn it into a key. Take the key.
12. Use the key to unlock the right cabinet and get the jar of flies.
13. Find the fish bowl on the desk. Drop a fly in it. Then tap the plants and the shrimp to direct the fly to the shell on the right. A finger will come out of it and light it up, also pushing it to the top. This time, make it drop to the fish’s mouth. He’ll eat it and leave a key behind. Take it.
14. Use the key to unlock the desk drawer. Take the folder from inside and look at it. It tells you that “The Lady of the Lake” is by Lacus Fleo. Tear off the name LACUS FLEO. There’s also a painting and some symbols.
15. Place all four pieces of paper on the bulletin board and arrange them in order from I to IV. Now, look at the painting inside the folder. The hint is the cigar on the front of he folder. Find the four items on the bulletin board in in the painting and use the lit cigar to reveal the symbols behind them. Remember which symbols match up with each Roman numeral. So use the cigar on the cube, hand, house, and left eye.
16. Look at the bookshelf. The middle book automatically pops up. You need to then tap another book that shares some similarity with the first book. Then pick another one that’s similar to the previous. And keep going until all the books are up. Tap the arrow to reveal some Roman numerals and symbols.
17. Use the symbols you got from the folder to figure out which symbols to put below the books. It goes like this, but with the last one as a square instead of a cube. You then get the numbers 024355.
18. Go back to the crossword puzzle. We now have all the answers. Neobuxbaumia is a type of cactus. Enter all four words and you get FATE. Tear off the word FATE. The paper says to call the number starting with 024 and say that word. We know he phone number is 024355.
19. Place the word FATE next to the phone and dial 024355. Tap on the words you see to continue the conversation. When asked for your password, you’ll answer FATE, but the screen will go black.
20. Tap on the screen and everything will shake. Turn around to the wall with the dead woman. She’s now hanging upside-down from the ceiling. Tap her until she disappears and butterflies come out of her mouth. Look up at the ceiling and the butterflies (moths? Flies?) will form the letters 1421. Use the numbers 1421 to unlock the safe and get the evidence folder. Open it to complete the chapter.
Click on the little numbers below to continue to Chapter 2 or click here.
Note: Sometimes a promo code is provided for a game, but it does not affect the review in any way. At AppUnwrapper, we strive to provide reviews of the utmost quality.
Check out my recommended list for other games you might like.
If you like what you see on AppUnwrapper.com, please consider supporting the site through Patreon. Every little bit helps and is greatly appreciated. You can read more about it here. And as always, if you like what you see, please help others find it by sharing it.
I also offer affordable testing and consulting for iOS developers.
COPYRIGHT NOTICE © AppUnwrapper 2011-2020. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog's author is strictly prohibited. Links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to AppUnwrapper with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.