The Forgotten Room
By: Glitch Games
This is a complete step-by-step walkthrough guide with help, answers and solutions for the iOS, Android and PC game The Forgotten Room by Glitch Games. If you prefer a hint, feel free to ask in the comments section.
Note: I highly suggest trying to solve these puzzles on your own and only using this walkthrough as a last resort. If you’re here because you’re stuck on finding the batteries, here’s a hint: one answer is on the laptop. For the other, think like Glitch Games!
Make sure to use the in-game camera to take photos of clues! You can then write on them and take them out to use while you’re solving a puzzle!
1. Tap on the door and pick up the package. Then pick up the knife from the desk and drag it from your inventory to the box to cut it open.
You can also watch my video walkthrough for the game here:
2. Read the letter from Julie Bright and the newspaper clipping. Take the cross. Then close your suitcase after everything’s inside.
3. You’re in the house where Emily Bright disappeared. Your current objective is to find batteries for your flashlight/torch. First, look at the book on the table. You wrote some clues for yourself to jog your memory. One says SHIT with some dots under the letters. The other tells you that the code for the left side of something is your year of birth and for the right side, the key is on the USB. Take photos of both pages.
4. Go through the door to the left and look at the laptop. Pick up the USB stick from the table. Notice when you look at it in your inventory, it says “THIS IS THE KEY.” But if you plug it into the laptop, it says it’s blank.
5. Look at everything else on the laptop. You can listen to the sound of thunder and read all the emails. One thing you need to pay attention to is your (John Murr’s) email address at the top. It says JohnMyrr1968@pmail.co.uk. Take a photo of that.
6. Go right and enter the kitchen. Open the fridge and freezer. Take some ice from the freezer and open the pizza box to get some puzzle pieces.
7. Go all the way upstairs and into the bedroom. Grab the puzzle pieces from the wardrobe. There’s also a journal on the dresser you can read.
8. Look inside the crib. There’s a toy trumpet that plays a tune if you tap on it. Just remember it’s there. We’ll come back to it later.
9. Let’s unlock the suitcase! Notice it resembles the clues you left in the notebook downstairs. They were telling you how to figure out the combination for both sides. So you know the left side is John Murr’s date of birth — specifically the year. Look at his email address. It says 1968 in it — that’s the answer! Now to work on the right side. The USB stick was empty when you plugged it in. The real clue is THIS IS THE KEY. Or “THIS” is the key. Use the dots under the word SHIT to figure out the numbers for each letter in THIS. You then get 4183. Enter both 1968 and 4183 into the suitcase to unlock it.
10. Take the batteries and the cross from the suitcase and read the letter and newspaper clipping.
11. Open your inventory and combine the batteries with the flashlight. Then tap on the bed to get some sleep.
12. Four hours later, you wake up the noise of a door swinging shut and something crashing. Go check it out! It turns out the painting fell, revealing a safe. Place the cross in the socket and then look at the framed artwork inside. It says “FOUR SMALL HANDS ARE BETTER THAN TWO BIG HANDS.” Take a photo of it.
13. Go back downstairs. Go to the grandfather clock and move the hour hand (small hand) to 4 or IV and the minute hand (big hand) to 2 or II. Take the weights from inside.
14. Go into the kitchen and place the weights down by the scale. The game labels two of them for you as 1 and 3 LBs. using those two, work out the weights of the rest of them. Just figure out one at a time and then combine them to compare them to others. Once you figure them all out, you might want to take a photo and write their weights on them.
15. Notice the front door is open now. Go through but instead of going straight through the next door, turn left. Open the next door ahead of you and go in.
Click on the little numbers below to continue to the next page of the walkthrough or click here.
Note: Sometimes a promo code is provided for a game, but it does not affect the review in any way. At AppUnwrapper, we strive to provide reviews of the utmost quality.
Check out my recommended list for other games you might like.
If you like what you see on AppUnwrapper.com, please consider supporting the site through Patreon. Every little bit helps and is greatly appreciated. You can read more about it here. And as always, if you like what you see, please help others find it by sharing it.
I also offer affordable testing and consulting for iOS developers.
COPYRIGHT NOTICE© AppUnwrapper 2011-2020. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog's author is strictly prohibited. Links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to AppUnwrapper with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.