Cube Escape: The Lake
By: LoyaltyGame B.V. (Rusty Lake)
This is a complete step-by-step walkthrough guide with hints, tips, solutions and answers for the second Rusty Lake game, Cube Escape: The Lake. Feel free to ask for extra help in the comments section.
1. Pick up the wire and fishing rod.
2. Open the drawer and take the knife.
3. Turn right. Pick up the folded note above the window and look at it. It says “The past is never dead. It is not even past.”
4. Look up at the ceiling and grab the insect.
5. Turn right again. Pick up the fishing hook from the floor and open the cabinet to get a crowbar.
6. Turn right again. Place the fishing rod down and add the fishing line to it. Attach the hook at the end and then add the insect. Start fishing and you’ll get a shrimp.
7. Turn right. Place the shrimp on the cutting board on the table. Use the knife to cut it open and then take the key and shrimp head.
8. Use the key to unlock the top locker and get the magnet and worm.
9. Go back to the fishing rod. Attach the shrimp head to the hook and fish out a…human body. Stab it with the knife and take the apple from inside.
10. Attach the worm to the hook and fish out a…fish!
11. Place the fish on the cutting board and cut it open. Something black is inside it. If you keep tapping, it grows into a tree.
12. There are five spots to place items. Look at the note from earlier to see where to place the apple and put it there.
13. Use the magnet to fish out a key from the lake. Use the key to unlock the bottom locker and get a coin. Add the coin to its spot on the tree.
14. There’s a slit in the wall. Use the crowbar to pull out a part of it and grab the key.
15. Turn right twice and use the key to unlock the glass cabinet. Take the mold.
16. Use the mold to fish out a shell and add it to the tree in the appropriate spot.
17. Fish again using the magnet and you’ll get a safe. The clue on it is mirrored numbers that say 6 x 237. If you do the math, you get 1422. Enter that as the code (using mirrored numbers, of course) to unlock the safe and get the gem. Add it to the tree.
18. Use the magnet to fish out another safe. This one says you need to use a code from Seasons to change your fate. If you haven’t played that yet, you can see my walkthrough here. The answer is 1487. Unlock the safe to get a green gem.
19. There’s another loose board in the wall on this screen. Use the crowbar to remove it and get the eyeball.
20. Time to put it on the tree. But before you do, make sure to swap out the white gem for the green gem.
21. Turn until you see a black shadow. Tap him until a black cube appears. Tap that to complete the game and get the good ending (you changed your fate).
Congratulations! You completed the game! Try the next game in the series, Cube Escape: Arles.
Note: Sometimes a promo code is provided for a game, but it does not affect the review in any way. At AppUnwrapper, we strive to provide reviews of the utmost quality.
Check out my recommended list for other games you might like.
If you like what you see on AppUnwrapper.com, please consider supporting the site through Patreon. Every little bit helps and is greatly appreciated. You can read more about it here. And as always, if you like what you see, please help others find it by sharing it.
I also offer affordable testing and consulting for iOS developers.