The Mortimar Hill Hotel
This is a complete walkthrough guide with hints, tips, tricks, answers and solutions for the iOS and Android game The Mortimar Hill Hotel by Monioko. Feel free to ask for extra help in the comments section.
1. You’re lying in bed, staring at the fan. Tap the down arrow to see the rest of the room. Look at the postcard on the bed near the stuffed bear.
You can also watch my video walkthrough of the game here:
2. Find the switch near the TV to turn off the fan. Then look at the fan again to see the words “YOU MUST LEAVE.” Notice the Y M L are in red. That might be important.
3. Look at the fan switch again. There’s a hand print in blood!
4. I went through the second door and then back out and the stuffed bear was missing, but not sure what caused that. Anyway, go trough the second door and then tap to the right to see a long hallway.
5. If you go through the left door, you’ll see a ball roll. But no one’s there! Notice the Hieronymus Bosch painting on the wall. Tap the upper right corner to peel off the painting and see a decoder. Then go back to the hallway.
6. Look at the piano and read another postcard.
7. Open the cabinet to the left of the elevator to get a briefcase/satchel to use as your inventory.
8. Go back a bit and through the door to the right of the piano. This is another bedroom. Go through the door to the bathroom and pick up the lightbulb and the rubber plug from the bathtub.
9. Go back to the hallway. Turn to face the mirror near the radiator. Use the bulb to light up the left sconce and a brooch will fall from behind the radiator. Pick it up.
10. Continue back down the hallway a bit. To the left is an odd portrait. Place the brooch to the right of it. It triggers something. Zoom back out and pick up the three wooden blocks from the floor.
11. Go back to the decoder behind the Hieronymus Bosch painting. Place the wooden blocks on it and line each up with the letters from the fan we saw earlier — Y M L. You then get Y = Right 60, M = Left 15, and L = Right 30.
12. Go back to the bedroom near the piano. Move the mirror that’s over the dresser to reveal a safe. Use the numbers you just go to unlock it. So 60 right, 15 left, 30 right. Open it and take the key card from inside.
13. Enter the elevator at the end of the hallway. Insert the key card. If you go to the Lower Level (LL), the way is blocked. So go down the the basement (B). Look at the wall of metal sheets and pick up the piece of putty.
14. Go back up to the third floor. Some of the lights go out. Head back to the four pictures and and head left. Pick up the box of matches from the chair.
15. Go back to the bedroom you woke up in. Pick up the candle from under the small table.
Click on the little numbers below to continue to the next page or click here.
This Post Has 49 Comments
This is where I’m stuck: an inventory full of things that are “useless” here & there. Oh, how I wish the developer worked with testers for this game.
I’ll try to catch up with you today. Fran Bow stole my attention. 😉
It’s cool. I noticed the Fran Bow series yesterday and considered getting them. Just wasn’t sure why the developer separated them all. It would be nice to purchase them as a bundle.
$$$$$$. I said same thing
The 5 different apps doesn’t bother me (I’m buying one at a time as I play them). But I’m still on chapter 1, so can’t comment on the game as a whole.
I am a little baffled with the code for the door. Typical 10 key , I see the numbers on the 9 metal plates. I see the code of the tic tack toe squares and the X on the 6th square. I am assuming a linkage.
The numbers on the metal plates are used to open the oven door.
Where did u get the clue on which tiles to use?
If you have the corkscrew, then go to the kitchen and open the wine bottle for the paper inside. It will show with a red X which tile to look at. It will be the second row and the far right X
I am stuck not knowing what to do with a pair of tongs, a bottle of some toxic liquid, and a key encased in something hard. Anyone know where to go from here?!
Go back to the bathroom where you see a cup/canister on the side by the tub. Put the toxic liquid and the key into this container. Then use the tongs to take the key out.
How do I light up the dark hallway? I have a candle & matches, but have no clue where to put them.
Haven’t done it yet, but I assume the bulb would do that?
hi can anyone help with the code for the door with Tic Tock on it,also anyone know where the hat goes tia..
You find the door code by looking trough the telescope. Put the hat on the hat rack (right corner of the room after the kitchen
You don’t use the candle in any hallway. You use it in the basement on the far left on a crate.
I must be missing something significant then. I’m still stuck on the first floor with nothing in my inventory but a corkscrew, candle, matches, & one metal plate.
Where do you get the metal plate? And what you do next?
I am stuck on this part too. I have the corkscrew, matches, lightbulb and candle. I have found the decoder but it keeps saying I need the combination when I press the safe.
i think i got a key card out the safe for the lift,then you can go to the kitchen and use the corkscrew
You guys still need help on this? I’ll dive back in today. Trying to juggle four games at once!
Pop! Good creepy game. Very well done!
Where did you find the combopination for the safe?
Where did you find the safe combination?
Hi you get the safe combo from the peeling the painting in the hall and the letters off the ceiling fan
Thanks! (and apologies for the double post!)
DOH! The corner of the strange painting peels off. *facepalm*
compleated thanks for all the help:-)
When I peel the painting off and get the letters of the fan I still get “I need to find a combination” when I click on the safe. What am I doing wrong?
Me too! Still waiting for a reply on my post about this. If you figure it out, please share 🙂
If you got the 3 blocks that fell in the middle of the hall, then they need to be placed on the 3 columns of letters/numbers that appear at the end of the hall where the painting says “it makes you feel uneasy”. I can’t remember how I got the 3 columns to appear and the painting to disappear. I clicked a few times around that painting and the 3 columns appeared. You then arrange the 3 blocks Y M L until you see 3 numbers nice and centered. That is the combination to the safe. The 3 blocks have the right arrow and left arrow to give you which direction to rotate the dial.
Thanks for your response – I got to the brick door with nothing to pry the brick out, what to do? And still missing a part for the telescope…:/
When you figure out the brick wall and missing telescope piece, please let me know 🙂
Im missing the part for the telescope too where can i find it?
Three blocks? Haven’t found those yet 🙁
You need an ice pick to get the brick out of wall. You need to arrange the little cups to the left of the wall. I never found a clue, but arranged them as follows: left to right……2 3 1 4. A key will appear on floor. Go to locked cabinet in hallway. Open cabinet, get ice pick
How about the hat where can i find it
The hat is hanging on the wall with the three pictures. It is in a glass case. You need a hammer to break the glass.
I’m stuck at the basement…..found a door where i removed the chains, but now i need another key….
If I recall correctly, the key appears either in the sub-basement or after you go to the sub-basement and come back up.
I’m not stuck with an unlocked basement door that still has the chain across it. I have a crowbar and nothing else.
If you lit the candle and it was blown out, then you need to go back to that location. Did you find the key that is on the floor in the basement?
I went back to the blown out candle but didn’t see anything new.
Before you go back to the candle you first have to watch a videotape
There is one common thing to do in this game. ….Always go back to visited rooms after you do something. Things change from time to time. Things keep getting bloodier as the game progresses. For instance, the video tape is in the child’s bedroom when there is blood all over the investigated crime scene.
I didn’t notice the remote control before……found the key and finished the game 😀
I’m stuck also. In my inventory I have the candle, the tongs and the matches. I’ve gone all over all the rooms and I can’t find anything else to get. Can someone please help me what I need to do next please
Anyone else keep getting a black screen? Before when I got it, closing down the app fixed it. But now I’m getting it every time I open the app. Just a black screen.
Did you use the code on the oven to get the mallet?