Agent A: A Puzzle in Disguise
By: Yak & Co.
This is a complete step-by-step walkthrough with help, hints, tips, answers and solutions for the iOS, Android, PC and console game, Agent A, by Yak & Co. Feel free to ask for extra help in the comments section.
Chapter 1 | Chapter 2 | Chapter 3 | Chapter 4 | Chapter 5 | Achievements | Review | Interview
Chapter 1, A Puzzle in Disguise:
1. Move the potted plant and pick up the gold key. Use it to unlock the panel to the left of the door. Press the buttons in this order to unlock the door.
2. Go inside. There’s a vase on the table that isn’t really a vase. Flick the top up to reveal a button. Press it and a picture frame will move, revealing a secret control panel.
3. Take the crank, then press the blue and red buttons until a square slot opens. Basically, just press a blue one, then the red one, blue then red, blue then red. The idea is to turn them all off.
4. Take a look at the plants on the wall. It’s a clue for later.
5. Continue into the living room. Ruby La Rouge is outside and she locks you in! You need to disable the alarm system. First, go up the stairs to the piano room and library. Knock over the lamp and then take the magnet from the bookshelf.
Achievement: Glissando Glide – To get this achievement, quickly run your fingers back and forth along the piano.
6. Go back downstairs and use the magnet to get the metal key out from the fish (shark) tank. You need to lead it to the tube that will suck it out, then open the panel. Open the filter box to find it in there and grab it.
7. Go up the stairs, past the hanging plants. Use the metal key in the lock and go through. Lots of options here.
8. Let’s first open the drawer here and get a yellow wedge piece (triangle).
9. Go through the right door to the bathroom. Open the mirror above the sink. Take the yellow wedge piece and notice the symbol on one of the bottles. It’s a clue. Also, find the switch and flick it to reveal a hidden safe room. Take the pink telescope.
10. Tap on the screens and Ruby will appear on all of them, telling you you’ll never catch her. Notice what’s on the screens. We’ll have to come back here later. But for now, flick the switch again to bring the regular bathroom back. Turn on the shower and notice that the steam makes a clock appear on the glass. The hands are pointed to 3 and 12, or 3:00. It’s a clue!
11. Leave the bathroom and go through the left door to Ruby’s study. Change the clock to 3:00 and take the diamond.
12. Go to the phonograph. Pick up the record next to it and place it on top. Then add the crank. Turn the crank until the gauge hits red, causing the screwdriver to fly out from the opening. Then pick up the screwdriver from the floor.
Achievement: Wuka Wuka – For this achievement, run your finger along the record on the gramophone for 10 seconds to scratch it.
13. Look at everything on the desk. There’s a note under the ship’s blueprints. The most important thing to notice here is the symbol to the left.
Achievement: STAR 69 – Turn on the phone in the study and then dial *69 to see who Ruby spoke to last.
14. Leave the study and go through the back door to the bedroom. Ignore the cat for now. Open the chest at the foot of the bed and insert the wedges you found so far. Also, notice the colored pattern in the painting on the wall.
15. Go up the stairs. Arrange the hanging plants like the ones you saw earlier. So it should go down, up, down, up. A telescope stand will rise up from a secret opening in the floor. Pick up the yellow wedge and place the telescope on the stand. We’re still missing the lens.
16. Pick up the yellow cube from behind the small plant on the table and get the wedge from under the seat cushion.
17. Leave this room. Feel free to place the new wedges in the bedroom. Then go back to the first room of the house. Place the yellow cube in the slot you opened earlier. Four more colored cubes will appear. Arrange them based on the painting from the bedroom: pink, white, orange, blue, yellow. Then take the wedge.
18. Go back to the living room. Use the screwdriver to open the panel on the alarm system. Then place the diamond in middle of the laser to disarm the alarm. Open the door and go through to the pool area and Chapter 2.
And that’s the end of Chapter 1. Click here to continue to Chapter 2, The Chase Continues.
Chapter 1 | Chapter 2 | Chapter 3 | Chapter 4 | Chapter 5 | Achievements | Review | Interview
This Post Has 97 Comments
Can you please post a full walkthrough I can’t figure this out please
What do you mean? The walkthrough is complete.
They mean they cant figure out how to get to the next page of the walkthrough, it’s not readily apparent. They may have figured it out, tho.
Ah ok. Yeah, I haven’t figured out a way to make the page numbers stand out more. That’s why I added the bold text and link at the end of each page.
The little control panel is annoying me because I can’t get the cube slots open
The fusebox is driving me insane. Does it. Not reset? We need a skip button please
It doesn’t seem to reset, no. Hopefully my video helps?
When I go up the stairs past the hanging plants, use the key to open the white diuble doors it brings me to the bedroom with the bed. I can’t figure out how to get into the bedroom and study. I’ve tapped literally everything. Help!
You mean the hallway with three doors isn’t there at all?
No. I don’t see a hallway. I go through the white door and it immediately opens on the bedroom with the painting and a cat in a chair.
The bedroom is at the end of the hall of where the bathroom and office is
I just restarted the game, and now there is the hallway. That was weird.
Ok good. That’s odd, though.
thanks!!! see you in the next episode!!!
Where did you find the keycard?
It’s hidden in a plant!
Hey I’m stuck with the hacking device and the old phone, it’s driving me mad! Help!!
You mean you can’t get the hacking device to work?
You stick it to the broken key pad in the living room
Thank you so much for this walkthrough. I was stuck as what to do with the hacking device and you saved me from so much frustration, once I had that clue I was able to finish this puzzle. However I don’t know where to scroll down to get the bonus.
It’s on the bottom of the very last page of the walkthrough. 🙂
I am on the last page of the walkthrough. Maybe it is not offered to everyone. Can’t believe i made it through the puzzle and can’t find the word bonus game. Wow, shame on me!
What do you mean? It’s a little hidden Easter egg within the game that I just didn’t want to spoil for people without warning them. You can’t see it?
Under the last screen, I can see where it says “bonus easter egg”. I scrolled slowly to the bottom of the page, a lot of comments but no easter egg. That is okay, the game was fun and that is sufficient.
Thank you for trying to help me though.
I have given up on finding that elusive Egg. I played that game on an IPad, don’t know if that could be the problem. Here is what I see. Under the last frame of the walkthrough, the red screen which says
to be continued, there is a sentence in bold letters. Hidden Bonus Easter Egg: and the rest of the line is blank.
Also at the end of each page of the walkthrough it says to press on the numbers, but ther are only three asterisks. It is okay because I press on click here instead.
BTW: how can I restart the game, it would be fun to see how faster I could be the second time.
Forget about the egg, playing the puzzle was really fun.
Eden I’m trying to get the reflecter from the cat but I don’t know how
Hi! Where is the broken keypad? I’ve looked everywhere for it! Lol.
Oh, nevermind. It’s in the living room. Sorry guys 🙂
I loved this game. When is part 2 coming out?
I’m interviewing the developer. Maybe if you ask him he’ll tell you? 😉 https://www.appunwrapper.com/2015/11/04/agent-a-interview/
Hi .just started this and got a fairly basic glitch already. I was dragging the key around the fish tank and the magnet went off screen behind the inventory. No way to get it back. Game over?
Thanks for any help
Never heard of that problem. I’d suggest restarting the game, since you’re so early on.
haha.just like me to find a bug. Anyway, thanks for your time. I restarted and was a bit more careful with the magnet this time.
Thanks for your help
I am really stuck on the piano game. I have watched the walk through lots of times. Is there an easy way to get through it
I am having a problem with the piano.Is there an easier way to complete the piano part of the game?
The screenshots I included don’t help?
I can’t seem to find the wedge that’s behind the lounge chair by the pool…
Knock over the table.
I have problem with number slot machine. Ugh. Is there anyway to make it easier to tap the number?
My yellow cube doesn’t want to fit in the slot, it just says ‘It seems to belong there, but I need to open it somehow’ What do I need to open?
Nevermind it worked
What have you done to make it work? Mine doesn’t want to fit!! 🙁
I’m having the same problem with the yellow cube, what do I need to do?
How do you get rid of the flames I can’t seem to work it outΓò¼├┤Γö£Γò¥Γö£┬╜╬ô├¬ΓîÉ╬ô├▓├▓Γö£├á?
Try water. 😉
Find the cup.
Where is the cupΓò¼├┤Γö£Γò¥Γö£┬╜╬ô├¬ΓîÉ╬ô├▓├▓Γö£├á?
And where is the plungerΓò¼├┤Γö£Γò¥Γö£┬╜╬ô├¬ΓîÉ╬ô├▓├▓Γö£├áΓò¼├┤Γö£Γò¥Γö£┬╜╬ô├¬ΓîÉ╬ô├▓├▓Γö£├áΓò¼├┤Γö£Γò¥Γö£┬╜╬ô├¬ΓîÉ╬ô├▓├▓Γö£├áΓò¼├┤Γö£Γò¥Γö£┬╜╬ô├¬ΓîÉ╬ô├▓├▓Γö£├á
I need the telescope lens. How can I move the cat ?
Thanks for all the terrific hints. I am 68 years old and only ever played Solitaire before this, so it’s all been quite an adventure! It is a really good game. One thing – I can’t for the life of me break the glass on the panel above the fireplace. Can you help me with this?
You just keep tapping it until it breaks. 🙂
All of the puzzles made sense except for the line puzzle (in the tiles above the fireplace). Was there a clue that told us what the arrangement of the lines was supposed to be? Or were we supposed to just accidentally happen upon that combination?
How do you get the Catt to move
THERE IS NO PLUNGER!!!!! HELP
The crank on the gramophone won’t turn?? The record is on the gramophone
I only can find 11 yellow triangles where is the 12….????
Got cell & hacker tool But cant figure out puzzle above fireplace or move any longer??? HELP!!!
What if you break the valve on the red pipe? Please help!
K i’ve got the cell & hack device.
The pool is still electrified.
What is 1771?
Does the sunk ship and the lines have to do with the puzzle over the fireplace? Or is the table upstairs with its weird shape and comment? Or is the two square shape diagram on the desk?
I HAVE COME TO AN IMPASSE AND CANNOT GO FORWARD HELP…
Use the wheel from it on the pipe outside (next to the mail box)
There isn’t a lightbulb in the toolbox in the garage for me?
I DON’T HAVE ON TOOO
Thank You! I’m always the last to play – BTW, the lightbulb is no longer in the toolbox in the garage. Just FYI.
Same here, there wasnΓò¼├┤Γö£├ºΓö£├╗t a lightbulb inside the toolbox!! All the items were in the toolbox, except for the lightbulb. Any ideas or tips?!
I kept playing for a while, until I got stuck; so I tried Google, and a few other walkthroughs. Then I found others with the same issue, whoΓò¼├┤Γö£├ºΓö£├╗d left the Γò¼├┤Γö£├ºΓö¼├║missing lightbulbΓò¼├┤Γö£├ºΓö¼├æ comments here.
I couldnΓò¼├┤Γö£├ºΓö£├╗t find any answers about Γò¼├┤Γö£├ºΓö£ΓöÉAgent AΓò¼├┤Γö£├ºΓö£├╗ issues, like this pesky missing lightbulb. Γò¼├┤Γö£├ºΓö¼┬¼Has anyone with the same problem found a solution? (Ideally one that doesnΓò¼├┤Γö£├ºΓö£├╗t involve resetting my game, and progress.)
ItΓò¼├┤Γö£├ºΓö£├╗s my first time playing Γò¼├┤Γö£├ºΓö£ΓöÉAgent AΓò¼├┤Γö£├ºΓö£├╗, and it is a brilliant game; the perfect mix of adventure and puzzle genres.
Hey, the lightbulb is at the front door entrance to the house.
Hi. Did we ever find a solution to the missing lightbulb question? It is not in my toolbox. Thank you!
DID ANYONE FIND THE DAMN LIGHTBULB THAT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE IN THE TOOLBOX YET?
Use the hammer to break the light bulb infront of the front door
Hi where is the garage ?? Tganks
the garage is behind the big stone wall past the pool
Hi i never received a bulb – its not in front of door either. Help am stuck
To all the people who cannot find the lightbulb in the game. You dont need to find the lightbulb now.
Just go to the main entrance and smash the flickering light bulb with your hammer.
Try typing *69 on the phone in the office. It will give you the last number dialed.
a mi no me sale la bombilla
the light bulb is missing from the toolbox 🙁
The lightbulb iwasnt in the tin box when I opened it. Any idea where else it might be?
When I try to put the ruby on, it doesn’t go on the thing it just goes straight back to the inventory
Wait never mind
Ummmm when I opened the box there wasnΓò¼├┤Γö£├ºΓö£├╗t a lightbulb only the hammer,wedge and key
There were no lightbulb in the metal box for me
There was no lightbulb in the metal box
Hey in my metal box there wasnΓò¼├┤Γö£├ºΓö£├╗t a light bulb
I can’t get the phone to work I enter *68 but nothing happens
oh and as well I can’t find the last wedge piece where is it?
yaks and co make a good game I tried to enter the bomb number early to see what happens and this comes up CHEAT =)
XD well played my friend well played..
I did not see any lightbub in the box in the garage
One missing light bulb One missing yellow wedge
I didnΓò¼├┤Γö£├ºΓö£├╗t have a lightbulb in the locked box.
How do you take photos of clues
O c╬ô├╢┬ú╬ô├╢├⌐digo 1771 n╬ô├╢┬úΓö£Γòæo funciona. Nesta nova vers╬ô├╢┬úΓö£Γòæo
This was horrible I need more info Bois
This sucked I need more beef in my boy
I got stuck on the part of the fire in the tile and when I got it I tried to do the puzzle part of it where you move the lines but I canΓò¼├┤Γö£├ºΓö£├╗t figure it out what do I do!!!!!
Hi, I am missing a blueprint piece after picking up the last one from chapter5. It is the one that prevents seeing the first digits of the code for security clearance 5. Any tips someone of where it could be found?