Adventure Escape Mysteries – Vanishing Act
By: Haiku Games
Haiku Games is back with a new Adventure Escape game, this time another Detective Kate Gray mystery. You play as Kate, as she and Murphy try to get a night to themselves. But magic shows are full of surprises. When something goes wrong, what secrets will be revealed? This walkthrough guide should help you if you get stuck on any of the puzzles in Vanishing Act. Feel free to ask for extra help in the comments section.
You can watch my video for Chapter 1 or continue below for my step-by-step guide:
1. Detective Kate Gray and Aaron Murphy finally get a night alone and go to see the magician Gail the Great. Murphy is called onto the stage for a trick but his wallet goes missing after! First, talk to Harry the magician. He’ll let you look around for the wallet.
2. Open the box and grab the magician’s cane. Also, look at the poster on the wall. Notice the cards on it. Well come back to that later.
3. Use the cane to pull down the ladder. Then have Murphy climb up the ladder and turn on the spotlight.
4. Tap on the locked chest you can now see. Remember the poster? The cards on it were the 9 of clubs, 4 of hearts, 8 of spades and 3 of diamonds. So enter those into the combination lock as 4839.
5. Move some stuff aside to get the box cutter. Then move more aside to find a wallet. It is Murphy’s but his driver’s license is missing!
6. Show Harry the wallet. He says that the chest is Gail’s and we should talk to her. She’s in her dressing room.
7. Move the aside the curtain to try and talk to Gail in her dressing room. She won’t open up and Harry disappears, so we have to find a way in ourselves.
8. Tap on the door again and Kate and Murphy will decide that they’ll climb through the vent. Pick up the wheel. Then attach it to the poster board and wheel it aside.
9. Use the box cutter to cut the rope holding the moon and then open the cabinet to get the drawer key.
10. Use the key to open the drawer and take the screwdriver from inside. Then use it to open the vent and climb through.
11. Now we have to solve the vent puzzle. Guide Kate and Murphy to the green tiles. Select one of their icons to control the character. To open a gate, move one of them to a matching colored floor button. There’s multiple puzzles. Here’s the first one:
12. And here’s the second one.
13. Now we’re inside the dressing room. Grab the magician token from behind the pillow. Open the drawer to get a gold mask and open the cabinet to get a green wig. Also, look at the bulletin board to find a note attached to it via a dagger. Take the dagger and read the note. Also, notice the vest pocket is sewn shut. There’s also fingerprints on the mirror but we need to improvise to lift them. There’s also some mannequin heads with masks and wigs on them.
14. Use the dagger to cut open the best pocket and take the desk key.
15. Use the key to unlock the desk drawer and take the tablet and heart pendant from inside.
16. Place the tablet in the charging station and place the heart pendant in the slot on the locked jewelry box. Then take the makeup and black mask from inside.
17. Look at the mirror and rub makeup all over it to highlight the letters HOCUS.
18. Look at the locked tablet and enter HOCUS as the passcode, or 35177.
18. Now we’re in! Read the texts between Elias Legrand and Gail. Murphy was targeted! Then open the photos app and look at all four photos. They’re clues we’ll need soon. And last, open the remote lock app and press the UNLOCK ALL button to open the hatch in the floor.
19. Take the red wig from the trap door in the floor.
20. There’s also a puzzle under there, but ignore it for now. Let’s first solve the mannequin heads puzzle. Place the two masks and two wigs on the heads. Then at the photos and organize them in chronological order. So it goes:
November 21, 2022
February 13, 2023
June 9, 2023
October 27, 2023
21. Copy the mask and wig from each of those photos and it should look like the image below. Then take the magician token from inside the last one’s mouth.
22. Now let’s solve the trap door puzzle. Arrange the tokens so that each one is in its matching colored section. Press an orange button to rotate the tokens around it. The lower orange buttons can be used to temporarily move tokens out of the way. You can watch my video if you need help.
23. Look at the card inside the vent. It’s a membership card for Smoke & Mirrors. Flip it over to see Gail Leary’s signature and the address on the back – 204 1/2 11th Avenue. You’ll take the card with you in case we need it later.
And that’s the end of Chapter 1! Click here to continue to Chapter 2 or choose a chapter below.